• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unexpected bonus check at work today!!!

samano

Mouseketeer
My phone was ringing as I walked into my office this morning, it was my manager calling first thing in the morning (very unusual!) She wanted to let me know before it arrived that I was getting a bonus check today, and it would be arriving FedEx shortly. I have been with the company a few years and never received a bonus before. Apparently, a decision was made to include the peons (that would be me!) in the bonuses this year, not just upper management.

I am a single mom on a tight budget who has been dying to go back to Disney this summer, trip is booked, but I keep changing my mind thinking of all the more sensible, practical things I could do with that money. :rolleyes:

OKAY, so the check arrives, it is within $100 of the amount I had budgeted for the trip!!!! I felt like I won a free trip to Disney....I cried and cried, everyone thought I was nuts.

But, I knew I could come here and share my joy and the fellow DISers would completely understand!!! I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! :banana:

:thumbsup2 Congratulations! I'm sure it was well deserved! I, too, recently received a bonus. I will take care of a few bills. If I get another bonus this year I'm hoping to buy some additional DVC points! :wizard:

Now you can stop worrying & plan a fantastic trip. Have a wonderful time!!
Happy planning!!! :wizard:

Thank you so much! I couldn't sleep last night, planning this trip in my head. :goodvibes I'm just glad the trip is "official" now!!!

:cheer2: :woohoo: Good for you, as a single mother here, i try to go every other year, enjoy and have a safe and fun well deserved trip pixiedust: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo pluto: :dumbo: :eeyore: pooh: :goofy: :stitch: :simba: :tigger: :tink: :smickey: :donald: :mickeyjum

I am so happy for you. I hope your trip is filled with lots of pixie dust. pixiedust:

Thank you!! I don't know how I am going to wait for July to get here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter