Understanding and Maximizing old Tickets?

Veater

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at Disneyworld for 16 days this summer. We plan on getting the 10day tickets and stretching them with the water parks but they expire in 14 days from first use so the last 2 days we won't have tickets. We have a couple old ones from 2001 that are Park Hopper Plus tickets that have 2 theme parks and 1 Water park and one with 1 theme park and 4 water parks. I believe we can just use these as is on those last couple of days as they do have magnetic strips. My question is 1. Can we get fastpasses with these old tickets on those days that we use them? and 2. Will the ticket then be tied by finger scan forever to whomever uses it? We aren't getting to go back anytime soon so spending the extra money for an annual pass would be too expensive for just an extra one or 2 days. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Yes, I believe the person whose fingerprint is tied to the ticket, is tied forever. Yes, you can still get fastpasses. However, we had tix from before the fingerprint. And if it's not fingerprinted, you will tie a finger to whichever ticket you use. So if YOU are the one to use it one day, you must be the one to use it from there on out, until it expires. They do still carry no expiration (if they're that old) or whatever amenities were added.

Have fun!

Everything works almost perfectly with the 10 day expirings and the old tickets each with 2 days.

Except that one person (with the 1 day and 4 plusses) might have to buy a 1 day base ticket.

Buying a new 10 day non-expiring and using 1 day now is usually not cost effective unless the remaining 9 days cover two more whole vacations.

Thanks for your answers. I figured that they would be tied to fingerprint but I was hoping that since they were old tickets before the fingerprint scan started, it wouldn't be that way now. Does help me in planning to know that ahead of time. I guess it doesn't matter how old the magnetic strip is - just that it is there for both fastpass and finger scan.

OT - but this thread reminded me that I still have an E ticket. Other than framing it, what could I do with it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter