Undercover Tourist?

Wedway Weople Woover

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a Disney trip, and my plan was to book a room only reservation with Disney and purchase my tickets from Undercover Tourist. I've never used Undercover Tourist before, but I saw that they were an authorized reseller of Disney tickets, so I thought I'd take advantage of their discounts.

When I called Disney today to book my resort, the cast member I spoke to warned me against buying tickets from any source other than Disney or AAA. When I told her I had seen through Disney's Mom Panel that Undercover Tourist was an authorized reseller, she was adamant that the only reseller authorized by Disney was AAA.

After getting off the phone, I double-checked my research -- several sources, including the Better Business Bureau, all say that Undercover Tourist is an authorized reseller.

So, now I'm going to my favorite source -- the DIS experts! Is Undercover Tourist an authorized reseller? Was the cast member I spoke to mistaken?

I've purchased tickets from them in the past and had no problems using the tickets at WDW. I recently purchased from them for our upcoming trip as well.

I have used Undercover Tourist for over 10 years - so more than 10 trips - and never had a problem. They also mail you the tickets for no cost to you - it is the actual Disney ticket - not a voucher to be turned in for a ticket.
I wonder why the cast member was giving such false information? Maybe her husband works for AAA?
Face it - all of us on this forum have heard false statements from cast members, bus drivers, hotel clerks, etc. I always wonder why they don't reseach a subject before passing on mis-information.

I have been buying tickets from UT for years. Never had an issue. There are several authorized resellers actually so the CM you spoke to had no idea what she was talking about (which is very often the case).

A good rule of thumb is to never believe what the phone CMs tell you - they're just flat out wrong pretty often.

definitely misinformed.. that's the only place I buy tickets from :)

Just used them to purchase a 10 day park hopper w/no expiration since Disney stopped selling tickets that don't expire.

Lori P. :)

I literally just hung up with a CM and was told that the Undercover tickets can't be linked to room key as well as no ability to add any additional days.

Is either one of these statements true?

I literally just hung up with a CM and was told that the Undercover tickets can't be linked to room key as well as no ability to add any additional days.

No. This is why phone CMs are held in such low regard here. They often can't get the simplest answers correct.

Added an extra day to UT tickets AND added them to my KTTW July 4th week with no issues whatsoever

UT is amazing. We LOVE them, and pretty much always buy from them for AP upgrades when we miss our renewal window.

I was unware that anyone bought tickets from anyone but...

I kid, but really, Undercover Tourist is great.

I have bought tickets from them for years and recently bought tickets for our upcoming trip. No problems with them whatsoever and we put them on our keys to the kingdom card.

Just purchased tix for the second time; no problems! They are mailed in a plain envelope/pkg so just make sure you don't mistake it for junk mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter