Undercover Tourist Disney Tickets

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
So I've bought disney tickets from ut before. No issues. In fact, I bought hoppers once and kept them in a safe and didn't use them for at least a year or 2. Now I see something new on their site that hasn't ever been there before.

"Activate by December 31, 2018!"

Is this new? So if I bought tickets today- I absolutely have to use them by the end of the year? It was so nice before not to have to. This is a bummer.

So this it not new for UT, it's a change Disney made starting with tickets sold last year. WDW tickets now have an expiration date and are expected to be used by that date. However, if they are not used by that date, the purchase price of an expired ticket can be applied to the cost of a new ticket so you're not out of pocket any money.

As explained by @Robo :

"
At this time, if never used, all new MYW tickets have an expiration date.
(The date of this expiration will be shown when the ticket purchased.)
However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket of like or greater value."

You can check out his whole sticky in the Theme Parks board which has a ton of info about the tickets and how to use them, upgrade, etc
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter