• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Undercover Tourist and RFID

MIChessGuy

(Almost) Too Old for Roller Coasters
Anyone know if Undercover Tourist is still burning through any remaining non-RFID ticket inventory? I have a ticket in process and just got to wondering whether all tickets were RFID now, regardless of type or source. If some "old" tickets are still around, I'll need to budget for a stop at the TTC.

Anyone know if Undercover Tourist is still burning through any remaining non-RFID ticket inventory? I have a ticket in process and just got to wondering whether all tickets were RFID now, regardless of type or source. If some "old" tickets are still around, I'll need to budget for a stop at the TTC.

I bought 4 5 day base last month and they were all RFID.

When I asked this a few months ago someone did get a non RFID ticket it just depends.

You don't have to go the TTC though, any ticket window or GR can handle it even at a water park or DTD which can be a lot easier to get to.

You don't have to go the TTC though, any ticket window or GR can handle it even at a water park or DTD which can be a lot easier to get to.

Exactly! Don't go out of your way to go to the TTC.

we just got our tickets from them last week and they were RFID

excuse my ignorance but why would you have to stop at TTC??? (sorry I'm not a disney frequent flyer although I would love to be )

I called them today to ask this very question and they advised that all of their tickets were the plastic RFID cards and can be registered for use on the new Fastpass+ system.

we just got our tickets from them last week and they were RFID

excuse my ignorance but why would you have to stop at TTC??? (sorry I'm not a disney frequent flyer although I would love to be )

I mentioned the TTC only as one possible place to convert older-style tickets to RFID. As I understand it, all park entrances have been converted to the RFID scanning system for guest admittance. Other posters pointed out that any ticket window or GR office will do the conversion; I routinely visit MK first, so the TTC works best for me. (For some reason, I always see a long line at MK's Guest Relations window just outside the main gate, so I've never done any business there.)

I mentioned the TTC only as one possible place to convert older-style tickets to RFID. As I understand it, all park entrances have been converted to the RFID scanning system for guest admittance. Other posters pointed out that any ticket window or GR office will do the conversion; I routinely visit MK first, so the TTC works best for me. (For some reason, I always see a long line at MK's Guest Relations window just outside the main gate, so I've never done any business there.)

Will you be staying offsite and not using the Magicbands? On our last visit a month ago we had UCT tickets and half linked to our MDE account easily and half would not link at all even through help of Disney and UCT IT personnel. We had to wait until onsite to get that half linked up.

Will you be staying offsite and not using the Magicbands? On our last visit a month ago we had UCT tickets and half linked to our MDE account easily and half would not link at all even through help of Disney and UCT IT personnel. We had to wait until onsite to get that half linked up.

I have been offsite for several years now. In the past, I'd get these 40%-off deals which I used a couple of times for stays at the Pop. The Pop was great, and I'd definitely love to stay there again. But something tells me that the 40% deal has gone the way of Fastpass-classic. :sad1:

In any case, I am not keen on the idea of wearing an electronic tracking thing all day. I might even store my RFID ticket in some kind of signal-blocking container while I'm there. Fight the power! ;)

I have been offsite for several years now. In the past, I'd get these 40%-off deals which I used a couple of times for stays at the Pop. The Pop was great, and I'd definitely love to stay there again. But something tells me that the 40% deal has gone the way of Fastpass-classic. :sad1:

In any case, I am not keen on the idea of wearing an electronic tracking thing all day. I might even store my RFID ticket in some kind of signal-blocking container while I'm there. Fight the power! ;)

I understand your position on the bands. I will say though that having some major Fast Passes locked in before even getting to the parks is pretty cool. No further need to compete in the mad scramble of rope drop. Plus at that time we still had the availability of FP using our RFID tickets also. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter