Underactive Thyroid

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
I went to the dr's yesterday and found out that I have an underactive thyroid but only by a little, but even if it's off just by a tiny bit can that still cause depression and lack of concentration?

Yes, my mom and I both have that. Right now my levels are in the mid-normal range. But hers is low normal and she feels extreme fatigue and is in medication.

I was diagnosed 2 months ago, and have been on synthroid since. I thought my tiredness and depression was from having 2 toddlers. Now after 2 months of meds I have more energy and my level of depression is way less. My TSH level was moderately high, nothing extreme like I have seen some others dealing with. Any change can cause a reaction in your body.

Have your vitamin d level checked. I have no thyroid so I see my endo regularly. A couple years ago she checked my vitamin d. It helped a lot. Also only go name brand on the synthroid no generic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter