Under the Sea?

suzyqqq27

Mouseketeer
Is the new Little Mermaid "Under the Sea" dark ride worthy of using a Fast Pass + reservation? We rode it only once during the soft opening and it was late at night so not too crowded. It is a must see for my daughter this year but I don't see it listed on UT's app for wait times to monitor it.

What have the wait times been like for this ride? I consider 30 mins or over worthy of a reservation. We are going to be there the first week in October.

Let me know if you know,
S.

I would say that even though it is new, it is not as crowded as some other Fantasy land rides. The top rides for FP+ are: Big Thunder, Splash, Peter Pan, Space, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Mermaid, POTC. In roundabouts that order too I believe. The top 4 I know are in the right order. Mermaid gets lower FP+ usage than Pooh and Peter Pan and even HM. I would use your FP+ for the higher demand rides and just ride mermaid early on.

Okay - thanks for the input. I really wanted to use it so the kids could meet Ariel in her Grotto but it says it's being refurbished during our stay. How can that be? They just built the darn thing.

I will switch it to Peter Pan's Flight I think.

Thanks for the input,
S.

The grotto is entirely separated from the ride anyways so FP+ wouldn't help ya there. Same building, but a seperate queue.

Okay - thanks for the input. I really wanted to use it so the kids could meet Ariel in her Grotto but it says it's being refurbished during our stay. How can that be? They just built the darn thing.

I will switch it to Peter Pan's Flight I think.

Thanks for the input,
S.

Yes, definitely do that! When we were walking onto Ariel, PP had waits of up to 60 minutes!

They are actually 2 different Fast Pass + picks. I meant that I wanted to use it for Ariel in the Grotto but it says it's being refurbished so I was going to use it for the ride as Ariel is my daughter's favourite. I did realize that they were two separate areas. I won't however bother with the ride though if it's a 5 to 10 minute wait at most.

Thanks,
S.

Is the new Little Mermaid "Under the Sea" dark ride worthy of using a Fast Pass + reservation? We rode it only once during the soft opening and it was late at night so not too crowded. It is a must see for my daughter this year but I don't see it listed on UT's app for wait times to monitor it.

What have the wait times been like for this ride? I consider 30 mins or over worthy of a reservation. We are going to be there the first week in October.

Let me know if you know,
S.

See the link in my signature for my recommended FP+ attraction priorities.

Are you going to be there at RD or not?

If you are this is how I would do it: FP+ (if you can) ETWB, ride PP, meet Ariel, ride Little Mermaid, ride Winnie the Pooh, use FP+ for ETWB (or something like that). Or FP+ PP, See ETWB first thing, meet Ariel, ride Little Mermaid, ride Winnie the Pooh, use FP+ for Peter Pan.

Let me know if you know,
S.

The current wait time on the Disney app is 20 minutes and that is at 1:25 in the afternoon when I would expect the longest lines.

They are actually 2 different Fast Pass + picks. I meant that I wanted to use it for Ariel in the Grotto but it says it's being refurbished so I was going to use it for the ride as Ariel is my daughter's favourite. I did realize that they were two separate areas. I won't however bother with the ride though if it's a 5 to 10 minute wait at most.

Thanks,
S.

Where are you reading that Ariel's Grotto is being refurbished? It's not listed on any of the refurbishment sites that I know of.

Let me know if you know,
S.

Easywdw.com has it listed on their waittimes page. Right now, the wait is 20 minutes.
http://www.easywdw.com/waits/

Where are you reading that Ariel's Grotto is being refurbished? It's not listed on any of the refurbishment sites that I know of.

An apparently consistent glitch in the FP+ reservation system--I've read about it for the last week or two. It goes against all other reliable sources of info that have no mention of a refurb.

Okay - thanks for the input. I will switch it to Peter Pan's Flight I think.

Thanks for the input,
S.

Peter Pan is closed under refurbishment the entire month of October. :sad1: We almost moved our trip over that one.

Is the new Little Mermaid "Under the Sea" dark ride worthy of using a Fast Pass + reservation?

In the new Disney FP+ world, EVERY attraction is worthy of an FP+ reservation. The sooner you come to agree with that, the happier you'll be.

That's why I set one of my FP+ choices to the Enchanted Tiki Room! I can't believe that one didn't run out.

Next up: Stitches Great Escape. I surely hope that one is free for my time...

Less seriously- uh, I mean more seriously - I agree with the other folks. No need to FP/FP+/QuickDraw++ the Mermaid ride. In October I don't see that one more than 20 minutes, tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter