Under-3s at Akershus for dinner? Anyone do this recently?

TinkerMarie

Earning My Ears
How are under-3s handled here? I assume they are welcome to eat from the buffet and share desserts just like anywhere else with buffet or family-style, but what about the entree portion? Will a 2yo and 1yo be offered a free kids entree, will we be charged extra, or are they expected to share with me?

I don't mind paying, I just want to know how to budget and what to expect.

I see some conflicting reports ... some people say they're offered a free entree every time they go, others say that of course you pay!

We have been twice with under 3s ~ they ate from the buffet and off of my (or DH and/or sisters plate). You can order her something from the kids menu, but you'll be charged for it. The only place we have ever had a meal brought for our under 3 at no charge (besides a buffet) is at CRT.

Took my 2 year old on 12/9. They told us that she was welcome to share our plate, if that was what we wanted, but she was also welcome to order her own meal off of the children's menu free of charge. True to their word, we were not charged for her salmon plate.

For the record, it was the same way at Garden Grill.

Took my 2 year old on 12/9. They told us that she was welcome to share our plate, if that was what we wanted, but she was also welcome to order her own meal off of the children's menu free of charge. True to their word, we were not charged for her salmon plate.

For the record, it was the same way at Garden Grill.

That is great!! We have been on 3 trips with an under 3 and never been told that (except at CRT). Wish I had known!!!

Our 2.5 y/o experience was in 2008, but may still apply. We had dining and used our 2 ts for dinner. DD was supposed to eat from our plates but the CM offered her anything from the kid's menu. Super nice and allowed us to freely order what we wanted.

Not sure if this is a routine practice or a little "pixie dust"!

In any event, she loved it then and again when she was 5.

We have eaten there twice with an under 3 and never been charged for a full plate for her. I even questioned our waitress the first time, but it was totally free.

So majority here says free entree ... I'll be sure to at least ask. The worst they can say is no, right?

We ate there on our last trip but back in May 2010, with one child who was turning 1 on the trip and one who would turn 3 the month after our trip. The kids were given their own meals there and we were not charged. They also ate free from their own plate at ohana, crystal palace, and chef mickeys. We only paid for them at places like san angel inn where we ordered them their own kids meal. We were on the dining plan btw.

We just ate there in Oct of this year and no they didn't charge for the pizza my 10 mos ate off of the menu.

Yes, to add to the others, we've been at least 4 times with little ones under 3 and each time have been offered a free child's entree. Expect that the buffet and sharing should work (it's plenty of food!), but we've always been extra happy with their kindness!

We had lunch (not dinner) there in May and the almost 3 year old ate from the buffet and got her own plate (pizza), drink, and cookie free of charge.

I did not know this! I hope they are still doing this in May or else we are going to end up paying OOP for DD at dinner.

We weren't offered anything at CRT in October though and I've read on the DIS that the free buttered noodles were not being given to kids under 3 anymore.

We have been many times and usually my kids split a pizza but they can eat off the appetizer buffet and get a drink but not an entree at least from what I recall and we have been 4 times with an under 3. Worth it though!

EDIT: maybe we were offered something but turned it down since they always shared the pizza.

We were also given a free meal (from the kids' menu) for my son who was 2.5 at the time. That makes Akershus an even better deal if you have little kids. This was 2011. Hopefully still the case.

I did not know this! I hope they are still doing this in May or else we are going to end up paying OOP for DD at dinner.

We weren't offered anything at CRT in October though and I've read on the DIS that the free buttered noodles were not being given to kids under 3 anymore.

Liberty Tree Tavern charged us $5 for buttered noodles for my 13mo ds a few weeks ago. I was surprised since I had always heard they were free but wasn't going to argue ove $5. He doesn't really care for them anyway, so I didn't bother with them anywhere else.

No place gave us a free child's entree for ds, if it wasn't a buffet or family style we were charged. He eats his own meal so I ordered one for him, he doesn't just want a few bites of mine. Oh well, we did several buffets/family style so it wasn't that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter