Under 3 in Parks

lubee12

Lubee12
I was wondering if anyone knew how they tell they are under 3? Do you have to bring there birth certs to get into the park? We are buying the hopper tickets but have a boy who will be 2 and 10 months and a girl who will be 1 and 6 months.

Good question......I went with kids under 3 and never was questioned by any cast member about their ages. I don't think there will be an issue with the kids, just my thoughts.

we were just there in November...while there my nephew turned 3 but no one ever asked us his age nor did we have to show proof of his bday!

thanks for the info...we're going to be in the same situation when we go in May!!!

DD turns three today! We took her late Sept and no one asked her age.

Thanks so much. I figured that they wouldn't but you never know since it means getting in for free or having to pay.:)

They might ask her if she is tall or seems older but they will not question her or your answer. If you are worried in the least, make a reduced size copy of her birth certificate and stick it in your wallet. That is what we did when DS was 9. He and we were asked his age at buffets ( child vs adult price) but never needed to prove anything.

My DH & I just took our DS for his 1st trip last month. He is 2 but he's a big boy and talks pretty well, so he could easily pass for 3. But no one ever asked. I was worried about the same thing before we left, but it was never an issue.

I was specifically told by a CM that Disney will NEVER ask a child's age, no matter how old the child looks.
But I do think they also assume people will be pretty honest.

Well playjar I've seen a CM ask a child their age, the child was obviously over 3 and his brother was close to if not 3. The family pretended they didn't speak English but when we got inside they were speaking it fine, no accents or anything. The CM told them that next time they needed a ticket for the older child.

OP that's the only time I've seen that happen and that child was absolutely over 3, in fact I overheard the parents say "I guess we can't do that again, good thing we told him to not answer if the ticket takers asked him that question".....so he was over 3 for sure. I'm sure you won't have any problems but if you feel better making a copy of his birth certificate would be fine. :)

We took DD a month before she turned 3. I carried a copy of her birth certificate because she's off the charts tall, and very verbal. I had one CM give me a look but nobody said anything. I felt better knowing I had her BC with me.

I know when I took my daughter when she was 2 they never asked to see anything to prove it but she was a normal sized child.

I'm kinda curious how things will go down when my Niece takes her daughter. She is not even 2 yet and already she is the size of a 4 year old on the charts (her dad is 6'5" and 300 pounds). even if they can't ask for proof I'm pretty sure the CMs are going to think they are trying to pull a fast one :rotfl:

I ALWAYS wondered about that when my son was 2 years old. He's VERY tall for his age...taller than or as tall as most 4 and 5 year olds we've seen in our area. When we vacationed in Atlanta December of 09 when he turned 2, I took a copy of his birth certificate because one place we went had special prices for children 3 and under. He was in his stroller so I was never questioned. If you looked at him now you would go...whoa! He's HOW old??!! :faint: ;) I measured him last week to see if he meets the 40 inch requirement for SPLASH...he's 41 1/2 inches now. (the little fro he's got going on...helps a bit with that :blush: ) :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter