Unclaimed Property

pmdeve

DIS Veteran
Has anyone every put in a claim for Unclaimed $ from their state. I just looked on my state's treasury department and found my name. Is this legit?

Yup. I search this periodically when I get bored. I have found over 5,000 for various friends and family members, including myself and my DH.

Yes, it is. I found $200 for my mother-in-law then helped her fill out the forms to claim it.

Also, I use to work for a mortgage insurance company and I filed the state forms annually to report checks we had written and were never cashed as unclaimed property. You would not believe the $$$ just our company alone reported.

As long as it's on the state webpage, absolutely. (Some crazy scheme place telling you you need to pay $X to claim- bogus. Your money = free to claim!)

We've showed up on it twice- forgotten savings account and then Upromise we never use anymore. :thumbsup2

I found my friends dad and her sister on our state's site. They both got over thousand dollars. So worth it!

YES!!!! I got $6,000. My husband got $2,000. It was great because he was unemployed at the time and it was a blessing. :worship: The only thing you pay out of pocket is to have the form notarized. If you know some one that is a notary will pay very little to nothing.

Yes, it's legit! My FIL is a doctor who retired and moved to the Philippines about 10 years ago. Last year we found out about that website and checked our name. Well, his name came up. It turned out he didn't cash in all his money sources before he left, and he had 3 big checks sent to him(about $18,000 total!!!) after filing the form.

Check your name, you never know.

I found myself once. It was only $72 but it was $72 that I didn't have before.

As others have said, be sure you are on your state's webpage. There should be no money required to file the paperwork.

I have found money for family and friends. Found my name once, which was a leftover stock dividend. No idea why the company didn't just mail it to us. We hadn't moved. I had to send photocopy of our ID's and SS card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter