Unbelievably BAD rooms and stay at Yacht Club......LONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said anything about disney doing us a favor.

What serial compers are doing is similar to a person who buys a dress, wears it while hiding the tag, and then returning it after they used it.

You go several times (or even once) and have a bad experience and get a comp...no problem. If you keep going and keep finding problems that you want comps for, you are using the dress and then returning it. You need to lower your expectations and then decide if it is worth the money you are charged. Either keep the dress or don't buy it.

How much lower do you have to go then Mold at a hotel? Seriously....

If you think that was bad then you definitely don't want to hear some of my stories! :rotfl:

Honestly, a few simple things could have been done to ease your mind right away. #1 - When you call from your in-room phone you don't get the front desk, it is a call center in another city. They have no idea what you're talking about. #2 - Luggage being delivered to your first room was related to you refusing the room you were assigned, a decision you made on your own. So I wouldn't blame bell services for that. When you arrived at the second room you should have immediately called the bell desk to tell them you had a new room so they would know where to bring the luggage. Those poor guys are running around sweating and working like dogs, they can't be mind readers too. After 15 minutes or so the first thing that would have popped in my mind was that my luggage was in my assigned room. #3 - Those calls from Magical Express come no matter what. I do split stays almost every single time I go to WDW and they always call me and leave an envelope on the door the day I switch reservations, every single time. All you had to do was throw it in the trash and delete the message. #4 - The broken knob was a maintenance issue, any time you have something like that pick up the phone and push the housekeeping/maintenance button. They will put you on the schedule. Obviously a missing knob isn't going to rank as important as rooms where the A/C won't come on or a room (like I had 2 years ago) where the toilet water was leaking continuously and running out on the floor everywhere. They deal with issues in order of importance. Patience was all that was needed there. #5 - Trash outside on or near the patio accumulates daily I'm sure, heck probably hourly. I have seen people put down empty beer bottles and drinks walking back from Epcot, the mousekeepers can't stand vigil outside your room watching for every person who throws down a scrap of paper. #6 - Paying the taxes on the complementary room makes perfect sense to me. The same goes for free flights, you always have to pay the tax. Heck if you win a car on The Price is Right you'll still have to pay the taxes. I'm actually surprised they waived that, I doubt any other hotel besides Disney would have.

I never said anything about disney doing us a favor.

What serial compers are doing is similar to a person who buys a dress, wears it while hiding the tag, and then returning it after they used it.

You go several times (or even once) and have a bad experience and get a comp...no problem. If you keep going and keep finding problems that you want comps for, you are using the dress and then returning it. You need to lower your expectations and then decide if it is worth the money you are charged. Either keep the dress or don't buy it.

that is not the same thing at all. if you go to a store and buy this dress you speak of and after getting it home(because you pay for your disney trip BEFORE you see the goods so to say) find out its damaged and get a discount on it because of it or you get a store credit its because both customer and store/disney are saying "you didn't get what you paid for so we're going to make you whole". no matter how many times this happens the customer is not scamming anyone.

the "hiding the tag" scenario is more like someone going to disney and there being no issues with the room/stay yet the guest makes something up in order to get a discount. thats a "scam". continuing to visit disney world after experiencing several disappointments in certain areas and being comped for it is not a scam.

If you think that was bad then you definitely don't want to hear some of my stories! :rotfl:

Honestly, a few simple things could have been done to ease your mind right away. #1 - When you call from your in-room phone you don't get the front desk, it is a call center in another city. They have no idea what you're talking about. #2 - Luggage being delivered to your first room was related to you refusing the room you were assigned, a decision you made on your own. So I wouldn't blame bell services for that. When you arrived at the second room you should have immediately called the bell desk to tell them you had a new room so they would know where to bring the luggage. Those poor guys are running around sweating and working like dogs, they can't be mind readers too. After 15 minutes or so the first thing that would have popped in my mind was that my luggage was in my assigned room. #3 - Those calls from Magical Express come no matter what. I do split stays almost every single time I go to WDW and they always call me and leave an envelope on the door the day I switch reservations, every single time. All you had to do was throw it in the trash and delete the message. #4 - The broken knob was a maintenance issue, any time you have something like that pick up the phone and push the housekeeping/maintenance button. They will put you on the schedule. Obviously a missing knob isn't going to rank as important as rooms where the A/C won't come on or a room (like I had 2 years ago) where the toilet water was leaking continuously and running out on the floor everywhere. They deal with issues in order of importance. Patience was all that was needed there. #5 - Trash outside on or near the patio accumulates daily I'm sure, heck probably hourly. I have seen people put down empty beer bottles and drinks walking back from Epcot, the mousekeepers can't stand vigil outside your room watching for every person who throws down a scrap of paper. #6 - Paying the taxes on the complementary room makes perfect sense to me. The same goes for free flights, you always have to pay the tax. Heck if you win a car on The Price is Right you'll still have to pay the taxes. I'm actually surprised they waived that, I doubt any other hotel besides Disney would have.

I like how you left out the issue of the visible mold in the ceilings. LOL
Disney was very lucky that the Op didn't file a complaint with the Florida Division of Hotels or OHSA. Mold is serious.

the "hiding the tag" scenario is more like someone going to disney and there being no issues with the room/stay yet the guest makes something up in order to get a discount. thats a "scam".

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner!

The OP makes a point to mention several times that they paid $420 a night for the room. 420 is a euphemism for something else. Makes me thing the OP's whole post is bogus.

When we have had room service, the delivery staff specifically told us to call on the phone if we needed the tray picked up (I can't recall if we called back to the room service number or housekeeping). I don't think in the hall is the policy. You can call or leave them in your room until housekeeping comes the following day.

When we left plates in the room for housekeeping, they either ignored them or moved them floor in the hall. Never just removed them.

How much lower do you have to go then Mold at a hotel? Seriously....

You're only worthy of a comp if you see bedbugs pool-hopping and carrying 2003 refillable mugs.

great post!:thumbsup2

Thank you.

How many times have you been comped? Seriously, if you have had more than one or two instances that have been so bad you feel you need to be comped for it, you really should stop going. Its not up to your standards. If you keep going back and getting comped, its more of a scam.

That's none of your business, but enough times that it hasn't bothered Disney. They may even...comp me again if I have another bad stay. Unfortunately for you, I will continue to go to Disney. You know nothing about me or my standards (but yes, clearly they are higher than yours). Who knew that paying for a hotel room, having multiple issues with the room and then being upgraded is just like stealing money from little old ladies, or stuffing your bra with mall merchandise or luring someone into a pyramid scheme.

Totally understand being too embarrassed to say.

Embarrassed? More like, it's none of your business, which I clearly stated. If I was embarrassed I would never mention it. But I totally understand being too ignorant to see the difference between a comp and a scam.

Totally understand being too embarrassed to say.

I think you are very confused as to what a comp is and why a person would get one. otherwise you really wouldn't be concerned with how many comps anyone has gotten. someone having been comped says way more about disney then it does about the person receiving the comp.

this is really absurd. yes.....its a huge problem in this country that large corporations like disney are being robbed and scammed by their customers/guests/clients. so i can totally see where you developed this conspiracy theory.

once when we rented a cabana at the Polynesian several of the amenities were not working and although we requested they be repaired they never were. I told the club level concierge about it and was given a full refund and offered a free day in addition. I can't wait to pull my next scam. I probably should have kept my mouth shut. after all I was at OMG DISNEY! how many comps am i entitled to when disney screws up before i have to shut my mouth or else i'm scamming them?

:rolleyes2

That's none of your business, but enough times that it hasn't bothered Disney. They may even...comp me again if I have another bad stay. Unfortunately for you, I will continue to go to Disney. You know nothing about me or my standards (but yes, clearly they are higher than yours). Who knew that paying for a hotel room, having multiple issues with the room and then being upgraded is just like stealing money from little old ladies, or stuffing your bra with mall merchandise or luring someone into a pyramid scheme.

exactly!

I like how you left out the issue of the visible mold in the ceilings. LOL
Disney was very lucky that the Op didn't file a complaint with the Florida Division of Hotels or OHSA. Mold is serious.

The OP couldn't be bothered to bring it to the attention of the hotel staff while they were there. You know, when they could have had it immediately taken care of. But for some reason it was much more productive to take pictures of it, and post about it on a Disney message board.

If the OP had enough time on their hands to run around taking tons of pics because they were so outraged by everything, they had enough time to complain about more than a busted knob. But they didn't. Which is what makes this whole thing seem less like valid complaining and more like building up to ask for more free days at WDW.

For all the people that realize how hard Disney tries and how much we enjoy being there, I feel it is time to move away from this thread. There will always be negative, unreasonable people. I feel a problem is best taken care of in a professional and private way. Disney doesn't start the day thinking of how they can ruin someone's trip. They deal in numbers hard to comprehend with people that treat Disney properties in ways that some of us would never dream of. Time to move forward. If you don't like Disney move on. I want to hear from those that are trying to help others maximize their experience!

1) The OP got 2-days of comp'd rooms from WL.
2) I have a feeling they are shooting for the same thing from BC/YC.
3) I would be surprised if they are not now on The Mooch List. *

* WDW keeps track (property-wide) of folks who get frequent or large comp's.
These are kept in a Mooch List computer file accessible from any resort, park
or eatery. The idea is to NOT keep giving comp's to folks looking for more and
more freebies. I would bet that the OP complained to BC/YC and was not
given more comp's for the listed complaints.

1) The OP got 2-days of comp'd rooms from WL.
2) I have a feeling they are shooting for the same thing from BC/YC.
3) I would be surprised if they are not now on The Mooch List. *

* WDW keeps track (property-wide) of folks who get frequent or large comp's.
These are kept in a Mooch List computer file accessible from any resort, park
or eatery. The idea is to NOT keep giving comp's to folks looking for more and
more freebies. I would bet that the OP complained to BC/YC and was not
given more comp's for the listed complaints.

First of all, I love the name The Mooch List! Why would someone be on the list for frequent comps? Wouldn't the list keep them from getting frequent comps? I believe you about the list, but I'm curious how it would work.

I've been one of those suits numerous times. I've been a normal tourist more times than that. I would NEVER think to complain about people there that are so invisible. A business traveler isn't running over you with a stroller (yep, happened to me, they took me down and I had I to spend some time at First Aid to clean up my scrapes from the concrete - I wasn't really hurt, just eaten alive by the concrete), doesn't have screaming unattended children (kids will screa, its the parents that don't seem bothered by it that annoy me), goes to bed early since they have early meetings, basically when I'm not on business I love to be around business guys. You'll get a good nights sleep, etc. I assure you that they are paying a premium for their stays, so maybe it would be wise for WDW to get rid of the complaining customers and not their high paying, room service eating business clients. Just saying.

Seriously, OP, its clear the type of person you are...go to Vegas/NYC/London/Bruseels and try this tactic, see where it gets you. Oh that's right, you're going to WDW because they will listen to such nonsense.

This post is not brought to you by a WDW apologist either, I just happen to see people like this trying to get something for nothing from lots of hotels because I travel a ton of work. It rarely works outside of WDW.

After reading most of the responses, I can't believe how perspective has gone out the window. Giving comps to guests (no matter how many times a single guest gets them) is like a grain of sand on the beach to Disney. A couple of free nights in a hotel room, is that really going to bankrupt Disney? Even if comps. and other perks for problems guests experience are given daily to hundreds of people it would hardly make a dent in their profits (if at all).
Especially, if there are available rooms that are not being used.

l. I'm just curious, did the OP say he did not discuss the mold problem with the hotel?

2. Regarding lines at attractions, I, too, get tired of the amount of time spent waiting for rides, etc. What's wrong with OP indicating his frustration? Last year at AK the lines were so horrendous to enter the park, we left.

3. If you do get a comp or upgrade once, should you not complain if there are problems on subsequent visits because you don't want to be on a Complainer list? I've been upgraded once due to a problem (didn't ask for an upgrade only another equal room) and I've switched rooms once (equal value) due to a problem.

4. I read somewhere on here that "why didn't OP pick up the litter if it bothered them"? Ew, really?

Another perspective.....when guests are given comps. for "free" nights at a resort, those guests are certainly going to eat, drink, maybe visit the parks again (basically, spend $) while there.

I think most reputable/service oriented establishments whether hotels or restaurants will do whatever it takes to make guests happy. I don't think Disney is the only place you see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter