Unbelievable treatment!

jlynne01

Mouseketeer
This is going to be a little rant so if you would rather not listen to someone grumbling this would be a good time to leave this thread.
Last year around the middle of October Disney updated their systems. Since then every time I have called to make reservations, change res, add to res, make meal plans (whatever I am calling for) they never have my information right.. In the last 3 year we have visited about 12 times so they have been hearing from us a lot. Each time I call I have to change at least one part of my information be it my Name (they have had people listed as head of our house that we don’t even know), our phone number, address and always even if everything else is correct our email. I bet you think this is what I am complaining about but really its not. We have gotten used to it and have excepted that for one reason or another they can get the system to except our information. I know that they do try to re-enter it and that it seems to reset itself the next day. Anyhow, this last time when I called the guy I was talking to said our information didn’t match and I tried to tell him the story and let him know that it would change back even if he changed it. He became irate with me and told me he could do it, he didn’t care what other people couldn’t get accomplished that he could do it. He demanded I give him my correct information so I began to give it to him but during the pauses I tried to let him know that everyone has tried to correct the problem even the people in guest services and that I really didn’t think this would work.. He then yelled at me and told me not to tell him how to do his job (I don’t think I was telling him how to do anything but). This was the final straw and I asked him if he could repeat his name and he refused and demanded my information. I had to ask him 4 times before he yelled again THIS IS ALEX, THE ONE AND ONLY AND DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH THAT NOW GIVE ME YOUR CORRECT PHONE NUMBER! So I asked him if I could talk with his supervisor and he tried to ignore that also but I continued to insist on speaking with a supervisor. Finally he said fine have a very magical day (but it was in a snotty tone) then he transferred me to not his supervisor but to one of the hotels front desk, I am sure he didn’t even attempt to get a supervisor and figured that would be that and I wouldn’t bother trying to call back.
Well I did call guest services who gave me the email to write guest communications and they assured me I would hear back from them. I have yet to hear back and I guess that is fine I just hope they did take care of the guy. I have been to Disney a lot of times so I know this is not the norm but could you imagine if I was a first timer and got in touch with this guy, What a magical start that would be huh?
Ok I’m done ranting guys, I just had to get that all off my chest lol
By the way, has anyone else had problems with your account since they updated? We have actually had them send us a 40% off coupon in the mail for another name, we called to tell them that the name was wrong and they asked for the names of all the people in our household and that person they sent the coupon to was actually listed in our household even though we dont have a clue how beacause they never lived with us and they had attached them to our household on accident. However even though we told them we would like to take advantage of the coupon anyhow they told us we couldnt because we had to have that last name. *sighs* I was very disappointed to say the least...

That's very interesting. Before the switch of systems, I always had fun calling. I'm always the one to make the reservations and my husband is always traveling with me. 98% of our trips are just the two of us. For about a year, everytime I would call, our information was correct but when I said it would be two adults, the Cast Member also assumed my daughter-in-law (who has been to Disney with us twice in our over fifty trips) would be joining me! The only thing I could think of is that since we all have the same last name, hers is the first one alphabetically. But that hasn't happened for a while.

Who knows what that guy's problem was that day. Have you called back to see if your information is now correct? If I get a Cast Member that sounds like they just rolled out of bed, I hang up and call again.

Sounds very frustrating....I wonder why this can't be straightened out.

Sounds very frustrating. I don't ever expect to hear back from Disney, so I don't really complain. I did once at DLCA. I wrote a very long complaint at Guest Relations.

The situation occured during the block party bash. The CM's failed to rope off or maintain a walkway for proplr coming from the hollywood area to the park exit. It was a mob scene, people pushing, CM's losing it...worst I have ever seen at Disney. I had my Senior Citizen mom and 2 kids. The kids were panicked. It was like a rock concert were people rush the stage and get trampled.

I was an AP at DL for 2 years and visited WDW forat least a week each time, over 17 times.

I never heard word back from Disney. :sad2:

In that situation, I would call and immediately ask for a supervisor, get the identifying info of the supervisor and specific call back information to check it again ina few days. Hold that particular CM accountable. IF you are not satisfied, go to the supervisor's manager.

The same thing has been happening to us. We have a grand gathering in Jan. and ever since we first started planning it(beg. of August) the information is always wrong. The names are wrong, the addresses are wrong, phone number numbers, etc. I also have corrected these things about a dozen times. I wonder what the problem is?

Thank goodness ours hasn't been that much misinformation in their system for us. My only problem is that they have the wrong phone number and every time they try to correct it, it just reverts back to the old number. :confused:

Sorry about the rude guy on the phone. Ho0pefully he was just having an off day.

Me too! We moved in June. I've called a few times since then to check on codes, etc. They always ask me to verify my info, tell me my phone number isn't right, I give them my old number, they verify it, then ask for my new number to "change" it in the system! Then the next time I call they do it all over again! I called this morning to check on the new ZUF codes (not nearly as good as the original code by the way), and I had to go through the same song and dance again!

It sounds like their IT people need to spend a few days sitting with the reservations people. After working in IT for 30 years, I can imagine how frustrating this must be for the folks in reservations. I'm sure they have told the IT people about the problems, but that doesn't mean that anything gets done about it. It often takes an IT person to sit and witness the problem before it gets resolved.

I'm not excusing the CM who gave the OP grief, but I do know that Disney reservations is a very stressful position. I know a woman who was literally chewing the skin off her hands due to nerves. She finally had to give up her job in reservations. Their quota system is over the top.

Well it sounds like a problem a lot of people are having...
I am very upset that the 40% promotional discount that came to our house was under the name of someone we took with us years ago (paid for the entire trip for them and their family) and they didnt fall in love with Disney like we did and do not ever plan on returning. Pretty sad that we couldnt use the discount considering we did all the reservations, paid for everything and it even came to our house.. No clue why they had them listed in our household though because every time we have taken others with us (and we do often) they request the address of each person if they dont live with us..
Ah well, hopefully they will get this figured out one day... I just hope I dont get another offer like that for someone who isnt even in our household 40% off our room would have been really nice...

I've tried to have my phone number changed many times, even contacting IT. It is still wrong and I can not access my reservation online. I don't know if they will ever get it correct.

It is very frustrating. I've been lucky & never had a truly rude person on the other end of the phone, but it does get old that they have to reenter ALL my information in the system every single time I call - even just to check on availability. And almost every time I made a ressie, I had to call back & correct the spelling of our name. One time they'd booked us as residents of Irving,TX.:confused3

For crying out loud... we have seven room ressies between October & December. Don't they know how my last name is spelled by now? You'd think they would have some kind of an account setting like most other hotels.

I have had this problem too! Fortunately, I have not had a rude CM though. I recently received a pin code to my email address but it was addressed to my dad!! I am almost 30 years old and yet we go together sometimes most of the time we visit the world separately. I have also had trouble with them getting the correct email address. I get emails to two different addresses now because I am tired of trying to correct it.

I really hope you do hear back from them, but don't count on it. There are still some very apparent kinks in the system!

Have any of you who have had trouble with misinformation updated your info on the Disney world web site? I believe its under 'my vacation'?

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Have any of you who have had trouble with misinformation updated your info on the Disney world web site? I believe its under 'my vacation'?

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I don't know about anyone else, but yes I have tried that and it still doesn't seem to keep the correct email address.

My info is all wrong in their system too. We often travel with extended family and I will handle most of the calling.

Anyway I called once a few weeks ago and they couldn't find my ressie with my name. I didn't have the ressie number handy at the time. Finally I found it and it was under my SIL's name. She traveled with us in December. My parents are listed in my home, as is my sister and her family. Its an incredible mess. I get mail for my sister. I also get mail for others as well.

Even stranger my mother got mail for my SIL sent to her house. It was just advertisment but still!

Every reservation we've had over the past 19 years going to WDW has gone smoothly...except this time. I think we have what we need...leaving on Thursday. Problems with getting names right, phone numbers, etc. In fact when I told the last CM that the phone number was wrong, she said she would have to start all over to correct it. So I said keep it. They've changed me to head of household. Dad wants to be that! Once again, couldn't change it. I think when we get back, I'll call just to straighten out our account. The main thing that concerns me is lack of paperwork. We made one reservation, paid 1/2 at the time and never got confirmation paperwork. Called back. Still didn't get it. Called back and where we originally wanted to stay was available. Changed. We're told we'd have papers in 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. Still no papers. Called back. Everything was in the system correctly. Said they'd send me an email in two hours. Several days later no email. Are they sending all this stuff to someone else? I checked addresses with them. All correct. Still a little nervous about heading down with now paperwork. Any one else have this trouble?

Same problem here. I have five people attached to my profile; only one has ever been with me. But every time I am asked if the others are coming with me (uh, no!)

The name of the only one who has actually travelled with me has her name spelled wrong in the system, and even on my solo trips her name appears on my reservation.

My phone and email are chronically incorrect too, no matter how many times they update them. I've had supervisors assure me that they are updating the information the 'correct' way (as if the regular CMs aren't doing it correctly?) and still the information remains incorrect.

I've given up

Me too, me too!! I was so frustrated this week, I had to change my info all four times I called in.

Yes, our info. is incorrect, and they have tried at least a dozen times to correct it and it defaults back to an old address in an entirely different state. In fact I meant to call today to see if it changed back again, purely out of curiosity. We book our package through a AAA TA so it really doesn't matter anyway, but we do book a one night room only on our travel day through Disney reservation. Nope, nobody can change it and make it stick, heck I told them to delete the account and start over, but they said they can't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter