Unbelievable -- Something will outrage us all

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the mom of a SN child, I am furious. I really like the policy at Disneyland Paris, you must show a letter from the Dr. and only two people are allowed. Not a line of guests. This just burns me up.:furious:

As Spock would say, "fascinating." I've long thought Disney needed to tighten the policy, say, no more than two people in addition to the disabled/special needs person. According to the article, the Post attempted to contact Disney with no response. I'd love to think Disney is mulling over options, but I'd guess they'll do nothing in order not to offend anyone.

P.S. No one ever waits two and a half hours for IT'S A SMALL WORLD as the article suggested. lol

It's people like this that spoil it for everyone else. Disney should limit the entrance to the handicapped person and only ONE other person to get to the "front of the line".

Also, the business that's providing this service should be banned from Disney for life!!

I fully agree the DISNEYLAND Paris has this in hand no more than 4 persons and we had to wait to the side until the person that would have been in front of us had boarded the ride...no head of the line, just a more convenient boarding area. My adult daughter broke her foot ankle the week before our trip and required a wheelchair.

I fully agree the DISNEYLAND Paris has this in hand no more than 4 persons and we had to wait to the side until the person that would have been in front of us had boarded the ride...no head of the line, just a more convenient boarding area. My adult daughter broke her foot ankle the week before our trip and required a wheelchair.

I totally agree, I use and ECV at Disney, I have bad knees and back. I have gone through the regular line with it when it was possible, and would have no problem with what you describe above. My family could wait in line and when they get to the front we could board together, just a more convenient boarding area.

Reading the NY Post article this morning infuriated me. But Karma will come around to the 100% idiots.

I don't understand how they got on the rides ahead of everyone else. I have a son who is seriously disabled and in a wheelchair. We have used the GAC before. It did not let us bypass everyone else in line. On haunted mansion for instance we were taken to a separate entrance but waited for a doom buggy just as if we were in line with everyone else. The entrance allowed for the doom buggy to stop and we could lift Dson from wheelchair to the doom buggy.
we never ever was able to board a ride ahead of others in line but waited our turn. Maybe waited in a separate area but waited non the less. Susan

My mom has really bad arthritis in her knees and has used a scooter or wheelchair on our last two trips. We were able to go through the regular queue for a good portion of the rides. And on two of the rides (IASM and BTMM), the wheelchair line took longer than the regular queue. Not sure this article makes sense to me.

This is not a DVC specific topic, so I am closing this thread. If you wish to continue the discussion, may I suggest the disABILITIES! board.

Just know that Disney itself offers similar VIP tour guides for the rich and famous, often used by celebrities, at about the same price that includes the same thing without saying they have a "handicapped" guide.

So IMO, this story is likely not 100% true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter