Umbrellas

MikoZuna

Earning My Ears
I have a question Disney Fans.
I am going to Disney the und of the month ( sept 26th thru Oct. 2nd) for My Honeymoon ( awwww...)
and we are trying to figure out if we should pack our Umbrellas? Does WDW let you in with them?
we havent been able to obtain any insight reguarding this matter from any fdaq's.
Please inform.
With much appreciation,

MikoooooZunaaaaa

What a good question. I don't remember seeing any but then I wasn't looking either. I think the majority of people wear rain ponchos because usually if it's gonna rain it's for 30 mins in the afternoon or maybe drizzle in the evenings. And the ponchos leave your hands free too.

Good luck,
Cheryl :bounce:

On our last trip we saw a few people with umbrellas. The majority of people wear the ponchos though. I think if you're more comfortable with an umbrella, take it!

I always carry a small ultra light weight umbrella in my belly pouch. I use it every time it rains because I find the ponchos too hot.

We bought two small travel umbrellas. They fit nicely in the bottom of our carry bag. So far we've never needed them but better safe than sorry. When you are Pooh size, those ponchos dont always cover well.

I have been looking into buying military issue ones, because of the size required by my big pooh Butt and Jelly Belly tummy! but i am concerned about how hot they are going to be!
Plus my umbrella makes a good walking stick!

If you have rain it hopefully it will only be a quick shower.

September and OCtober are not big rain times in Orlando.

We purchase rain ponchos at the dollar store before we go to Disney. They are cheap and the fit right in your waist pack.

Purchase a few for the trip and if you have to use them for a brief storm, toss them when its done.

Have fun.

Last March we thought we were responsible for the drought ending in Orlando. We didn't bring an umbrella but a CM at BWV gave us a large one to use the entire week. Which we did need occasionally. At times it was easier than the hot ponchos and DH used it as a walking stick. We had no problems bringing it along to various attractions I might pack a small umbrella during the known rainy season but otherwise probably not.

We always take a couple of the very lightweight, compact travel umbrellas and keep them in our backpack - just in case. I hate the feeling of rain beating down on my ponchoed head!

Okay, this is possibly the best advice I can give anyone going in September. We just got back from our trip the 8th thru the 15th, and it did rain for long periods of time every day mostly. (Don't let that scare you, and hopefully you won't get any rain at all.)

IF you absolutely HATE the idea of rain ponchos, yes, take an umbrella. Umbrellas were all over the parks this week, and thats even with the heightened security after the tragedy this past week.

HOWEVER, if ponchos don't bother you: break down and buy a set for you and your sweetie. On days when it rains, take a lightweight backpack, throw in a plastic bag to put wet things in, and take your flip flops or pool shoes. Once it starts raining, put on your poncho and switch to flip flops. Then off you go and you can travel without being miserable! I finally figured this out on Friday and walked around all day with the backpack, flip flops and poncho on, and it didn't bother me one bit.

Any way you go, have a fabulous honeymoon!

umbrella's are behind the counter at most disney shops! unless of course, it's actually raining, then you'll see quite the display of ponchos and umbrellas (umbrellas $10, ponchos $5) in the stores.
we learned this the hard way last week. i recommend the poncho over the umbrella.

REMINDER: UMBRELLAS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE FANTASMIC SHOW AT MGM! (guess where we bought the ponchos)

they are proibably considered a weapon now and you will get kicked off your flight...if they are taking pens and pencils away i wouldn't doubt it...wear the goofy ponchos

thanks everyone for the info on the Umbrellas, we'll definte bring one, now that we know it can get into the park! at least for the downpours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter