Umbrellas

debsters41

DIS Veteran
Ok, this won't be the hottest topic on the DIS this week, but for me it is necessary. I live in a part of the world where I don't really need an umbrella all that much, so a cheap one has got me by just fine. However, now I am coming Florida in August, and I want an umbrella that will not only get me through the summer, but that I will be able to use for years to come.

I would like to buy a quality, compact umbrella that will fit into a string backpack and can withstand some windy days.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! That looks great. Is this available at retail locations because I am coming in from overseas so I cannot order from Amazon.

We will have ponchos for the park, but I wanted a good umbrella for when outside the parks and also for years to come. I don't mind spending a bit more for something that is going to last me for a long time.

I have bought very expensive umbrellas and cheap umbrellas and none of them lasted a long time. I just buy cheap ones now and get a new one when they break.

Umbrellas aren't great for WDW, though. It's just too crowded.

Going to disagree with this statement. My family has found that umbrellas are the best option for us. Ponchos tend to be portable sweat houses, we end up almost as wet as we would be if we didn't wear one. Also, when it rains, a huge portion of guests at the parks head for cover and this makes moving from place to place very easy with an umbrella.

We prefer to carry micro-umbrellas similar to this. LINK

Thanks for your input everyone! What I really need now is to know where to buy these from because I cannot order on line.

Thanks again!

You can find umbrellas in a lot of different places. Department stores like JCPenny or Macy's will have them; grocery stores will stock them; Walmart/Target will have them; outdoor stores like REI will likely have them. Don't worry, you can find compact umbrellas when you get here.

Ok, I will keep my eye out for the umbrellas recommended on this thread at Macy's. Thanks all!

Love my umbrella.... not cheap.... but I wear out umbrellas before losing them.

I splurged on one of those lightweight aluminum auto closing models.

Oh look, VS now carries umbrellas too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter