umbrella stroller on airplane

ldmarcot

Earning My Ears
Can I bring an umbrella stroller as a carry on? Can I still bring a diaper bag? I am flying Airtran.
Thanks!

I flew AirTran in June. Unless something has changed-check their website- you can have a carryon and a personal item for each paid seat. I had two carryons and wasn't questioned.

Last time I brought an umbrella stroller, I had to check it, but was able to bring the diaper bag on board with me

We rolled our umbrella stroller right up to the airplane door. The checked it , and it was waiting right outside the plane for us when we landed in Orlando. We were still able to take a carry on per person plus the diaper bag.

My daughter sat in her umbrella stroller right to the plane door as well. She got out, I folded it and set it there, when we got off the plane in Ft Lauderdale (detour to visit inlaws) it was set up and waiting for her to climb in.

I did the same when boarding in Orlando, but upon deplaning at Newark, the stroller was still closed in a pile with other strollers. I guess because there are so many strollers gate checked in Orlando, it would take a while to set them all up.

We had 5 people in our family flying. On our flight down we had 4 carryons, three backpacks and a car seat. On our return flight we had 5 carryons, 4 backpacks and a car seat. Both times I gate checked the stroller (leaving it at the plane door with a tag on it the boarding agent gave me when checking our boarding passes).

HTH!

As others have mentioned, just tell them you want to check it at the gate. The attendant at the gate should give you a tag to put on the stroller. When you get to the end of the gangway, folder the stroller and put it by the maintenance door. When you get to MCO they will pull the stroller and bring it back to the gangway. You may have to wait a few minutes for them to get it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter