Um, Where's the Ice?! - A July 2012 European and DLRP Adventure*UPDATE 12/15 Pg.29*

Oooh, oooh, another installment :cheer2:

Yoho yoho a pirate:'s life for me. Arrgghh....not so PC pirates...go figure :rotfl: In WDW the only chasing is the wife with the broom right? Though there is the sale of the wenches...."we want's the redhead".

I'm just in awe of Phantom Manor, great theming. I'm with you on Tokyo Disney. I've been near Tokyo twice and I've not been able to go. I'm sad about that now, I should have got there somehow.

Wonder that is happening with Indiana Jones - does anyone know?

Oooh, oooh, another installment :cheer2:

Yoho yoho a pirate:'s life for me. Arrgghh....not so PC pirates...go figure :rotfl: In WDW the only chasing is the wife with the broom right? Though there is the sale of the wenches...."we want's the redhead".

I'm just in awe of Phantom Manor, great theming. I'm with you on Tokyo Disney. I've been near Tokyo twice and I've not been able to go. I'm sad about that now, I should have got there somehow.

Wonder that is happening with Indiana Jones - does anyone know?

You are right, there is always the "we want's the redhead!". And generally the sale of wenches. :rotfl2:

Tokyo is my next dream trip. I've wanted to go to the city itself for the longest time, and there's no way I could go out there and NOT go to Disney. What kind of fan would I be.

I tried to find information online and couldn't find anything on Indiana Jones, so I think that it was just closed for a standard refurb.

I am just loving looking at your pictures and taking it all in! I love the differences but hate they are so far away! :crazy2: It all sounds so fun! I like it when people enjoy the rides (like in the stretching room) but too many people are uptight! :snooty:

I am just loving looking at your pictures and taking it all in! I love the differences but hate they are so far away! :crazy2: It all sounds so fun! I like it when people enjoy the rides (like in the stretching room) but too many people are uptight! :snooty:

I know, I wish I could visit more often, but man the price of an airline ticket is definitely enough to dissuade people from going. LOL.

I love it when people enjoy rides too! Not when they're all stuck up. :crazy2:

Day 1 June 30, 2012

We enter the stretching room, and it was hysterical! When it reached the part where you have to look up at the ceiling and it goes pitch black, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE!) in the room screamed at the top of their lungs for the longest time. I've never seen that in WDW. Never in my life. And I will honestly tell you that when we went on Phantom Manor again later in the trip, it happened again. Man, they're fun here!

International Travel Tip #25 - Europeans are very boisterous and they really have no shame in being loud. Go with it....it's fun.

Up next: Let's do some shopping at DLRP!

Hey are you saying that I am Boisterous......:lmao:

LOVING your DLP photos !!! Looking forward to more !! So fun seeing this !!

I'm glad you like the pictures. When I went back, I thought I took so many (and I did take a lot), but I was like, "man, there aren't as many as I thought there were!"

Your pictures are so awesome! It looks so incredible there!!!

Oh I love some non PC pirates, makes them true pirates doesn't it?
Didn't there used to be a naked girl in the Johnny Depp barrel?
(not sure if that sentence even made sense but I'm not sure how else to say it)

Haunted Mansion looks sounds amazing there! I love comparing the differences in standard Disney rides.
I love how excitable people can be in Europe! Like almost every internal flight we were on people hollered and cheered when we landed.
However that could have also had to do with the budget airlines we chose...

The food packaging is adorable!

Your pictures are so awesome! It looks so incredible there!!!

Oh I love some non PC pirates, makes them true pirates doesn't it?
Didn't there used to be a naked girl in the Johnny Depp barrel?
(not sure if that sentence even made sense but I'm not sure how else to say it)

Haunted Mansion looks sounds amazing there! I love comparing the differences in standard Disney rides.
I love how excitable people can be in Europe! Like almost every internal flight we were on people hollered and cheered when we landed.
However that could have also had to do with the budget airlines we chose...

The food packaging is adorable!

The park is incredible. I absolutely love it there.

There is a girl in the Johnny Depp barrel, just not a naked one. At least I don' think.....:lmao:

Hmmm, I'm wondering if that budget airline did have anything to do with their reaction.

I'm all caught up, I love this TR because I'm so fascinated with Europe and Disneyland Paris, I really have to go there someday!

Finn is too cute! And I love the breakfast they eat in Europe...I mean, I love good old American omelets and bacon and all that, but bread and cheese and everything seems so much simpler and healthier, in a way. :thumbsup2

OMG driving to Disneyland Paris again, is so fascinating to me! Just crossing over the border into another country is like something out of a fairytale! princess:

I love your DLP pics so far, it looks like a beautiful place! Although I'm not a fan of that New York City section, was that in the hotel? With the big Yankees thing on the floor? Ugh. I'd be so annoyed if I went all the way to FRANCE and had to have the Yankees in my face (I'm a Red Sox fan, in case you didn't realize that yet! :upsidedow)! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more!

I'm all caught up, I love this TR because I'm so fascinated with Europe and Disneyland Paris, I really have to go there someday!

Finn is too cute! And I love the breakfast they eat in Europe...I mean, I love good old American omelets and bacon and all that, but bread and cheese and everything seems so much simpler and healthier, in a way. :thumbsup2

OMG driving to Disneyland Paris again, is so fascinating to me! Just crossing over the border into another country is like something out of a fairytale! princess:

I love your DLP pics so far, it looks like a beautiful place! Although I'm not a fan of that New York City section, was that in the hotel? With the big Yankees thing on the floor? Ugh. I'd be so annoyed if I went all the way to FRANCE and had to have the Yankees in my face (I'm a Red Sox fan, in case you didn't realize that yet! :upsidedow)! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more!

European breakfast was very normal for me growing up because my Mom used to make stuff like that all the time. I love it though, though I agree, I do love big breakfasts too. I like the balance.

Crossing over into another country is so cool, and it's crazy because there it's like us crossing into another state.

I wasn't a huge fan of the motif of the hotel, but all of the hotels there (except for the Disneyland Hotel) are an American theme. I think because just like their culture is cool to us, our culture is cool to them. And I understand the Yankee thing too. I know you're a Red Sox fan. :rotfl2: I'm a Cubs fan (always have been), but I'm also fully aware that they stink and that if they ever win the World Series, the end of the world is coming. :lmao:

I wanted to say "hi" since I've been reading your adventures for a few days. It looks like a great trip!

All caught up with your TR. Looks like you have a great trip going. Upgrades are always fun :)
It's very interesting to see a bit of my country through your eyes. Looking forward to more :)

I wanted to say "hi" since I've been reading your adventures for a few days. It looks like a great trip!

I'm glad that my TR has been a nice diversion for you. :thumbsup2

All caught up with your TR. Looks like you have a great trip going. Upgrades are always fun :)
It's very interesting to see a bit of my country through your eyes. Looking forward to more :)

Upgrades are always tons of fun.

I'll apologize in advance if I spell anything in Flemish incorrectly. I'm okay with the actually pronunciation and the definition of words, but spelling is a bit of a difficult thing for me. :laughing:

Upgrades are always tons of fun.

I'll apologize in advance if I spell anything in Flemish incorrectly. I'm okay with the actually pronunciation and the definition of words, but spelling is a bit of a difficult thing for me. :laughing:

Well, English isn't all that simple either (as I keep reminding my students whenever they get mopey about a bad spelling test). Our way of pronouncing and linking that to spelling is just very different. No worries ;)

I'm looking forward to more :)

Well, English isn't all that simple either (as I keep reminding my students whenever they get mopey about a bad spelling test). Our way of pronouncing and linking that to spelling is just very different. No worries ;)

Where in Belgium do you live??? I was born in Antwerpen and grew up in Wijnegem until we moved to the US.

I know what you mean about English not being simple. When we moved to the United States I didn't know any English at all. It took about a year for me to feel more comfortable in school. I still got teased a lot because of my accent.

I know, my Mom used to tell me that all the time growing up, because we speak backwards. ;)

Where in Belgium do you live??? I was born in Antwerpen and grew up in Wijnegem until we moved to the US.

I know what you mean about English not being simple. When we moved to the United States I didn't know any English at all. It took about a year for me to feel more comfortable in school. I still got teased a lot because of my accent.

And the kids that used to make fun of you in school were just stupid. Remember I used to say that all the time when I was younger? And my response to anyone who likes to make fun of accents is "and how many languages can you speak?" :lmao:

Day 1 - Saturday June 30, 2012

This post will be in honor of MeMom, because I always comment on how we can shop through her eyes on her TR's. I love her merchandise pictures! So, I decided to try to take ample pictures this evening in DLRP.

After we were thoroughly frightened on Phantom Manor...

file-35.jpg

And apparently I took some pictures of the castle and my Dad acted like the goober that he is...

file-41.jpg

We decided to walk around and browse the shops. My Dad was absolutely in LOVE with this idea (was that dripping in enough sarcasm for you?).

We took it easy after this day. Long travel day the day prior, and we drove 4 hours to DLRP, and we wanted to be up for EMH the next morning. Oh, and the best part? EMH at DLRP are 2 hours(!) for resort guests. Not the measly 1 hour! How awesome is that?!

So, I give you....Disneyland Paris exclusive merchandise (taken while meandering around who knows where).

file-165.jpg

I totally almost bought that, but this was the start of my trip and I didn't want to go and spend all of my Euro in one place. :laughing:

file-167.jpg

I almost bought one of these for my Grandma, but they didn't like to stand up correctly.

file-168.jpg

Can you guys which on of these Vinylmation I purchased? You don't have to think very hard....the answer is clear. These were 20th Anniversary specials.

file-169.jpg

file-170.jpg

file-172.jpg

How stellar is this Rapunzel dress? It was so detailed in person.

file-173.jpg

This store was the DTD equivalent of TrenD. It was so cool.

file-174.jpg

I just HAD to make a purchase. You'll see this appear on me in later pictures.

file-176.jpg

This was the stuff I almost couldn't resist. Swarofski exclusives! They were so expensive though, but man. I almost caved. Especially on this one.

file-178.jpg

And this one.

file-180.jpg

file-181.jpg

I had to tear myself away from the beautiful jewelry, because I seriously almost buckled. But I just couldn't.

Oh, on the way out of the park, a lot of people were eating dinner. Because remember:

International Travel Tip #26 - People in Europe generally eat later in the day. They don't do early dinner, so it's not uncommon to see lots of people and families getting dinner at 9pm or later.

We made it back to the hotel and grabbed some treats and drinks from the store in the lobby.

I adore European treats btw.

file-183.jpg

file-186.jpg

(In case you're wondering, the Bueno was the best one).

Well, we tried to plug our items in to recharge for the evening, but nothing was working. Nothing, the TV, none of the plugs. Dad called maintenance and they said they'd send someone up. It appeared to be a fuse in the fusebox, because we heard someone outside and voila! Everything came back on. I was just happy to be able to charge my dead phone.

International Travel Tip #27 - Don't forget a converter/adaptor combo for your electronics, and make sure you check to see what items need to be converted and which ones need to be adapted.

That tip is foreshadowing. You'll find out why in my next update. :laughing:

Sooooo.....I'm a little behind on the TR (just found it) and I don't know how that happened but I'm here now and I just read the whole thing. LOVING it! I especially love your travel tips and your comparisons between Americans and Europeans. Can't wait to hear more about DLP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter