Ultimate Foodie Report- 9 Days DxDP, V&A QV Room, F&W Premium, & WL Club Level-Done!

Here it is... The one you have been waiting for. This is our second time eating in the Queen Victoria room. The last time was the night before our wedding. We had been touring the parks with 19 family members that week and planned a quiet night away from the madness before the wedding day. This time we returned for our first anniversary. It's a special place meant for special occasions. It's also very expensive. Plan on a meal over a $1000 with wine pairings and any of the extra items. It's also not the place for picky eaters. You have to go with the flow and be open to trying new things or things you normally don't like. If you don't like them still at Victoria and Albert's, you probably will never like them. It's a very long leisurely meal. This one took about 4 hours. We got there at 5:30 and barely made it to see Wishes at Narcoossee at 10p. Just like food and wine, its a marathon. Pace yourself.

Regarding the extras: If you like wine, the wine pairings are well worth it. Every dish is expertly paired. They are also a pretty hefty pour and over 10 courses, you should expect to get a bit tispy. A lot tispy if you normally don't drink. Take a cab. The other items are upgraded caviar. We have never done this since the one that comes with the meal is delicious. The second is to add on the "real" japanese kobe beef. We did it on our first trip and the difference is amazing. They also cook it table side so its a fun presentation. Worth it once, but we both agreed to skip it this time. We have already experienced it and by the time we get to the meat course, we are too full to enjoy $200 worth of meat. Plus the american kobe is delicious anyway.

The servers are wonderful and you have two for each table. There are only 4 tables in the room and they stagger the time each table is sat every 30 minutes. It can be a little awkward like a dinner party where no one knows each other because the room is so small. You can also hear all of their conversation. But a little small talk or joke and the tension fades. We actually had the exact same tables and waiter as our last visit. He even remembered us. I feel special!
256_zpsf9a8c239.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
255_zps7397e3f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They call you several times before your visit to customize your menu and ask for any allergies and/or dislikes. I requested no scallops or mushrooms and told them about my lactose intolerance. They took it very seriously. I did not have a drop of dairy that entire dinner. Too seriously. Several times I was envying my husbands sauce or especially at dessert. They also put on the menu 2 of our favorite dishes from our last trip for a sentimental touch.
IMG_0024_zpsa3b29af6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And on to the food...

Maine Lobster Jar with Siberian Osetra Caviar
259_zps9d3d00ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was one we asked them to repeat. Delicious. Creamy lobster salad pairs perfectly with the salty caviar. Mother of pearl spoon not to interfere with the flavor of the caviar. It still remains a favorite and will stay a must do if we manage to return.

Alaskan King Crab with Cucumber Gelee
263_zpsc19a00d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I love crab and I loved this. Plus it has a pretty edible flower. It was hard to get the cucumber and crab and everything in one bite, but we managed. The crab was so tender and fresh. Wonderful in every way.

First Bread Course
261_zps820e7333.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was a sour dough baguette and imported salted sweet cream butter. I could have eaten the entire piece, but I'm pacing myself. Some of the best sour dough I've ever eaten. It was both our second favorite bread, but favorite butter.

Hot Smoked Neiman Ranch Lamb with Fuji Apple and Curry Dressing
264_zpse3fade8b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
267_zps8c18e18d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is an amazing dish and one of the most successful. We also had it last time as well. Let me preface by saying neither one of us will go out of the way to eat lamb. I'm also not a huge curry fan. This dish succeeds on presentation. The smoke is seriously cool. It is also one of those one perfect bite dishes. The lamb with the apple and curry is perfect. Who knew? This is also one of the best wine parings. It comes with a Riesling that is pretty sweet (not my thing) but when you taste it after the smokey lamb the flavor on your palate completely transforms. Riesling with Lamb, unconventional but genius.

To be continued... Here's the link back to the main page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

Loving your report so far. It's so funny, my family pretty much did your whole meal plan a couple of years ago, with the exception of V&A and the F&W. I have to say so far, I completely agree with you on everything you've said. From the horrible lunch at Brown Derby to your favorite restaurant being Flying Fish. I can't wait to see how the rest of the trip goes.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Here is the rest of our meal at Victoria and Albert's. Moving on...

Fennel Crusted Diver Scallop in a Salt Bowl
[URL=http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/mgentry210/media/269_zpsf300cb71.jpg.html][/URL]
This was hubby's meal since I had requested no scallops. He has declared it the single best piece of seafood he has ever eaten. Apparently these are flown in every day and shucked just before cooking. Simply prepared and seared but done perfectly.

Duck a'la Orange
271_zpsc4e07708.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was my least favorite dish. It was certainly delicious, but the duck with the orange wasn't my favorite combo. We were just halfway and paced myself for the rest of the meal. Hubby loved it and he doesn't like duck.

Second Bread Course
272_zps1286cf73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
273_zps07131799.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was my favorite bread. It was an herbed bread with butter curls. We didn't take a picture but there was a huge butter crock and they hand scraped little butter roses for each table. The texture was so soft and the herbs were fragrant without over powering this delicate bread.

Poached Chicken Egg with Corn Foam
274_zps86e3b878.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was the other dish we requested to be repeated. It wasn't quite the same as last time. Last time it was like the most perfect breakfast for dinner. Apparently last year they house made chicken sausage and it made this dish. It was still great, but bring back the sausage! The egg is in the ravioli and when you crack it open, the yolk makes the sauce. Very delicious.

Marcho Farms Veal with Peas, Carrots and Chanterelles
276_zps1c049021.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was the first time I was envious of my hubby's plate. Due to the lactose, they made me a special sauce. It was good, but his was amazing. I can only imagine how it took to make that demiglas. I also got plain old peas and he got a creamy puree. I have never heard him yum and talk about peas so much.

Third Bread Course
280_zps5bf04b06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hubby's favorite bread. It was a multigrain with unsalted butter. He loves grain breads. Don't get me wrong, this was wonderful, but in a meal like this give me the bad stuff and salt. I think it was meant to clear your palate before the beef and it worked in that capacity.

Australian Kobe Beef with Potato Sphere
282_zps140ddf4e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
It would be the best steak I've ever eaten if I hadn't had the real kobe last time. But time makes me forget and this was the best steak of the trip. Sauce complimented but did not overpower the beef. And the potato was a creamy croquette. Again, lactose envy. I got baby roasters instead. They were good, but the croquette was decadent.

Selection of Cheeses from the Trolley
286_zps10c8aab9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I was getting really full by now. The cheese course is fuzzy for me, but I remember a sharp english cheddar that paired well with the honey comb. He says its a blank for him too for the same reason.

Cool Coffee Pot
295_zps7df2696c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He loved this coffee pot so much, I bought him one for Christmas last year. Not this one - its like $300. There is a stove top version on amazon for around $60 and it works the same. Apparently they are very popular in Scandinavia.

Pear Quark Mousse
292_zps99f95ce0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
294_zps187693fb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
His was tart and sweet at the same time. He liked it but it wasn't chocolate. The lactose police were back and I got a baked pear dish. It tasted like an apple crumble but with pears. It was tasty.

Peruvian Chocolate Timbale with Roasted White Chocolate Gelato
296_zps2eacb1a5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
300_zps9aa0162f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
His was rich and decadent. I could have eaten that gelato by the gallon. Lactose be damned. Mine was a sorbet which was the same sorbet I would eat at Narcoossee's later this week with fresh raspberries. It doesn't matter how full you are, there is room for that gelato.

Celebes and Coffee
302_zpsbee4671e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We took most of them to go. I did eat a milk chocolate filled with caramel and topped with sea salt. Delicious!

After Drinks
303_zpsa409a7cd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
305_zpsfc2fe75e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hubby loves their scotch selection and ended the night MacCallen 25. It was smooth, sublime. It was a dram of liquid heaven. I am quoting. I had a glass of the champagne that was served with the lobster.

That's it! They send you home with a loaf of sweet bread and a rose for the ladies. It's a very special meal meant for very special occasions. I hope you get a chance to try it at least once.

Back to the main page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

After Victoria & Albert's the previous night, I knew we would be sleeping off the food and wine. I planned the very last breakfast reservation at O'hana at 10:55. We got there a bit late, but it was packed! The entire upper lobby was filled with families and strollers. Ugly walls everywhere. Side note: The Polynesian is looking very sad right now with all the renovations. Here's hoping they finish it soon. I would be very disappointed if I paid $400 a night.

Being the last reservation, we were not seated for about 45 minutes. It was OK with us because we were still full. I knew what I was getting myself into before coming, but I want to fully warn any couples without kids or honeymooners. The restaurant is already super loud and full of kids. Then they give them maracas for a parade. Why? It's loud enough. Thankfully, they collect them after every parade so the chaos is short lived. To survive the noise (little hair of the dog) I ordered a lapu lapu. The last of my top 3 Disney drinks.
307_zps176485b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Apparently the back bar was still locked because no one had ordered a drink by 11:45. Not sure how this is possible with that noise. You should have been the envious looks I was getting. Hey, its vacation, go for it. Especially with maracas by the hundreds.

We didn't take any pictures of the food, but you've seen our Whispering Canyon review and it pretty much is the same. Instead of biscuits you get pineapple bread. There is also a fresh fruit plate. I liked the addition of the fruit. I mainly ate the fruit and some bacon. It was hot and fresh even though we were one of the last tables.

It was very nice being the last table. The characters really took their time and we never felt rushed. And the noise level dropped dramatically. And we only suffered through 2 parades.
311_zpsafd3cfa9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Our server was very sweet and brought us cupcakes for our anniversary.
317_zpse5bd7075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Overall, it was exactly as expected. Average food and great characters. I highly recommend the lapu lapu (preferably in the lounge).

Back to the main page:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

Narcoossee's holds a special place in my heart. It's not the food. Hubby proposed there (on April Fool's Day!) right after Wishes. The whole restaurant knew and we got a standing ovation. Very magical. We watched Wishes again on the night of our wedding after dinner at Citricos. It would have been Narcoossee's but they don't take parties bigger than 10. Unless you rent out the whole restaurant. Not happening for 20 people! So clearly it's a must do on every trip, especially our first anniversary trip.

All of this being said, I have never been wowed by the food. This trip was fantastic. Not sure what changed and we ordered a lot of the same food, but it was spot on!

Appetizers

Hubby chose: Barbecue Grilled Shrimp and Grits
Wild Florida Shrimp with Budgie's Barbecue Sauce, Low Country Grits, Cherrywood-smoked Bacon, and Green Tomato Chow-Chow
$18.00
324_zps7ff5e59d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Shrimp had a good creole seasoning and the grits are creamy. I personally prefer the Brown Derby dish, but we didn't have it this time so it's not a fair comparison.

My choice: Maine Lobster Bisque
Butter-poached Lobster, Bouchée, Coral, and Chives
$13.00
326_zps6d5ec999.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I am super picky with lobster bisque. I make a darn good one! Let me know if you want the recipe... That being said, this was really good. Truthfully, I ordered it because I still wasn't hungry, and I knew hubby would like it and eat some. The cream was silky smooth and clearly made with house made lobster stock. None of that lobster base yuck. Several large chunks of claw meat as well that were not overcooked.

Entrees

Hubby chose: Coriander and Shichimi-spiced Seared Ahi Tuna
Charred Beans, Kai-lan, Green Papaya, and Sesame Sticky Rice with Ginger-Kaffir Lime-Soy Broth
$44.00
328_zps7e8bf3f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He liked it a lot, but it was a let down after the Flying Fish. He did life the seasoning on it. There are better choices.

My choice: Grilled 7-oz Filet Mignon or 12-oz Black Angus New York Strip Steak
Smoked Boniato-Idaho Creamed Potatoes, Rainbow Baby Carrots, and Herbed Cabernet-Oxtail Reduction
$49.00
Add a Butter-poached or Steamed Canadian Waters Lobster Tail with the Filet Mignon or Black Angus NY Strip Steak
Butter poaching yields a tender lobster tail, while steaming produces a firmer texture
$75.00
331_zps81ed3f4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
If you care about value, this is the single best value on the deluxe dining plan and therefore the most expensive entree. I chose the filet. It was perfect. Great quality. Great Seasoning. Very tender. Behind the Flying Fish, it was the second best steak. Based on past performance, I was shocked. It was that good. The lobster was great too. Not fishy and very sweet. Most importantly, not overcooked. The oxtail reduction was fabulous too.

Dessert

Hubby chose: Almond-crusted Cheesecake
with Lambert Cherry Sauce
$12.00
364_zps354feefa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is a Narcoossee's staple. I doubt they will ever take it off the menu. Its a good cheesecake with a hint of amaretto flavor. Always a good choice.

My choice: Mango Sorbet, a No Sugar Added Dessert
with Melon, Pineapple, and Berries
$9.00
366_zpsbf6ffac9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Look familiar? It was the exact same sorbet and berries from Victoria and Albert's minus the chocolate and fancy presentation. Good but not wow.

We will always go to Narcoossee's, but now I am looking forward to the food again next time. Here's hoping it stays consistently good.

Here is the link back to the main page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

It's getting late and I'm pretty proud of myself for the progress I'm making on this report. That being said, I'm going to skip the rest of Food and Wine for tomorrow but keep working on the restaurants. I will finish this report. I will finish this report. I'm up late because we are still puppy training.

LeCellier dinner after a day of food and wine and then the after hours party after dinner. Probably not the greatest of plans. More to come on tomorrows post. Here we go...

Appetizers

Hubby chose: “Le Cellier” Seafood Salad
Tuna, Smoked Mussels, Snow Crab, Lobster, Watermelon, Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
$17.00
IMG_0047_zps7b873da3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He really liked this. The snow crab was super tender and went very well with the vinaigrette. Everything was fresh and good.

My choice: Chef's Garden Heirloom Tomatoes
Heirloom Tomatoes, Burrata Cheese, Aged Balsamic Nougat, Sourdough Crisps
$13.00
385_zpsb39dc02e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was my second experience with those lovely Disney tomatoes. These were the best of all. It was a simple salad but light and delicious and perfectly seasoned.

Entrees

Hubby chose: Dry-Aged Boneless Rib-Eye
Aged for 14 Days, Fingerling Potatoes, Roasted Garlic Butter
$49.00
387_zps7fec518d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Last time we where here he was not wowed. This time his steak won the war. That garlic butter was super good. In fact, I made them bring me some for my steak. Good steak, good flavor.

My choice: Angus New York Strip
Caramelized Onion Pastry, Flora Nelle Cheese, Ramps, Wilted Kale, Cabernet Butter
$45.00
388_zps22ab172f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I asked for the potatoes instead of the onion pastry. It was just ok. Good, not great. I've had several better steaks here. Again, could have just been the cut or the fact I was stuffed!

Desserts

Hubby chose: Smoking Chocolate Mousse
Grand Marnier, Almond Crunch, Cinnamon Marshmallow, Dark Chocolate Bark
$11.00
393_zps4bfe1a7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Truthfully, I don't think we ate much of this other than a taste. This was hubby's other dessert, whiskey flight...
IMG_0049_zps07e47648.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My choice: Grapefruit-Ginger Cake
Grapefruit Curd, Lace Tuile Cookie, Panna Cotta, Grapes, Caramel Cream
$11.00
395_zpsd8e68df0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Grapefruit was not my friend this trip (other than that lovely martini at the Flying Fish). The cookie was very good though.

Not our best meal here, but we were pushing our tummy and liver limits this day. I will give it another shot next time.

Here is the link to the main page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

We made it to the end of the after party at Epcot! We closed the place down. Unfortunately, hubby was feeling a bit worse for the party. I paced my self better throughout the day before and was feeling OK when we woke up. Him, not so much. He definitely wasn't going to be any fun to hang around and he was set up in a very dark bedroom. I decided to stick to the plans and head to Hollywood Studios. Mama Melrose's was on the schedule and my chicken dish is a must do for me. Off I went. I missed having him with me, but touring Disney on my own was a unique experience and I really enjoyed it. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I met lots of great people along the way.

Appetizer

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes
with Marinated Sweet Onions, Balsamic Drizzle, Basil-scented Olive Oil, and Sweet Basil Leaves
$8.99
Sorry - No picture! As you can tell by all the pictures of my ****s in the pictures of my dishes, hubby was taking the pictures. I did remember for the entree. I was on a tomato kick and this one was just as good.

Entree

Chicken Campanelle
Wood-grilled Chicken and Campanelle Pasta tossed in a Four-Cheese Sauce with Broccoflower, Sun-dried Tomatoes, fresh Spinach, and Sweet Onions
$18.99
IMG_0342_zpscbb0307e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I love this dish. The rest of the menu is so so, but this never disappoints. It's creamy and cheesy and just plain good. I get it every trip and I can't tell you how many times I've ordered it. I have even looked up the recipe online. It murders the Brown Derby alfredo.

I skipped dessert but my lovely waitress brought me a glass of champagne for our anniversary. Maybe she felt sorry for me, but free champagne is free champagne. I took it!

I rode Toy Story and the Tower of Terror. Wandered around the Frozen stuff and bought some things for our niece. I also ate my Disney pickle. They haven't made it into my trip report yet, but I eat at least 5 of these every trip.
IMG_0011_zps81630477.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I am addicted. You can only buy them at Disney. Only in the Magic Kingdom in the farm stand outside the Haunted Mansion and in Tomorrowland in a cart outside the Electric Umbrella. You can also get them in the farm stand in Hollywood Studios on Hollywood Boulevard. If anyone knows where else to get them, let me know! I have checked Animal Kingdom top to bottom and have yet to uncover them in Epcot but there are so many places to look.

It started to rain and I took shelter under an umbrella at the outdoor Brown Derby lounge. I shared a glass of Fairytale Cuvee with a lovely woman while she waited for her family to get off the Tower of Terror. Her pretty little girl loved all things sparkly and was the recipient of my after hours party glass. She is going to drink her chocolate milk from it. I fully approve!

Here is the link back to the main page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

Headed back to the room and hubby was looking almost human. The lovely ladies in the lounge gave me some crackers and sprite for him. After a bit of food, he was feeling much better and ready for our late dinner. Luckily it was really late, almost at Epcot close.

Since our engagement trip we have eaten at Monsieur Paul every trip. Our first visit was wonderful. Excellent food, excellent service, amazing souffle. This was right after they opened after the redesign. Ever since each visit something has slipped of fallen away. This trip, none of what wowed us initially remained. Here's hoping they will regroup and capture some of that original magic. It was still good, but my expectations were so much higher.

Appetizers

We both chose: Soup aux truffles V.G.E.
Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry
424_zps19d443c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
427_zps417ae0c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is very good. I have gotten it ever since they changed the lobster appetizer. Bring back the original! The beef broth is tasty and there are lots of nice vegetables. It's also a very manageable size on the deluxe dining plan (AKA, small). I wouldn't order it out of pocket.

Entree

Hubby chose: Filet de boeuf grillé forestier (Grilled Beef Tenderloin)
with mushroom crust, mashed potatoes, Bordelaise sauce
$44.00
431_zpsd76e5ef7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is consistently good. I usually get it without the mushrooms. The mashed potatoes are the best at Disney. Get this if only for the mashed potatoes.

My choice: It was a new entree and not listed on the website yet. It was basically a fancy chicken cordon bleu.
432_zps425dd42b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
It was good. The chicken bar thing was tasty and well seasoned. Nothing memorable. It was a tad cold. Probably to help it keep its shape. Next time I would get the steak again.

Dessert

His choice and my choice. As usual, mine isn't on any Disney menu, so I will try by best to remember.
435_zpsaa64fe03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
436_zps1c903d3e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
First picture was mine. I really don't remember much other than it was white chocolate with more hot chocolate poured over the top and was tasty. Hubby quickly took it away and I didn't have much.
I am pretty sure his was: La barre au chocolat
Flourless chocolate cake, praline crunch, chocolate passtion fruit ganache, chocolate mousse and ice cream
$13.00

He took both desserts and loved them. Hey the poor guy had not eaten anything but crackers all day. He was hungry!

Back to Yak & Yeti. This was is original planned meal here. It's the best choice at the Animal Kingdom. This is also our last full day at Disney. Always a bit wistful. With hubby having been sick and already knowing we were going to waste some dining credits, I set out on a mission. Use them or lose them. I had nine by my calculations or 7 if we took a boxed lunch on the plane. The Roaring Fork has never wowed me, so box lunch was a low priority. It turned into a Disney version of pay it forward. It was so much fun, I will do this on every trip. More on that later, but first the food.

Appetizers

We chose collectively:
Thai Chili Chicken Wings - Fried chicken wings tossed in a sweet Thai chili sauce, spicy Asian pickled cucumbers - $9.49
and
Pork Egg Rolls - Served with chili plum dipping sauce - $5.99
441_zps8f3b34e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We have had the egg rolls before and know they are nothing special. Better than frozen or grocery store, but meh.

It was our first time having the wings. They were really, really good! Sweet, spicy and tangy. A bit small, but otherwise tasty!

Entrees

He chose: Kobe Beef Burger - 10 oz. grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. Topped with choice of shiitake mushrooms and scallion compote or Asian slaw - $18.49
445_zps1851f76d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He really liked this burger. It gets good reviews and it will get a good review here too. Not as good as the Brown Derby for a burger in the same price range, but a great alternative.

My choice: Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli - Flank steak, broccoli, brown sauce - $18.99
442_zps337aabd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
No surprise after my other review. This one was better. I love mushy broccoli and this was extra mushy. Weird, but its my lunch! The white rice was a better choice to tone down the saltiness of the sauce.

Dessert

His choice: Mango Pie - Shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream, raspberry sauce - $6.99
447_zpsd080900c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He loves all things mango. Second only to chocolate, but this failed to impress. Again, this was approximately our 30th dessert this week and we order dessert about once every two weeks at home. I am sure it was good but lost in the crowd.

My choice: Sorbet - A trio of mango, lemon and raspberry - $6.99
450_zpsbaf5655c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
As you know, up there with one of my favorite desserts in all of Disney. Definitely one of the top sorbets. Delicious as always. I have even tried to find the supplier to see if I can order this at home. If you have a lactose intolerant family member, this stuff is a dream. It's lactose free, gluten free, nut free... Its hard when you are limited to find a delicious dessert. This one wins.

That's it for the food, but here is our pay it forward Disney beginning. Knowing we had so many dining credits left and hating to waste them, I asked out waitress if we could buy someone else lunch. Luckily, she was very cool and there was a table of two friends who sat down right at the same time as us. She agreed and it began. The girls came over to say thank you and it turns out one girl was related to a Disney big wig and gave us 4 "special" paper fast passes (yes I said paper) good for up to 4 people for each ticket. Wow!

After lunch we had pre booked passes for Everest. While in line, I befriended a nice couple and asked them if they wanted to ride again with us after this ride. Of course they said yes! We rode it twice together and have some memory maker photos to remember them by. I gifted them two of the special passes for their kids that were in the park so they could ride some rides as a family.

We took the last special pass to primeval whirl and waited by the entrance for someone to take with us in the fast pass line. We finally found a father and daughter to skip the line. It was so much fun finding families to help that I kept on going the next few days. Try it! Let's spread the magic..

Jiko is kind of like Monsieur Paul for us. We eat here every time. The service and quality never waivers here. It's the menu that changes. We find something we love or LOVE and then they change the menu. Sigh. I will never forget the version of the short ribs our first visit so long ago. Sigh. Never the less, it's always good and the service is always good.

We arrived and Jiko was packed! Surprising because we had a late reservation and we have never experienced this kind of crowd here. It was standing room only. There was a table in the sit down bar area that had two seats open, so I asked hubby to grab me a glass of wine and I asked to sit down. As a result we met a lovely couple who shared our love of Disney. Here is pay it forward #4. Our waitress again allowed us to buy them dinner using our dining credits. They shared their table and I was able to say thanks. So nice!

Back to the food...
Appetizers

Hubby's choice: Taste of Africa
African-inspired Dips with Pappadam, Poppy Seed Lavash, and House-made Naan
$9.00
567_zpsc986089e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is good. It's OK. If you have ever had freshly baked naan, you will be disappointed. It's kind of like a fresh tortilla. These are good for what they are, but once you have fresh, it's never the same.

My choice: Allan’s Mozambique Tomato Salad
Heirloom Tomatoes, Peaches, Avocado, Spinach, Arugula, and Goat Cheese
$15.00
573_zpsdaca7d09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I got this for the tomatoes, but ended up liking the combination of the goat cheese and peaches. Flash back to first night at Artist point. Again, who knew goat cheese and peaches worked so well. Pillsbury bake-off million dollars here I come. No one steal this idea. I am going to copy write this post.

Entrees

Hubby's choice: Spicy Botswana-style "Seswaa" Beef Short Rib
Cassava-Potato Purée, Sambal, Mushrooms, and Fava Beans
$46.00
578_zps04f02197.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
His usual choice and it has not changed in over a year. It is very spicy! The short ribs are tender and tasty. You had better like some heat.

My choice: Oak-grilled Filet Mignon
Grass-fed Beef, Local Organic Pole Beans, Spoon Bread, and South African Red Wine Sauce
580_zpscc29b2dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Of course I ordered it with the macaroni and cheese instead of spoon bread. It was good and creamy as always. Best mac and cheese at Disney!

Dessert

Hubby's choice: Frozen Confection Flight
A tasting of miniature Flavored Cones filled with African-inspired Ice Cream and Sorbet
$11.00
584_zps4fa07190.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Neither of us remember much about this dessert except it was ice cream and he ate each one in one bite. Can't have been that bad

My choice: I have no idea! Here is the picture and it doesn't match any menu. I have no specific memory, so guess away!
587_zpsf3183d6f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's officially the last meal! I did have 3 dining credits left and spent about 10 minutes outside roaring fork until I found a nice couple on their honeymoon ready to order lunch. I used 2 of the last credits for them and asked them to do something nice while they were here. It was so much fun and they were super sweet. Also Texans from Houston.

Omg...this is almost exactly what DH and I are doing for our 10 year. Love seeing your thoughts on the signatures.

I'm wondering if you thought the food at the Yachtsman was too salty? We were there a few months ago and everything was WAY oversalted...almost inedible. I'd like to give it another chance...but I don't know.

Joining in!

Sorry you didn't enjoy your alfredo at Brown Derby - we've really enjoyed it when we've had it the last two times.

That steak from the Yachtsman looks great!

We must have had an off portion. It happened to us last time as well. We both ordered the filet. Hubby was talking about how good his was and I thought he was crazy. Mine had no seasoning at all. We swapped plates and it was night and day. Same dish, same table, totally different taste.

Omg...this is almost exactly what DH and I are doing for our 10 year. Love seeing your thoughts on the signatures.

I'm wondering if you thought the food at the Yachtsman was too salty? We were there a few months ago and everything was WAY oversalted...almost inedible. I'd like to give it another chance...but I don't know.

Happy Anniversary to you too! It's a good plan for couples and for special occasions. It's a lot of food - you have been warned!

I tend to like my food a little bit salty. I didn't notice any over seasoning, but it could just be me. I didn't reach for the salt shaker either. We really liked the porterhouse for two. Plus, I know I go on and on... those onion rolls!

Loving your report so far. It's so funny, my family pretty much did your whole meal plan a couple of years ago, with the exception of V&A and the F&W. I have to say so far, I completely agree with you on everything you've said. From the horrible lunch at Brown Derby to your favorite restaurant being Flying Fish. I can't wait to see how the rest of the trip goes.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Thanks! We sometimes see the same couples over and over on a trip. We had one family follow us all the way through Epcot one day.

This was definitely our worst day for documenting pictures. It was hot and we were tired and full. We did a good job at the first station, but then not so much. My apologies. I will post the pictures that we have and then refer to the Disney Food Blog for their far superior pictures. Here we go...

Belgium

Belgium waffle with warm chocolate ganache and whipped cream
This was surprisingly good. The waffle was warm and fresh. There was the perfect amount of chocolate sauce.

Block & Hans

Domaine Chandon Brut Sparkling Blanc de Noir
More bubbles! This one good but there are better choices.

Canada

Canadian cheddar cheese soup
Always consistently good. Its very rich for a hot day, but it's a must do every year.

“Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce (gluten free
I am not a fan of mushrooms so this is all hubby. He liked it better than the piece we had last year. It's a fan favorite.

Mission Hill Family Estate Syrah
This was the best red wine I had at the festival. It kept me busy while hubby ate his filet.

Desserts & Champagne

Dessert Trio: Passion fruit coconut creamsicle, blueberry lime cheesecake roll and chocolate espresso opera cake
374_zpsead45245.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The blueberry roll was the winner in this trio. The other two were good, but not outstanding. It was really hard to get all the layers in the passion fruit one.

Guylian Belgian chocolate seashell truffles
These are overly sweet, preboxed truffles. Disney, come on, you can do better than this.

Dom Pérignon
372_zps8b0b2501.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0045_zps4f5689c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We splurged for the anniversary. It was a lovely champagne, but I would definitely never spend for a bottle. There are plenty of other good choices for way less.

Farm Fresh

Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon hash with sweet corn, potatoes, hollandaise and pickled jalapeños (gluten free)
One of hubby's favorites. His direct quote was yum!

France

Boeuf bourguignon: Braised short ribs in cabernet with mashed potatoes
This was pretty good. Think pot roast over instant mashed potatoes. I ate the beef and skipped the potatoes.

Germany

Schinkennudeln: Pasta gratin with ham and cheese
Bland, bland, bland. It just didn't taste like much of anything.

Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll
Hubby says it was just an ok sausage on a dry roll.

Greece

Griddled Greek cheese with pistachios and honey (gluten free)
373_zps6042572f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I really disliked this one. I liked it last year though. Our cheese was congealed and very hard to eat.

Hawaii

Aulani Sunrise featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum
Very sweet. I drank a few sips and that was it. Buy it if you like sweet drinks.

New Zealand

Venison sausage with pickled mushrooms, baby arugula and black currant reduction (gluten free)
More sausage for hubby. He doesn't remember much about this one. Then again, this was about his 4th piece of sausage.

Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay
To keep me company while he ate his sausage. This is a good chardonnay that I will sometimes buy at home. If you like unoaked Chardonnay, I highly recommend you buy Mer Soliel at your store. It's far better.

Refreshment Port

Croissant doughnut
This was good. Filling too so be careful and don't eat it too early on. I liked the cinnamon sugar on the outside.

Scotland

Fresh potato pancake with smoked Scottish salmon and herb sour cream (gluten free)
We both agreed that salmon on a hot Florida day was probably asking for trouble, so we skipped it. The pancake was really tasty though!

Glenfiddich Scotch Selection (12, 15 and 18 year)
Hubby loves his flights. The verdict is that the 15 was his favorite.

Thats it for food and wine! Here is the link back: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

This is our second time staying in the club level at the Wilderness Lodge. We love it there. It's also our favorite lounge. We have stayed at the Animal Kingdom and Boardwalk club levels also. The staff at the Wilderness Lodge is wonderful. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I am not going to make you suffer through our terrible photography. The Disney Food Blog did an accurate review with excellent pictures. Instead I am going to tell you how the lounge works for us and what we enjoy.

I really do not like breakfast in the lounge. It's all premade pastries and bagels. The fruit is nice, but I'm not a big breakfast eater anyway. My other pet peeve is that they only have margarine. I want real butter! Hubby will grab a cup of coffee every morning and sometimes a cinnamon roll. Another tip of mine is to grab a few ham and cheese pastries from the bakery in France. They are a snack credit and taste good cold for breakfast.

During mid day they put out cookies and homemade potato chips. We usually get back to the room right before the snacks end and I always grab a bowl of chips. They are really good. Sometimes we take a soda or two. Another pet peeve is no bottled water. They have filtered water, but a bottle to grab for the night would be nice.

The wine and cheese cocktail time is my favorite time. It's way more than wine and cheese. I usually go down right at 5p when they open to grab a light snack to tide me over before our 8p dinners. There are always veggies and cheese with ranch dip. Some kind of bread and hummus. A warm stew or chowder. A hot appetizer. They have boneless wings in a chili sauce that's very good. They had crab wontons one night and I did not care for those. There is always a salad and it changes every night. The chef and caprese stand out in my memory. My favorite item are the turkey and cheese pinwheels. I think they are meant for the kids, but who cares. I love them! I drizzle the ranch dip on them and they are delicious. They are there at least every other night. The white chardonnay is pretty good. Not the best wine, but it will do. I am going to let you in on my secret. In the drawer under the water dispenser there are coffee to go cups with lids. I fill one with some wine before we leave for dinner transportation. It sure makes waiting for a bus or boat more fun! You can take it down to the pool or hot tub too. Shhh... don't tell anyone or they might crack down on the wine.

We rarely make the desserts since we eat late dinners. Plus if we do make it back, we are usually stuffed already. Hubby has been known to take back a glass of courvoisier to the room for a night cap.

That's about it! We like the club level and the price at the Wilderness Lodge is about the same price as a regular room at a monorail hotel.

Here's the link back to the main page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3338505

Just wanted to chime in and say I love your reviews! We are pretty much signature only for dinner people and love to have a drink (or three) wherever we go. Need to hit every F&W booth (and get those stamps). We also booked the Premium package (we arrive in a week). Only have a couple of dinners booked (CG and FF) since we signed up for a bunch of F&W events.

So nice that you gifted your dining credits and FP's...that's real Disney magic!

I have heard nothing but great things about the WL CL. I tried to book it for Dec but it was all sold out months ago. I will have to live with the BC CL :rotfl2::rotfl2: Thank you so much for the food and wine reviews, I miss it so much this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter