Ultimate fast pass

Tracey868

Mouseketeer
Is there such a thing where you pay big $$$$ and you get front of the line passes????

Thanks
Tracey

Not at WDW.

Well kind of if you hire a VIP tour guide and get the more expensive package. Its around $300 an hour min 6 hours.

Sadly, not yet at Disney.

Universal on-site hotel guests get front of line passes!

Sadly, not yet at Disney.

Universal on-site hotel guests get front of line passes!

... and as a result, I have not been to Universal since 2003 which includes about 15 trips to Orlando. I choose WDW as everyone has similar access once entering the parks. This appears to be changing in the near future which means I will again be looking elsewhere to vacation.

... and as a result, I have not been to Universal since 2003 which includes about 15 trips to Orlando. I choose WDW as everyone has similar access once entering the parks. This appears to be changing in the near future which means I will again be looking elsewhere to vacation.

People have not all had equal access.
One of Disney's little secrets is the VIP Premium tour or the regular VIP tour. It has been going on for quite a while. It's much more expensive than paying for front of the line at Universal. The poster above was correct that the Premium tour can run $300/ hour for a minimum of 6 hours.

People have not all had equal access.
One of Disney's little secrets is the VIP Premium tour or the regular VIP tour. It has been going on for quite a while. It's much more expensive than paying for front of the line at Universal. The poster above was correct that the Premium tour can run $300/ hour for a minimum of 6 hours.

OK- technically you would be correct. However, an extremely small handful of people out of 30,000+ guests on a given day do not influence any of the fastpass times.

OK- technically you would be correct. However, an extremely small handful of people out of 30,000+ guests on a given day do not influence any of the fastpass times.

I just meant that not everyone has equal access.:)

Really? THAT makes you vacation elsewhere? Good then, more room for me.

Really? THAT makes you vacation elsewhere? Good then, more room for me.

It always amazes me how short sighted people can be with statements like that. A business like Disney runs on the concept of thousands of people being there. That is what fuels the shows (that people are already saying are declining), maintains the beauty of the parks, keeps the rides and attractions from becoming carnival grade and pays for all those CM's that we do so love to abuse.

Keep wishing those folks away and see what happens to your park solitude. Walt Disney has been dead for around 45 years he is the only one that seemed to be a miracle worker with the insight to know what the public wanted, everyone since then has been quite fallible.

When the rate for one day ends up being $3K or better to ride a theme park ride we will see who's happy then. Yes, that hopefully is an exaggeration because it will never get that high...the place will close first.

I have been going to WDW regularly since 1983 so I'd have to say that I am a fan of the place, but I do not enter it with blinders on. I am always aware of my wallet and what the "fun" is costing. When I am singled out as a second class "guest" because I either couldn't afford or didn't afford to stay in a, in my opinion, already overpriced motel accommodation I will also stop going. There is just so much extortion I am willing to pay.

Nope..But Universal does and it is FANTASTIC....Sure it costs money, but I just add it to my vacation budget....and FWIW it is not automatic front of the line at Universal, it is Express pass.Kind of like disney fastpass only NO slips of paper, No time confinements and good for almost all the rides.

The three Resorts at Universal total 2,400 rooms, or, figuring an average of three people per room, 7,200 people maximum on an average day.

The Disney owned and operated Resorts at WDW have about 31,000 rooms, or 93,000 people.

Think about the difference between 7,200 people having FOTL passes at Universal's two parks and compare to 93,000 people with FOTL passes at Disney's four Parks.

And one time I was talking to one of the VIP Guides; he said his personal record was getting a family on 16 attractions (rides and shows) in multiple parks in one six-hour period.

Nope..But Universal does and it is FANTASTIC....Sure it costs money, but I just add it to my vacation budget....and FWIW it is not automatic front of the line at Universal, it is Express pass.Kind of like disney fastpass only NO slips of paper, No time confinements and good for almost all the rides.

But only once per ride

IMO, I believe the long-term solution will be for all current FP rides to have a reservation. Some will have the ability to reserve earlier than others (like those who commit to their vacation early with a small, but meaningful non-refundable deposit, regardless of onsite accommodation, annual pass or DVC status), and maybe there will be a capacity control where once the reservation limit is hit, one would get a "guaranteed standby time", which would smooth out the ridership. Since it is a business, what is Disney's incentive to keep you in a standby line? Their goal is to keep you moving throughout the park; enjoying both shows, rides and marketing (HINT: spend more $$). I agree with previous posters that the Disney "way" is to provide equal access to all. This is one possible view into the very near future.

It always amazes me how short sighted people can be with statements like that. A business like Disney runs on the concept of thousands of people being there. That is what fuels the shows (that people are already saying are declining), maintains the beauty of the parks, keeps the rides and attractions from becoming carnival grade and pays for all those CM's that we do so love to abuse...
That's an interesting take on the issue. Conversely, when the previous poster mentioned that he refuses to go to Universaly because they have FoL passes, the first thing that popped into my head was that his is just another useless boycott. After , Universal likely earned many more visitors by offering the pass than the mere fact of it's existence drove away.

That's an interesting take on the issue. Conversely, when the previous poster mentioned that he refuses to go to Universaly because they have FoL passes, the first thing that popped into my head was that his is just another useless boycott. After , Universal likely earned many more visitors by offering the pass than the mere fact of it's existence drove away.

It was the NUMBER 1 reason we decided to stay onsite at Universal, and the number 1 reason we will do it again.Universal isn't stupid they sit smack in the middle of dozens of hotel chains that are much cheaper in comparison.They offer the resort guests unlimited express pass to book the rooms and keep people onsite and it works.They used to have a version like Disneys, and it didn;t work well for various reasons.This system works for them.People can complain all they want, but I hope they never change it.

I do not like a paid for front of the line pass.

In the past,a big part of why we like WDW is because they have done a good job of making us feel special just because we are there, not because we gave them extra $$. I'm realistic, I know in my head that they want our $ but I do not feel in my heart that it is their main purpose. They are sneaky that way. :lmao:

If I start to feel shut out or that they view me as just a wallet, then I feel less special.
Feeling less special =less magic= less trips to WDW. Pretty simple.

It boils down to.....Am I a "guest" or a patsy......:scared:

Is there such a thing where you pay big $$$$ and you get front of the line passes????

Thanks
Tracey

This was already mentioned, but you can book a VIP tour, and you'll get preferrential seating for shows and attractions. Of course, you'll have a tour guide with you at all times, but the guides are very knowledgeable about the parks and will make sure that you get to do and see everything you want to.

They don't yet, but I wouldn't doubt that it's not in the works in some form or another.

Some bean counter will go you know we can charge a premium for people to by pass lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter