• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ultimate DIS Packing list

Minnesota

<font color=navy>Disney Commando<br><font color=re
Hi all,
I remember a thread titled something like this but can't seem to find it so if someone could direct me back to it that would be great. The other option is to have you all help me create another one;)

What are the things you all most commonly forget to pack? How has you packing changed with the new airline baggage policies?

For my trip, it is just me (28 yo) and my best friend (29) at Pop for 5 days in mid may.

Thanks for the help!
Minnesota

I don't know of "The Ultimate DIS packing list", but here's my list...(It's a start anyways).

Camera
Batteries
Battery Charger
Extension Cord
SD Cards
Case of water (maybe 2) ??
Case of Juice (maybe 2) ??
Claritin
Tylenol / Advil
Asthma Sprays
Bodyglide (foot cream)
Walkie Talkies
GPS
Sunscreen
Mousekeeping
Food (Oatmeal, Cereals, Sandwiches, Fruit, Drinks) ???
Passports
Sharpies
Autograph Material
Activities for the airplane, colouring books, etc…
Hats
GAD Tickets
Gift Cards
sun glasses
Water Wings

I usually end up forgetting q-tips and contact solution. I dont know why but thats my most commonly forgotten things and I use them everyday!

Airline changes only have made us pack a little lighter, if need be I will do laundry before I will pay another $40-50 to send a suitcase back and forth! We do 4 carry on's and one large checked bag for our family of 4. The kids each also carry a backpack, I have my packpack purse and DS stroller and hubby will have the laptop bag loaded down w/ neccessities plus camera, ipods, and various chargers. We are staying 9 nights so we are going to fit everything we need in that. We tend to cut out alot of luxary items, the kids each got to pick one small sleep animal to take and DD gets one book, DS gets to take my game boy (he can't read). No other toys (well except the small goodies and trinkets I have bought for them but they don't know about). Everything else is neccesities. We all will be using same shampoo/conditioner/soap/body wash this week, everyone's personal preferences are out. I cut the neccesity medications to tylenol (and childrens) tums and prescriptions. Everything else stays behind and can be bought at WDW if neccessary.

The best tip I ever got off the Dis for packing is for kids so it won't really apply for you but take your outfits by day fold them and place each outfit in a ziploc bag (gallon size) label the bag for day, don't forget undies and socks, hair accessories if needed for girls. Not only makes sure outfits are complete but prevents but I wanted to wear that :headache: issues in the mornings. Kids pick up thier packet get their clothes out of it and dress. No issues or so we hope, that is our plan for this trip.

The best tip I ever got off the Dis for packing is for kids so it won't really apply for you but take your outfits by day fold them and place each outfit in a ziploc bag (gallon size) label the bag for day, don't forget undies and socks, hair accessories if needed for girls. Not only makes sure outfits are complete but prevents but I wanted to wear that :headache: issues in the mornings. Kids pick up thier packet get their clothes out of it and dress. No issues or so we hope, that is our plan for this trip.

Good idea!! I am going to add gallon bags to my shopping list.

Could you elaborate on the bodyglide for your feet? I ask b/c I was told to wear running sneaks with socks, not sandals of any type. The reason is the humidity makes everything so sweaty that if you wear sandals, you get blisters. I'd love to forgo hot sneakers and instead wear sandals, even if I have to rub bodyglide on my feet!

TIA

gardengrocer.com is a very inexpensive and convenient way to get water, juice, snacks, ect delivered to your resort. It's cheaper than paying the extra baggage fees.

Thanks for the help all, now to pack everything in less than 24 hours before getting on the plane - the fun part of taking a trip DURING finals week... what was I thinking :)
Thanks again
Minnesota

Could you elaborate on the bodyglide for your feet? I ask b/c I was told to wear running sneaks with socks, not sandals of any type. The reason is the humidity makes everything so sweaty that if you wear sandals, you get blisters. I'd love to forgo hot sneakers and instead wear sandals, even if I have to rub bodyglide on my feet!

TIA

I don't know about body glide (hopefully someone else can help you there), but one of the best tips I got on these boards was to change shoes half -way through the day. On our last trip I wore tennies and socks in the morning because that is usually when we are hurrying around to all the really crowded rides and walking fast in sandals when it is hot always gives me blisters. After our mid-day break I would change into my sandals to let my feet air out. It worked great and all the hot spots from the morning had a chance to heal with different shoes. I also soaked my feet in the cool pool water every night after the parks. No blisters! :thumbsup2

Great, thanks to this thread I have added more stuff to my already long packing list! :) Thanks for the ideas there are some great ones in there.

TIA

Body Glide isn't just for the feet. It looks like a stick of deodorant that you rub on your skin in areas that chafe or blister. DH uses it on the inside of his legs when he wears his looser fitting denim shorts. We have found it at Hibbett Sports and our new Infantry Museum gift shop.

I don't see why you couldn't rub it on your feet, but if your sandals are well broken in, you won't have a problem. Take them off and let them air out midday if you take a break. I wear Croc flip clops and I wear 1 pair in the morning and a different pair in the evening, sometimes and don't have a problem with blisters. I would die in socks and tennis shoes, it's bad enough I have to wear them to work everyday for my plantar fasiicitis.

Suzanne

Tried Moleskin last year for preventing blisters and it worked great..just remember to pack small scissors in your checked luggage to trim it to size.

I wear my Crocs Cleos all day everyday and do not have a problem at all. I now have 4 different pairs in different colors so that I can mix it up a little bit. Also we go every yr is either June or August, so heat is definitely an issue.

If you are looking for the Ultimate packing list is is in mouseforless.com. I copied it to my word then deleted what I don't need and added what isn't on there. I have to add what i want where there has already been text. Let me know if you can't find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter