Ukers!! Have any of you gone solo? And if so was it for 1 or 2 weeks?

if you end up wanting to go to disneyworld in Florida, I could cover expenses if you go there or at least split all expenses. Just let me know. I have been to the Paris Disneyland. Really fun there but no comparison to disneyworld:) Again if you let me go with you to the disneyworld one in Florida, I will cover all expenses.

Hey djengdome! Im actually going to disney paris in 2 weeks, having a solo day there as a trial/test run to see if i like being solo in the parks! If i like it i will look at booking florida this year but wont be until a bit later in the year now, more like late sept (as the prices are too high for a solo traveller in the peak summer months sadly!) I hope you have an amazing trip if you go to Disneyland soon! Ive heard the one is Anaheim is amazing! Ive never been to that one myself!

Leagill,

if you end up wanting to go to disneyworld in Florida, I could cover expenses if you go there or at least split all expenses. Just let me know. I have been to the Paris Disneyland. Really fun there but no comparison to disneyworld:)Again if you let me go with you to the disneyworld one in Florida, I will cover all expenses.

Dex
if you end up wanting to go to disneyworld in Florida, I could cover expenses if you go there or at least split all expenses. Just let me know. I have been to the Paris Disneyland. Really fun there but no comparison to disneyworld:) Again if you let me go with you to the disneyworld one in Florida, I will cover all expenses.

Hey djengdome! Im actually going to disney paris in 2 weeks, having a solo day there as a trial/test run to see if i like being solo in the parks! If i like it i will look at booking florida this year but wont be until a bit later in the year now, more like late sept (as the prices are too high for a solo traveller in the peak summer months sadly!) I hope you have an amazing trip if you go to Disneyland soon! Ive heard the one is Anaheim is amazing! Ive never been to that one myself!

I am actually now booked to go back in late October (so I get Halloween and Christmas stuff) if you do end up booking and want a dinner friend or offsite shopping friend. I stay offsite and car hire so have plenty of freedom!

I am actually now booked to go back in late October (so I get Halloween and Christmas stuff) if you do end up booking and want a dinner friend or offsite shopping friend. I stay offsite and car hire so have plenty of freedom!

Wow thats great, so you are going twice this year? Lucky you!! I shall have a look at the prices for late Oct then, I was looking at the 1st sept due to it being a bit cheaper out of all the other weeks but I didnt look as far as October. What dates have you got booked? And what company do you book with just out of interest? :) Thanks!

Wow thats great, so you are going twice this year? Lucky you!! I shall have a look at the prices for late Oct then, I was looking at the 1st sept due to it being a bit cheaper out of all the other weeks but I didnt look as far as October. What dates have you got booked? And what company do you book with just out of interest? :) Thanks!

I'm booked from the 26th October for 3 weeks. I'm booked then because it is muuuuch cheaper to go and the weather is generally still great. It's going to be very tight financially but by doing an annual pass it makes it more doable. I probably won't be able to go again for another couple of years though!

I'm booked with Virgin for both trips. I checked out a lot of places and looked at DIY (which I did in 2014) and I just got a great deal. Even managed to be able to go premium economy for my upcoming trip which is a nice treat! Plus I get lovely airmiles which will hopefully mean I can go again sooner than I think.

Hi, I went on a solo trip from Glasgow for 10 days at the end of September (I see that might be when you're going ) last year and loved it and I'm looking at doing the same this year, stayed offsite with a hire car but looking at staying onsite this time with no car (this means I can have a few drinks ha) anything you want to know just get in touch and will help where I can

I'm booked from the 26th October for 3 weeks. I'm booked then because it is muuuuch cheaper to go and the weather is generally still great. It's going to be very tight financially but by doing an annual pass it makes it more doable. I probably won't be able to go again for another couple of years though!

I'm booked with Virgin for both trips. I checked out a lot of places and looked at DIY (which I did in 2014) and I just got a great deal. Even managed to be able to go premium economy for my upcoming trip which is a nice treat! Plus I get lovely airmiles which will hopefully mean I can go again sooner than I think.

I just looked at booking in October as well, but sadly because I want to stay at Disney (for my first solo trip I think I would feel safest there, plus also I wont be hiring a car) the prices seem to be really expensive :( The 1st September seems to be the cheapest I can find at the moment for a Disney hotel. I will keep looking though as would be nice to have someone to see the parks with/go shopping! :) :) I have just seen that they have added the Exorcist to the Universal Horror nights this year as well!! Love that film!

Hi, I went on a solo trip from Glasgow for 10 days at the end of September (I see that might be when you're going ) last year and loved it and I'm looking at doing the same this year, stayed offsite with a hire car but looking at staying onsite this time with no car (this means I can have a few drinks ha) anything you want to know just get in touch and will help where I can

Was that you first time solo over at Florida? Its nice to hear that there are so many people who love it solo over there! I wish I had the guts to drive out there, but I'm not the best driver as it is so dont think Id want to risk it haha! Ooh what dates would you go in September if you went again this year? Do you fly with Virgin? I live all the way down in Devon, its so frustrating as its a mission getting to Gatwick airport from here as it is! :(

Was that you first time solo over at Florida? Its nice to hear that there are so many people who love it solo over there! I wish I had the guts to drive out there, but I'm not the best driver as it is so dont think Id want to risk it haha! Ooh what dates would you go in September if you went again this year? Do you fly with Virgin? I live all the way down in Devon, its so frustrating as its a mission getting to Gatwick airport from here as it is! :(

Quoting this one due to the driving comment. Now granted I'm a pretty confident driver but I was very nervous about driving over there the first time. I didn't even book the car hire initially as I wasn't going to drive at all. But in the end it was absolutely fine. Once you get used to the initial horror or driving on the wrong side it's actually pretty easy. The roads are wide and flat and it's actually a much more relaxed experience than the UK. Granted I've mostly driven in cities so may be a little different for me but it's nothing to worry about at all.

Would have been fun to have a Horror Nights buddy actually, I'd like to go but not sure if I could go through the houses on my own........

Quoting this one due to the driving comment. Now granted I'm a pretty confident driver but I was very nervous about driving over there the first time. I didn't even book the car hire initially as I wasn't going to drive at all. But in the end it was absolutely fine. Once you get used to the initial horror or driving on the wrong side it's actually pretty easy. The roads are wide and flat and it's actually a much more relaxed experience than the UK. Granted I've mostly driven in cities so may be a little different for me but it's nothing to worry about at all.

Would have been fun to have a Horror Nights buddy actually, I'd like to go but not sure if I could go through the houses on my own........

I think Im pretty limited with my driving really, living in sleepy Devon I have barely even been on the motorway if Im honest (my ex used to drive us if we ever went further afield) and city driving scares me (I usually end up in the wrong lane and panic lol!) I need more practice! Maybe next time I go I might drive, but I will take one step at a time and just get used to the solo thing first! :) Ooh yeah, thats how I feel actually! Would be really scary to do that on your own, and I see they have a texas chainsaw massacre house this year too!! Like I said I will keep looking at prices etc as I have always wanted to do the halloween nights! Wish I was coming with you in May! :) What hotel are you staying at in oct by the way? :)

Yeah it was my first time solo, been a few times before but not for a while and I'm glad I decided to go. I'm looking at flying from gatwick this time as you can get direct flights for a 10 day holiday, looking at flying out on Sunday 25th September with virgin, used them last time and thought they were great.

The horror nights is one thing that I regret not doing and is at the top of the list if I go back this year, someone from work went to it and that was one of his highlights

Yeah it was my first time solo, been a few times before but not for a while and I'm glad I decided to go. I'm looking at flying from gatwick this time as you can get direct flights for a 10 day holiday, looking at flying out on Sunday 25th September with virgin, used them last time and thought they were great.

Glad to hear you thought Virgin were good to use! I have never used them before and saw a few complaints but you get that with whatever company you use really! I actually just had a look at the prices for that date and they are good, I am looking at staying at POP and it seems very reasonable (well, reasonable for a Disney hotel anyway!) Is the weather still t-shirts and shorts in late Sept? Yeah the horror nights have always looked amazing, I watched a few youtube videos of people going through the various themed houses at Universal and it just looks so much fun! But definitely not something to do solo, I would be super scared haha!

Late Sept is DEFINITELY still T-Shirt and Shorts (and chilling out at the pool) weather. It's going to most likely still be mid to upper 80's (F) during the day and probably low 70's in the evening. There's a chance you'll get a few cool evenings after the sun goes down - so you may need capris, long pants, long sleeve shirt, or a light sweater/sweatshirt on some evenings. Just google Orlando September - and maybe you can get that Celsius since I don't know the conversion.

Glad to hear you thought Virgin were good to use! I have never used them before and saw a few complaints but you get that with whatever company you use really! I actually just had a look at the prices for that date and they are good, I am looking at staying at POP and it seems very reasonable (well, reasonable for a Disney hotel anyway!) Is the weather still t-shirts and shorts in late Sept? Yeah the horror nights have always looked amazing, I watched a few youtube videos of people going through the various themed houses at Universal and it just looks so much fun! But definitely not something to do solo, I would be super scared haha!
No complaints from me anyway, I was looking at the pop aswell as I think it has the best transport service, would like to stay at delux but it's a bit too much going solo. I am from Scotland so most sunny weather is shorts weather for me haha, but it was pretty warm over 30 degrees on a few days. The horror nights do look good and wish I didn't give it a miss

I think Im pretty limited with my driving really, living in sleepy Devon I have barely even been on the motorway if Im honest (my ex used to drive us if we ever went further afield) and city driving scares me (I usually end up in the wrong lane and panic lol!) I need more practice! Maybe next time I go I might drive, but I will take one step at a time and just get used to the solo thing first! :) Ooh yeah, thats how I feel actually! Would be really scary to do that on your own, and I see they have a texas chainsaw massacre house this year too!! Like I said I will keep looking at prices etc as I have always wanted to do the halloween nights! Wish I was coming with you in May! :) What hotel are you staying at in oct by the way? :)

I've booked Mystic Dunes as it's self catered so much more practical for three weeks. I guess Disney hotels are super pricey in October and December due tot he popularity of their Halloween and Christmas events. There's not many off season times hotel wise these days, just for flights from the UK because of school holidays!

Just been printing off all my travel documents, this time next week I'll be coming in to land!

Oh and it was baking hot out there until well into December last year, which is a little unusual but due to climate change and all that probably going to become more of the norm. They get their coldest times usually around February/March. Up until then you should get away with summer clothes with perhaps some just in case cover ups as mentioned.

I've booked Mystic Dunes as it's self catered so much more practical for three weeks. I guess Disney hotels are super pricey in October and December due tot he popularity of their Halloween and Christmas events. There's not many off season times hotel wise these days, just for flights from the UK because of school holidays!

Just been printing off all my travel documents, this time next week I'll be coming in to land!
Pretty jealous, have a great time

So just a quick update again! I came back from Disneyland Paris last week and spent an entire day by myself in the parks, and to be honest it was fine! Im going to admit here that I didnt have an 'amazing' time, BUT I think that was more down to the parks not being anywhere near as good as Walt Disney World (in my own personal opinion of course) and it rained a bit. I didnt feel awkward at all, and went on quite a few rides (Pirates, Hollywood Tower, Snow White, Pinocchio, Crush's rollercoaster, Phantom Manor etc) and had a great mooch about at my own pace! I love shopping on my own and to me this didnt feel that much different to that actually! I am literally in my own little world doing my own thing which is nice! :) The experience has made me feel much more at ease about booking a solo trip to florida and I really recommend that if there are any UKers out there feeling anxious about such a trip themselves they should try Paris just to get a feel for it! It really has helped a lot! Although the only thing I have to be more careful about is not going over my luggage allowance (I buy soo much Disney stuff!), as I wont have a partner's suitcase space to nab!! Eeeek! Lol ;) xx

So just a quick update again! I came back from Disneyland Paris last week and spent an entire day by myself in the parks, and to be honest it was fine! Im going to admit here that I didnt have an 'amazing' time, BUT I think that was more down to the parks not being anywhere near as good as Walt Disney World (in my own personal opinion of course) and it rained a bit. I didnt feel awkward at all, and went on quite a few rides (Pirates, Hollywood Tower, Snow White, Pinocchio, Crush's rollercoaster, Phantom Manor etc) and had a great mooch about at my own pace! I love shopping on my own and to me this didnt feel that much different to that actually! I am literally in my own little world doing my own thing which is nice! :) The experience has made me feel much more at ease about booking a solo trip to florida and I really recommend that if there are any UKers out there feeling anxious about such a trip themselves they should try Paris just to get a feel for it! It really has helped a lot! Although the only thing I have to be more careful about is not going over my luggage allowance (I buy soo much Disney stuff!), as I wont have a partner's suitcase space to nab!! Eeeek! Lol ;) xx
Glad to hear you had a good time and I agree that the Paris isn't on the same level as Florida. It does give you a bit of a taste without the big outlay money wise, something I didn't think of. now it's time to get the proper Walt Disney booked haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter