• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UK-US travel, 2021/2022

So regarding my flights back to Dublin from MCO I saw that it said "The test must be taken a maximum of 48 hours before arrival in Ireland." So my family and I fly out on the 5th of February arriving back in Dublin on the 6th. So do I need to book my test on the Friday or Saturday?

Also for anyone who has done the test at MCO do you know how much it cost? I tried the website but it wasn't working due to GDPR.

"The test must be taken a maximum of 48 hours before arrival in Ireland."
From what I see that's for an antigen test. It's 72 hours for an RT/PCR.
Whichever, you'll need to work back that number of hours from your scheduled arrival time and then (I think) add the time difference.
So assuming you land at Dublin 0900 on the 6th, 48 hours would be 0900 on the 4th Dublin time, which would be, say, 0300 in Florida. So realistically you could test anytime on the 4th or 5th (whichever days of the week those are).

Ive booked click & collect as there is one quite close to me.
Just read fox news reporting Biden admin saying we will need to be tested one day before arrival also considering need to be tested 3/5 days while there and possible 7 day quarantine for all arrivals will be making an announcement Thursday, if this is true that's me out only going for week.

Just read fox news reporting Biden admin saying we will need to be tested one day before arrival also considering need to be tested 3/5 days while there and possible 7 day quarantine for all arrivals will be making an announcement Thursday, if this is true that's me out only going for week.

I read that too. Thankfully, United is waiving change fees AND increased its code share load so I changed my flight to avoid the US (travelling from Europe to Canada). However, after some time in Canada, I’m supposed to go to the US to spend Christmas with family there. I can handle the 24 hour test if I need to and possibly the day 3/5 test (though I’d be leaving on day 4 or 5), but not the quarantine (since that would mean missing out on actually spending Christmas with the family).

Well if that is the case that's us not going also cant quarantine 7 days out of a 14 day Holiday. Oh well looking like 2023 for us not booking again as starting a new job in the NewYear and won't know about holidays till I start :(

So if my trip is for a week does this mean I can't actually go as I would be in quarantine the whole time?

Just waking up and seeing all the news. People just breathe and wait and see. As far as I can see, the part about quarantine is something that the media are saying he could do but its not in any official drafts or reports. Its very likely that the testing requirement could be changed to 1 day before, instead of 3 as it currently is. And the same with the changes to attestation form, thats another thing that could happen.

I really can't see the quarantine requirement being something that will happen, for many reasons, but mainly due to the lack of infrastructure to make sure people comply, and the legal implications of what is essentially a track and trace system.

Just waking up and seeing all the news. People just breathe and wait and see. As far as I can see, the part about quarantine is something that the media are saying he could do but its not in any official drafts or reports. Its very likely that the testing requirement could be changed to 1 day before, instead of 3 as it currently is. And the same with the changes to attestation form, thats another thing that could happen.

I really can't see the quarantine requirement being something that will happen, for many reasons, but mainly due to the lack of infrastructure to make sure people comply, and the legal implications of what is essentially a track and trace system.
totally agree from what I read it would be basically impossible for them to enforce quarantine so that hopefully is unlikely.

If the test is 1 day before then that's reasonable as lets be honest we are in unprecedented waters.

https://www.travelrules.uk/ if anyone's still struggling to understand what tests are needed for your party (NB not spam - this website has nothing to do with me, and has no ads etc!) just a useful resource. Only covers England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland.

moved my online test to the night before we fly to make sure that we fall within any rules that may change.

Just longer to worry now :(

although will do our own tests over the last few days.

moved my online test to the night before we fly to make sure that we fall within any rules that may change.

Just longer to worry now :(

although will do our own tests over the last few days.

My trip is not until January, I fly on a Sunday, so it looks like an early morning Saturday test for me, suits me fine, as its kinda what I had planned anyway as I will be working right up to the Friday.

I need your help guys. I'm flying to Sweden on the 14th and will be staying in a little cabin by the lake. Do I need to have a vaccination or not? I'm a little worried...

Just changed our pre flight supervised test to Friday rather than Thursday, as hearing now that USA may require tests done no later than 24 hours in advance of departure, rather than 3 days for ALL travellers. Even if doesn't happen straight away, wasn't prepared to take the risk! Hold on Mickey, we will get to you.....

I am just so sick of all this. I will never take just going on holiday for granted again.
I don't know whether to try and change our supervised tests with Qured to the Saturday morning just in case an announcement is made tomorrow about them being needed 1 day before travel. I really wanted these tests done and dusted out of the way so had booked them for the Thursday evening.
If it turns out that we will have to do a PCR then we'll either book it for a centre at Luton airport and do it on the way, or it will have to be at LHR. And my nice shiny unboxed LFT I bought from Qured will be useless! Well, unless we do have to test 3 - 5 days after arrival. I guess I could use them for that, and just cancel the video part.

Chronomics have emailed to say they are pausing the refunds process, to give customers time to think about if they want to upgrade from the day 2 to to the PCR test. I will have to reapply for the refund on 10th December. So gawd knows when I'll see that money again!

Yeah, I am not changing my test yet either, not booking a pcr unless I have to!! I think we would have no choice but to go to the airport anyway so should get availability at some point on the required date. i had wanted to go to Boots but they had hardly any slots and they are now booked for the wrong date I assume

I am just so sick of all this. I will never take just going on holiday for granted again.
I don't know whether to try and change our supervised tests with Qured to the Saturday morning just in case an announcement is made tomorrow about them being needed 1 day before travel. I really wanted these tests done and dusted out of the way so had booked them for the Thursday evening.
If it turns out that we will have to do a PCR then we'll either book it for a centre at Luton airport and do it on the way, or it will have to be at LHR. And my nice shiny unboxed LFT I bought from Qured will be useless! Well, unless we do have to test 3 - 5 days after arrival. I guess I could use them for that, and just cancel the video part.

Chronomics have emailed to say they are pausing the refunds process, to give customers time to think about if they want to upgrade from the day 2 to to the PCR test. I will have to reapply for the refund on 10th December. So gawd knows when I'll see that money again!

We had day 2 LFT tests as well from BreatheAssured before they changed the rules to PCR. Rang Breathe and they said the tests are good for 12 months, so hopefully as we are planning more trips stateside next year, can keep them for then and upgrade them to supervised tests... Covid variants permitting....

Yes we are booked for August 2022, so I guess could use them then. But I would love it if tests were done with by then!

Just changed our pre flight supervised test to Friday rather than Thursday, as hearing now that USA may require tests done no later than 24 hours in advance of departure, rather than 3 days for ALL travellers. Even if doesn't happen straight away, wasn't prepared to take the risk! Hold on Mickey, we will get to you.....
when you flying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter