Uk Phone Booths

ddrasmus1

Earning My Ears
Did disney shut down the UK phone booths that you used to be able to call? I tried calling all
3 of the phone #'s and they all say the lines have been disconnected.

There was a thread about the phone booths a month or so ago. Someone reported that, yes, they have been disconnected. The booths are still there but the phones are no longer operational. Too bad.......both calling the booths and answering when we were there was a lot of fun.

Does anyone know when they shut down the phone lines? I talked to a couple people in January while my sister was taking my photo in the phone booth! I don't remember what country we were in though.

Does anyone know when they shut down the phone lines?

They have started taken them down all the time. Canada is the next phone that they will shut down. I know the person who works with the phones and when I insulted him (I really did called him out for it) he told me that unfortunately they had been forced to do so. People started calling telling the people that answered the phone that they had won a price to get it at the stores. Other people started calling to insult the people that would answer. So thanks to those idiots they have now ruined a good thing. Second thing in less than a month that the internet ruins for Disney guests...

So, what would happen if you called the phone in Canada and yelled "Andy's Coming!" to whoever answered?

No, the Internet ruined that because everyone started saying it constantly to the characters.

I wouldn't blame either of these issues on the internet as both of these things were destined to fail, in my opinion.

The 'Andy's Coming' thing is just too funny for everyone not to want to do it. (In fact, I'm a little dubious that this wasn't just a one-off thing rather than something that they actually planned to do any time that someone yelled at them.

Also, I am rather surprised that the problems with the phones didn't result in their being disabled several years ago. The internet didn't create the crank call, after all and these numbers have been widely published.

I wouldn't blame either of these issues on the internet as both of these things were destined to fail, in my opinion.

The 'Andy's Coming' thing is just too funny for everyone not to want to do it. (In fact, I'm a little dubious that this wasn't just a one-off thing rather than something that they actually planned to do any time that someone yelled at them.

Also, I am rather surprised that the problems with the phones didn't result in their being disabled several years ago. The internet didn't create the crank call, after all and these numbers have been widely published.

So it's only a coincidence that after years of this being a fun random thing, it suddenly went wild. Not sooner that it got posted on Pinterest, we suddenly had people from the train, while waiting in the line, and people who weren't doing the line interrupting meet and greet of other guests just to yell that, and get their personal enjoyment. It maybe funny but it lost all the fun when people read it there and didn't know how to use it well. They weren't happy with seeing it done once, they would do it time and time again because it wasn't performed for them and only them.

The phones everyone knew them for years, that is correct. However, when it was posted on Pinterest suddenly they started getting prank calls and people getting insulted. That is also not a coincidence.

The fact is that not everyone knows how to use resources wisely and in our modern day culture everything is about me and my enjoyment. We are no longer happy seeing or witnessing someone else good fortune and be happy for them. We are a culture where our enjoyment and our personal benefit is more important than the possibility of ruining a good thing.

So it's only a coincidence that after years of this being a fun random thing, it suddenly went wild. Not sooner that it got posted on Pinterest, we suddenly had people from the train, while waiting in the line, and people who weren't doing the line interrupting meet and greet of other guests just to yell that, and get their personal enjoyment. It maybe funny but it lost all the fun when people read it there and didn't know how to use it well. They weren't happy with seeing it done once, they would do it time and time again because it wasn't performed for them and only them.

The phones everyone knew them for years, that is correct. However, when it was posted on Pinterest suddenly they started getting prank calls and people getting insulted. That is also not a coincidence.

The fact is that not everyone knows how to use resources wisely and in our modern day culture everything is about me and my enjoyment. We are no longer happy seeing or witnessing someone else good fortune and be happy for them. We are a culture where our enjoyment and our personal benefit is more important than the possibility of ruining a good thing.

Love this!!!

Woody & Buzz would drop to the ground & become toys again, like in the movies. When people found out, they abused this bit of magic, thereby ruining it for everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter