UK family planning trip to Universal resort - Orlando

towledj

Disney Dave UK
Hi.
We are now planning our upcoming trip to USO :boat:. Myself, DW and DS (14) have a 2 week vacation booked, staying onsite at HRH arriving 22nd August. Although we have stayed at HRH before (for 2 or 3 nts), it's usually been part of a "WDW resort" vacation, so we are really looking forward to a bit more of a chilled experience this time. We want to try and keep this trip a surprise holiday, so we are not telling DS until we get to the airport (our cover story has already been laid out!!).
We have no plans to visit :smickey: this time, except for a night at MNSSHP on the 2nd Sept. We have the 14 day Orlando Flex Pass included, so we have planned a day at Seaworld (our Dine with Shamu reservation has been made), and we are spending a day at Aquatica with a cabana booked for DW to enjoy while we're on the slides. I have a very special surprise also booked for the whole family which DW doesn't know about yet (can't say what it is on here just in case she's looking :-)).

I'm looking forward to going to the Velvet Session at HRH on the 25th Aug. and we're hoping we can catch a gig at Hard Rock live (we saw Robbie Williams there a few years ago which was awesome). I would also like to spend a day at Wet N Wild before it closes at the end of the year, and we've never been there before. We plan to do some pool / resort hopping so we get chance to see all the other hotels, and try some of the many dining options, and have a few cocktails along the way. :P

I'm also looking to spend some time around City Walk at the weekend, as we've never really stayed long enough to enjoy it and soke up the party atmosphere. Apart from enjoying some early entry and fast tracking, we are also looking forward to seeing Diagon Alley, Kong and all the other new or updated attractions we haven't seen before like Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Hulk etc, and I think we will probably get one of the Interactive wands and spend some time doing the trail.
:wizard:

With our MCO transfer, we booked a quick 45 min stop off at a Grocery Store to pick up some "supplies", and we are also planning to book a Character Breakfast at HRH or RPR (or maybe both), and also a HRH cabana for our last day before we fly home back to the UK. We haven't booked a hire car as we didn't think we would use it that much, and what it saves us on parking, fuel, insurance etc. we can spend on any taxis. I saw that US resort hotels have shuttles that can take us to Wet N Wild, Seaworld & Aquatica, and also a resort dining shuttle, along with water taxis, so hopefully we won't miss not having a :car:.

Hopefully I'll get some photos to share of our trip and let you know how it goes, what we missed, and what we would have done different, if anything! (Hoping nothing).

Sounds like a fun trip!

We stay exclusively at RPR and never venture to Disney anymore, last visit was 08 I think. Plenty at Universal and around Florida to keep us amused.

You'll have plenty of time to enjoy the resort and Citywalk with a 14 night stay.........you'll certainly see some changes if you haven't seen DA and the other stuff you mentioned.........

Looking forward to reading about your trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter