UK Courtyard Ceremony?

Belle1899

Earning My Ears
Hi guys. I'm a longtime lurker, but I'm finally in the very early stages of planning my Disney wedding(!).

Does anyone have any photos of an actual ceremony in the UK Courtyard at Epcot? The only mention of the UK pavilion I can find are all dessert parties. I have the PassPorter guide (Thanks, Carrie!) and I've looked at the photos on Carrie's site. But I'd like to get a better idea of what a ceremony there would look like.

Is there some reason that location isn't as popular? Are there major drawbacks?

My second choice for an Epcot ceremony would be the Canada Terrace, but I don't think it would hold my guest count (we're looking at 30-40).

Thanks for the help!

I think one reason it's not super-popular is that it's not as exotic-looking as the other countries in Epcot. Most of the shots are going to be of a gazebo against some trees, which is fairly generic as far as wedding locations go. Here's a podcast interview I did with a couple whose ceremony was in the UK — there are photos of it in the post: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2013/03/20/vow-renewal-spotlight-beth-paul/

Thanks! I see what you mean about it looking fairly plain. I guess the gazebo doesn't show the true beauty of that pavilion. I'd probably be better off just getting pictures there during an Epcot portrait session.

I'm looking at the Disney Weddings site and it says that the Canada Terrace can accommodate up to 78 guests. So that may be a viable option. For some reason, I thought that it was a lot less than that. But maybe I'm just getting confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter