UK car insurance

magicmouse2

DIS Veteran
:earseek: I got my new qoute and it is 113 per month!!! I was in an accident where someone came in to the rear corner of my car as I was reversing but stationery whilst checking round, and it counts as a claim even though it was 3rd parties faulot not 50-50 as settled on, due to no witnesses. I am going to start a business selling motor insurance;) UK car insurance is just extortionate!!!

Ouch! :(

Have you tried shopping around??

Norwich union are very good and Elephant.co.uk are ok too.

Michelle

That does seem excessive ~ Have you tried shopping around?

I've been with Sainsbury Car Insurance for a couple of years now. I did a lot of research on the web and they were by far the cheapest.

Andy

Gosh, that's a lot!

Definitely shop around. Though having said that, mine's also gone up this year despite ten years no claims bonus :rolleyes:

magicmouse2 said:
:earseek: I got my new qoute and it is 113 per month!!! I was in an accident where someone came in to the rear corner of my car as I was reversing but stationery whilst checking round, and it counts as a claim even though it was 3rd parties faulot not 50-50 as settled on, due to no witnesses. I am going to start a business selling motor insurance;) UK car insurance is just extortionate!!!

I just renewed my wifes Punto. 154 quid for the year with esure.co.uk. Thats a result in my book :-)

Greg

GREGisMAD4WDW said:
I just renewed my wifes Punto. 154 quid for the year with esure.co.uk. Thats a result in my book :-)

Greg

Are you sure that wasn't an offer to buy it :)

GREGisMAD4WDW said:

Greg

Thats extremely cheap....!

I thought I had a result with my renewal this year at £235, which is Comprehensive, protected ncb on a group 5 car worth around £7k.

Something similar happened to us a few years back. A motorbike drove into the side of DH as he was turning, and though it was settled 75-25 in our favour, we still lost the no-claims. We have been with Bell Direct since, as they offer a no-claims builder at excellent rates, where you have a policy which lasts 10 months but gives you a year no-claims bonus. We built up 5 years no-claims in 50 months, and now have switched to Sainsbury's (as this year they were cheaper by £40).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter