Uh OH! Rent/pay question

SecondStartotheright

Mouseketeer
Because of the cutting of hours, I only worked 26 hours last week!

Which...no big deal, except that, I will not have made enough to cover 2 weeks of rent. In fact, I'm going to be about $20 shy. How is this dealt with? Because first of all, I will have NO money...and I'll actually owe for rent. What will happen?

My understanding is that they will take your entire check... then take that other $20 out of next week's paycheck.

Yikes thats really not the best news for the people applying for the Fall. I really hope things start looking up soon! I hope you get enough hours next week!

Most places can't evict you without going to court. So just pay what you can now and pay the rest later. You may get charged a late fee but you will be ok

Yeah I was wondering if they were going to take all of it, and then the rest next week. But my roommate said she thought they'd only take some if it wasn't enough, because on her last program she was sick one week for 4 days and somehow she still had quite a bit of money on her paycheck.

So I wasn't sure if they would take like a week and a half out and leave some money on there, and take the rest next week or what. It's no big deal I guess...but a little bit stressful. I guess I'll find out when I get my check or whenever they make it so I can look at my paystub on the hub! (*annoyed*)

The more important thing is that I know whether or not I need to pay the leftover rent from my pocket...cause I'd hate for someone to come knockin on my door wondering where my rent is!

But yeah, they've been cutting a lot of hours. CPs are contracted so they're guaranteed 30 hours I think. I was called last week and asked if I'd like an ADO, and I foolishly accepted without thinking, which is why I was under 30.

If this was for the pay period that ended yesterday then you can access your paycheck NOW using the Hub. Go through the work tab and click on *paycheck from home* I'm curious to see what happened.

Yeah, I can't access mine for some reason =(

I've talked to Cast Services, and they're looking into the matter. It's really annoying. I can't look at my paycheck and I can't change my address or sign up for direct deposit. I have no idea why, but it's really aggravating.

My cast services manager came to talk to me the other day and I asked about the hours. . .I have 32 this week and 30 next, and she was like, well, you're only guaranteed 30. you're not here to make money, just be able to pay for rent and transportation.

I looked at her and said I'm not even breaking even. and I have a second job that i can't quite work because of our "open availability"

yet, full timers in my area are fine and dandy on hours.

You know, that's sort of aggravating to me.
People aren't getting hours, and there's signs everywhere in my area encouraging people to sign up for ERs
And yet, every day next week I work a 9 or 10 hour day. And I'd think, if the money was such an issue, they'd give a lot of people like normal shifts and avoid the overtime? But then again...what do I know? And I guess it is a peak time...but still....

Is there anyway you can pick up extra shifts to cover what your missing?

I've talked to Cast Services, and they're looking into the matter. It's really annoying. I can't look at my paycheck and I can't change my address or sign up for direct deposit. I have no idea why, but it's really aggravating.

That's weird that you can't get to your paycheck!! You cannot access your address or direct deposit items from home, only at a work computer... maybe that's why?

did you call tech support, I had the same problem, partially because i came from campus rep to CP. . .they fixed it. Direct Deposit might have to be done from work though once it all is fixed. . .

Well, I went to cast services the other day and they said that there was a problem with the hub and there was nothing they could do for me at the time, because of the overall problem that was ocurring. So I was supposed to check back when they could isolate the problem. So I'll probably go back tomorrow and see about it.

My cast services manager came to talk to me the other day and I asked about the hours. . .I have 32 this week and 30 next, and she was like, well, you're only guaranteed 30. you're not here to make money, just be able to pay for rent and transportation.

I looked at her and said I'm not even breaking even. and I have a second job that i can't quite work because of our "open availability"

yet, full timers in my area are fine and dandy on hours.

I like Disney theme parks, but they had better watch themselves with this college program. The tide is starting to turn with an administration more favorable to labor, and unions do not take kindly to exploitation of college "interns" who are contributing to the income of the companies that they work for.

Another thing is that parents will start to balk if they know that their children are working for Disney and yet calling home for money to pay rent to Disney.

I like Disney theme parks, but they had better watch themselves with this college program. The tide is starting to turn with an administration more favorable to labor, and unions do not take kindly to exploitation of college "interns" who are contributing to the income of the companies that they work for.

Another thing is that parents will start to balk if they know that their children are working for Disney and yet calling home for money to pay rent to Disney.

I have been given the opportunity to interview for a position with the atlanta braves during my CP. . .I'm going to see if I can get that position, if not, i'm going to have a chat with the CP office. . .

Most places can't evict you without going to court. So just pay what you can now and pay the rest later. You may get charged a late fee but you will be ok
The difference is you aren't "renting" an apartment per say. It's closer to subleasing and Price Management owns the apartment. So if they wanted to they can (and very often do) kick you out at any time. It's all in that very long contract you sign. However you wont have a late fee for paying late, so she can rest easy.

So I wasn't sure if they would take like a week and a half out and leave some money on there, and take the rest next week or what. It's no big deal I guess...but a little bit stressful. I guess I'll find out when I get my check or whenever they make it so I can look at my paystub on the hub! (*annoyed*)

The more important thing is that I know whether or not I need to pay the leftover rent from my pocket...cause I'd hate for someone to come knockin on my door wondering where my rent is!

They definitely aren't going to have you pay for your rent out of pocket. And I believe since it's your double rent week they will take the amount and then the remaining next week. Otherwise you would just constantly owe rent (you aren't likely to be able to pay 3 weeks of rent next week so then you would owe for 4 weeks the next and so on.

I have been given the opportunity to interview for a position with the atlanta braves during my CP. . .I'm going to see if I can get that position, if not, i'm going to have a chat with the CP office. . .

Hopefully that isnt the same position my friend got out there. He had to go through 2 interviews to get a position out there when the Braves come in for training camp and it consisted of him standing in a parking lot for 8-10 hours a day making sure the media trucks didnt park in the handicap parking area.

Hopefully that isnt the same position my friend got out there. He had to go through 2 interviews to get a position out there when the Braves come in for training camp and it consisted of him standing in a parking lot for 8-10 hours a day making sure the media trucks didnt park in the handicap parking area.

well, I believe that it's a new internship, this is the first time they've done it. and if it pays more than 7.21/hr and i get more than 30 hours a week, i'll be doing better than i'm doing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter