• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ugly Quebecois Stay Home!!

But it's acceptable for rich people, and their teenage children, to kill "big game" animals?

Not just the rich hunt. Hunting even big game doesn't usually mean beating them with a plastic shovel. Also seagulls are protected in Delaware so it is illegal to kill them. If big game are legal to take where these "rich people" are hunting then that is up to them to decide if it is morally right or not. Also most big game hunts are to help cull a heard or take out a very sick animal in a conservation effort. Other hunting of big game (bears come to mind) is for meat. I don't lump all hunters in as bad no matter their social economic level. However the care a good hunter takes to make sure it is a quick as a death as possible is very different the beating a bird with a shovel.

I think the child endangerment was probably because he was encouraging her to do something illegal and also laughed at her and taunted her that now she was headed to jail.
You know what? That was my fault. Didn't even read the second link (figured they'd both say the same thing), but I did just now. That's pretty disturbing. He's disturbing.

Quebec tourists go to Delaware beaches too??

I know there are still plenty in Wildwood and Cape May County in New Jersey. Not like the hordes that used to invade in the 1970s and 80s, but still a healthy amount.

I saw an Ontario license plate in Ocean City, NJ last week, but no "je me souviens."

They sure do. Not as prevalent as South Jersey beaches, but it's not uncommon to see Quebec plates in Delaware beach towns.

Besides, it's just a 90 minute ferry ride away.

Just curious Red - what made you decide to identify the miscreants as Québécois instead of Canadians in your thread title?

ETA: For Aliceacc - pretty sure the title is a riff on the "ugly American" slur that's sometimes flung at tourists visiting Europe and other areas when cultural differences make you appear to be ill-mannered.

Yes, it was a riff on the Ugly American slur. Originally I DID have Ugly Canadians in the tile. Not exactly sure why I changed it. Probably because 99.9% of Canadian tourists who visit Rehoboth are from Quebec. Didn't want to disparage my friends from Alberta.

I noticed they brought up the fact that he was drinking alcohol. Is that illegal or summat? I thought alcohol was fine for the most part. I only ask since I don't frequent beaches and thought it was common practice. Plus, child endangerment because he was drinking or was it something else? 'Cause wouldn't all children at home be endangered when parents drink wine/beer then? Just curious.

Alcohol is prohibited on all public beaches in Delaware, but the law is frequently violated. As long as you're discrete and don't get obnoxious and cause a disturbance, no one really cares if you drink on the beach.

Hope that Dad wasn't wearing a speedo.

It seems the only men who wear Speedos anymore are the ones who shouldn't be.

Wow, there are a lot of judgemental people on the boards now. I notice that you used the term Quebecois which is a person from Quebec who speaks French. Are you bothered by the language? As for the speedo, anyone with a bit of additional weight around the midsection wearing a speedo is likely to cause some people to cringe. It isn't just Quebec. Unless you are saying that all people from Quebec are overweight, which I find hard to believe. I have heard that people who repeatedly point out the flaws in others have their own insecurities that they are trying to mask. Just saying.

As for killing a seagull, at least they didn't kill a bear with a spear or an endangered species, like a lion (or two). And lets not forget athletes who tell fibs. Class acts.

Wow, there are a lot of judgemental people on the boards now. I notice that you used the term Quebecois which is a person from Quebec who speaks French. Are you bothered by the language? As for the speedo, anyone with a bit of additional weight around the midsection wearing a speedo is likely to cause some people to cringe. It isn't just Quebec. Unless you are saying that all people from Quebec are overweight, which I find hard to believe. I have heard that people who repeatedly point out the flaws in others have their own insecurities that they are trying to mask. Just saying.

As for killing a seagull, at least they didn't kill a bear with a spear or an endangered species, like a lion (or two). And lets not forget athletes who tell fibs. Class acts.

Can you imagine how quickly a thread would explode if the title started out Ugly Americans. I was going to post the link with the bear/spear story but know there's no point..

The girl needs a psychiatric evaluation. There's something very, very wrong there. I cannot think of even one girl, in my 48 years of living, that at 13yo would even think to do that, or be able to bring themselves to do that even if they were told to do it.

Aptly put - and 100% applicable to everything you wrote.^^

Last edited:

That's probably why I chose that term rather than Canadian.

So what insecurities are you trying to mask? Just saying.

Sure, just an insignificant seagull, which just happens to be a protected species here. No big deal, huh?

That title is offensive, OP.

The father and daughter involved here are Ugly Quebecois. So be offended.

How about "horrible humans"? Does it really matter where they were from? Its not her nationality but her actions.

I assumed the pp talking about big game was referring to the young girl that hunted and killed the giraffe. I haven't heard anything about a bear and a spear. But most of those big game hunts do provide food for villages in the area. Just as hunting here in the states does. So a very different thing.

In defense of the op, you can't deny that there have been plenty of posts around here that have made digs at Americans.

How about "horrible humans"? Does it really matter where they were from? Its not her nationality but her actions.

I assumed the pp talking about big game was referring to the young girl that hunted and killed the giraffe. I haven't heard anything about a bear and a spear. But most of those big game hunts do provide food for villages in the area. Just as hunting here in the states does. So a very different thing.

In defense of the op, you can't deny that there have been plenty of posts around here that have made digs at Americans.
The bear and spear reference was actually in regard to a recent news story here in Alberta (a province on the other side of the country from Quebec). Spear hunting is legal in Canada but quite a hot-button issue for animal rights groups, which is why it made the national news, as these things tend to do periodically. Way too obscure for any of you to have heard of it, for sure, but I think it was an effort on that posters part to defend her outrage over the OP having specified people from Quebec (French-speakers at that) over all Canadians in general.

Last edited:
The bear and spear reference was actually in regard to a recent news story here in Alberta (a province on the other side of the country from Quebec). Spear hunting is legal in Canada but quite a hot-button issue for animal rights groups, which is why it made the news. Way too obscure for any of you to have heard of it, for sure, but I think it was an effort on that posters part to defend her outrage over the OP having specified people from Quebec (French-speakers at that) over all Canadians in general.

That doesn't explain the story...at all. The reason the bear story was brought up was because a guy came up and went hunting for bear.. And used a spear. He attached a camera to the spear and had commentary going as the bear took off after it was hit. It was found dead or dying later on (totally only skimmed the story) but some people are pretty outraged over it.

Here's a link if anyone's interested

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/josh-bowmar-spear-hunting-bear?utm_term=.kmZa3KNbGN#.kmZa3KNbGN

The French Canadians (Quebecois) who vacation here (south Jersey shore) are notorious for being poor tippers. Ask just about any restaurant server.

Were the seagulls used to feed anyone?

Actually it is acceptable & legal for men, women, and kids to hunt all kinds of animals. And you do not have to be rich, just follow the rules by your local conservation dept.

Don Jr. and Eric along with Kendel (the cheerleader) didn't eat the leopards. You don't go out to kill those animals without a boatload of discretionary income.

As a huge animal lover I can certainly understand your feelings BUT a title like that makes the author UGLY.......just sayin Red!
Not everybody from everywhere is a good person. I have seen numerous cars in my Canadian city with American car plates burn red lights, stop signs, speaking on cell phones while driving (illegal here) etc.
All this could kill someone but never did i think to come here and post with a title as offensive as yours grouping everyone from one particular state together and telling them to stay home.
Hopefully the law will deal severely with this moron, perhaps banning him from entering the United States again.

As a Québécoise who always take the time to correct ugly cliché about americans (all americans are fat, dumb, racist, entitled, etc.), I have to say I don't like your choice of title. I'm pretty sure I have nothing in common with those people. You could have name the thread with something about people who hurts animals for fun?

Edit: I was so scared of what I was about to read when I saw the thread title :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter