Ugh - Virgin problems again! - hotel vouchers / dining plan

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Ok, trying to cut a long story short...

My dad booked a holiday through Virgin as a sole traveller as my mum wasn't initally sure if she could make it.
When mum found out she could come, we rang Virgin to add her to dad's booking, staying at Pop Century and flights.
Virgin advised they had to put her on a separate booking ref, so no accommodation shows on my mums invoices. Okay.

Then we add the dining plan on at a later date - we have a big hoohah with that, because my mum has no accommodation to add the plan to, but we settle for notes on my dad's invoice that my mum is sharing the accommodation with him and also has booked the dining plan. On my mum's invoice there is just a price line that says half board as this was the only way they could put this on apparently, no separate hotel or dining plan listing on the top part of the invoice.

Now the tickets have arrived, well dad's have and his hotel voucher shows the hotel and dining plan, and then has the notes on the bottom about my mum.
I'm presuming when my mum's tickets arrive, there won't be any hotel voucher in her pack.

Question is, when checking in at Pop, is my dad's voucher with the notes on the bottom going to be sufficient for them to happily check in my mum to the same room, with dining plan, or are we going to have issues???

Any ideas how I can best prepare for this eventuality when we all check in? I want as little fuss as possible!! :confused:

Virgin AHHHHHH- I would definately get in contact with the hotel, may be you could fax them the details you have and get written conformation that all will be well.

I am having trouble with them as well, I got the free limo/chef mickey dinner when we booked back in Jan but its a fly drive hol and we did not have our accom sorted back then, I have tried in vain to contact them and explain that they need this info so that the limo knbows where to pic us up. Each time they want to charge me to add this info to our booking, they also then say if anything is added to the booking its is then a new booking and the free limo/meal offer doesn't apply- In a virgins hols nightmare loop that I can't get out off.

I always say I will never use them again, they are always a hassel, but they always seem to have great prices when we book for Xmas time.

I don't have a fax machine, is there a number I could ring for Pop to check?

I don't think there is a Virgin rep at Pop, but is there also a US number for them that the hotel clerk could ring to verify if there are problems, or will they not be able to help matters?

I wonder if I should just have them ring the Virgin call centre if problems arise?

Ugh why can't it just be straight forward??!!!

google pop century number and you should get the number that way

When we last booked with VH we got an email from a rep in the USA asking if they could help before we went so you may well want to try and call/email them if you have a us number to check it out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter