Ugh ugh UGH! (warning Ranty mcRantypants inside)

sdarwkcabemanmy

<font color=blue>Not only do I not know what's goi
Dear ABC hat,
AuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUggggGGGGGGGhhhHHHHHHh!
In case you’re wondering, that is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when I realized I’d effed up somewhere because all of a sudden you started going all garter stitch on me when you were supposed to be stockinette stitch and I realized I would have to frog you yet again. And now the pretty yarn I’d picked out for you is all effed up too..there were so many knots and tangles that I had to clip the yarn to pieces and now it’s one big mess. Ugh ugh ugh!
I’m debating whether I should just toss the yarn, toss the cheap circulars (which were giving me problems as well) and go back to Hobby Lobby and purchase all new stuff. I don’t know if I should spring for more expensive circulars.
My inner Klingon is going “Hell yes you WILL spring for those nifty Addi Turbos, even if they cost you an arm and a leg. And you WILL buy new yarn that is the proper weight this time, you flaming idiot.”
I’m sorry I had to frog you yet again and I’m doubly sorry the pretty yarn is now more or less trash. :headache:

Try crochet ;)

Oh, and make sure to 'splain to the non-yarnies what frogging means, McRantyPants! :hug:

Frogging is when you have to take a project and rip it (get it..rip it..ribbit?
5.gif
)apart because you're having problems.
Garter is what you get when you just make ONE type of stitch over and over, usually the knit stitch. Stockinette is what you get when you make a row of knit stitches followed by a row of purl stitches.

Cute hat though, so it'll be worth it - after you take a deep breath or six.
Hang in there!

I love my circular needles. I bought the kit that comes in the case. It was expensive but I used the 40% off coupon and have a complete set of needles. It is worth it to splurge on good circulars.

LOL Not a knitter here, but a crocheter...so I definitely understand!!!

I just finished the baby blanket from h-e-double toothpicks! Most poorly written pattern I have ever encountered and I've been crocheting for 17 years. I ended up frogging the second round about 6 or 7 times -and it had about 376 stitches in it. Then I had to do the same with the 4th round a couple of times and even the final round was written in such a way that it took me a good 1/2 hour to figure out how to make it look like the picture.

Good luck with your hat. :)

Isn't knitting SUPPOSED to be all:angel: and peaceful..

I don't know diddly about knitting, but whenever I get frustrated & make a big mess I step away because the solution is usually just a cup of tea and a thought away. I say do nothing, clear you head and look at it again with fresh eyes when you're not so ticked off.

This is very good advice! I've been trying a lot of new patterns with new stitches lately and there have been a few times where I just had to set it down and leave it for a day, cuz I was getting so frustrated.

I wore those hats for almost 6 months when I was going through chemo in the winter. They really kept my head warm at night.
Some nice ladies make them and give them to the hospital to give to the newly bald.
I don't want to ever see one again though.

Dear ABC hat,
AuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUggggGGGGGGGhhhHHHHHHh!
In case you’re wondering, that is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when I realized I’d effed up somewhere because all of a sudden you started going all garter stitch on me when you were supposed to be stockinette stitch and I realized I would have to frog you yet again. And now the pretty yarn I’d picked out for you is all effed up too..there were so many knots and tangles that I had to clip the yarn to pieces and now it’s one big mess. Ugh ugh ugh!
I’m debating whether I should just toss the yarn, toss the cheap circulars (which were giving me problems as well) and go back to Hobby Lobby and purchase all new stuff. I don’t know if I should spring for more expensive circulars.
My inner Klingon is going “Hell yes you WILL spring for those nifty Addi Turbos, even if they cost you an arm and a leg. And you WILL buy new yarn that is the proper weight this time, you flaming idiot.”
I’m sorry I had to frog you yet again and I’m doubly sorry the pretty yarn is now more or less trash. :headache:

:grouphug:

I actually have no idea what's wrong, but you have given me the extremely amusing visual of a Klingon knitting, and for that I thank you - LOL!!!

I hope your project works out. :goodvibes

Treat yourself to the Addis. They are wonderful needles and all that I use now. I am waiting for the Sure Click Lace Needle set to come out. :goodvibes I will be getting those.

And just take it slow with the pattern and put it down when you get frustrated. When I get mad at my knitting, I move to a different project for a bit, and then come back. Oh, and I am a proponent of trying to make the pattern work rather than frogging.

Not a clue what you said in your post but you sound like you are having a frustrating day. Hang in there.

:grouphug:

I actually have no idea what's wrong, but you have given me the extremely amusing visual of a Klingon knitting, and for that I thank you - LOL!!!

I hope your project works out. :goodvibes

*bows*
You're welcome.
My inner Klingon is the one who keeps me on track and keeps me from giving up. She comes out a LOT when I'm working out, to keep me from quitting in the middle of a routine. :banana: And apparently she wants me not to give up on knitting either.:rotfl2:

I completely understand. I'm working on a large, lace shawl.... about 2/3 of the way done.

I was knitting while I was really tired on Weds. night and neglected to count my stitches at each pattern repeat. When I checked it yesterday, I had about 7 errors. I was able to fix them, purled the wrong side of my work, got 5 stitches from the end of the row and found a major error. I spent about 2 hours tinking (unknitting for those laymen out there) and still have about half a row to tink. Tinking over 800 stitches of lace... :scared1:

Frogging is when you have to take a project and rip it (get it..rip it..ribbit?
5.gif
)apart because you're having problems.
Garter is what you get when you just make ONE type of stitch over and over, usually the knit stitch. Stockinette is what you get when you make a row of knit stitches followed by a row of purl stitches.

I am sorry you are having problems

BUT

I am loving FROGGING - I never heard that before :rotfl:and I have done my share of it all the years I have been sewing and recently quilting.

Well..I've started over. Early this morning, I figured the messed up bits of yarn where I'd clipped it and tied it back together only went about 1/3rd of the way through the ball. SO...I grabbed a craft stick and started winding. I wound it all the way to the end and started knitting with the other end..the end that wasn't messed up.

I've also decided that although the pattern specifies you are supposed to knit in the round I'm going to knit it flat. I've gotten through the first five rows of stockinette and am on the second row of the ribbing. WOOHOO.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter