ugh, stupid football.

cindys_castle2011

<font color=deeppink> Gary Allan=♥ <font color=gre
I seriously think I hate high school football now. We came so close to loosing two of our players last night. It was an away game, my friend texted me and said "Kelsi, I cant believe what just happened at the game.. two of the players just got hauled off in stretchers." My first thought, oh my gosh, what if it was Damien, (which he's always been like a brother to me..) I texted back, and said "omg Bailey, who???" he said "Dustin and Damien" i started busting out crying, me and Dustin are cool, and like I said before Damien is like my big brother. I couldn't believe it. He said that they both has real bad concussions and had to get rushed to the hospital. When the game ended, Damien's best friend..Brian texted me, and was like "dont worry, the doctors said he should be okay, but they don't really know anything else yet." and then Garrett (my kinda crush) text me, and Dustins his best friend, so I knew he had it kinda bad. They was on the bus going back to the feild house, but when they got to it, Garrett was going back to the hospital which is about two hours away.. it was already about 12 by this time. Well I told him I would stay up and talk to him, for as long as he wished. When they got into the town, dustins mom had called and told them that they just signed out, so they met them somewhere then went home.. finally about 4am. Ive been texting Brian all morning, Damien woke up around 3am, and called him and all he said was that his head hurts and he can't wait for the game next friday, (dumb boys ;) ) When he first woke up, he didn't know his name, or where he was, but his mom said the first thing he said was i gotta call Brian. i haven't heard anything about him yet today, hopefully he's doing better. Im just sitting here waiting for a call from him.. So yeah football isn't really one of my favorite sports anymore.

=/
That's good that they're okay now.

I personally dislike the sport because it's all my school cares about and this kid I work with is on the team (but he's I don't think he ever plays) and he has like 5 days of the week off for football.
Which means I have to work a lot and I can't deal with that.
And I was almost told I couldn't have Halloween off. Like come on, I've called in sick once and have had maybe 6 days off for when my brother was home in AUGUST. And this kid who on the football team has had about 50 days off since school started and had several in the summer.
But luckily I got it off.

i understand. my ex boyfriend tore his r shoulder acl keeping in a soccer game a few years ago. and as much as you may love the sport, but hate that they play it, you have to support them, because they do love it.

i hope they continue to heal well, and everything works out for them. and i hope they win their next game. :)

I know how you feel. I'm friends with a few football players at my school. 3 of them were hauled off on stretchers last week. 1 has a torn ACL and MCL, 1 has a broken arm, and one has a concussion (one of my best friends). I know how it feels to get that message that says "OMG. so-and-so just got carried off the field".

It sucks. And as much as I love watching them play, I wish they wouldn't get hurt.

oh man! that's scary :hug:

i just went to my school's "friday night lights" game last night *we lost* but no one got too hurt couple twisted and sprained stuff but that's it

at the last JV game though my friend nick got a wicked bad concussion he hasn't played since he probably won't for a while

:hug:
At least they are alright.
And hoping they will get better.

I no how you feel on my sccr team this year our goalie got kicked in the face and recieved horrible concussion and a fractured skull which he had to get surgery on. Then on Thursday I got a concussion and whiplash which I still cant move my neck at all from, going up for a header and some kid taking my legs out.

That's really scary!

Last year, we had a kid in my grade who had to be heliacoptered out of the field to the hospital because they thought he was paralyzed. (I wasn't at the game though). I guess it was the way he was hit, then he just crumpled to the ground. He wasn't though, he was fine. He was out of school for a while to rest his neck/back. It was so scary!

That is so scary. I am really not much into football either and some of the reason is it is way too violent. I don't like seeing people get hurt.

I had a couple of small concussions during football...but I didnt realize until later. Now some days its kind of hard to think. Oh and I almost broke my ankle(it was a really bad twisted ankle) and my coach tried forcing to practice on it even though I was on crutches the whole week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter