UGH! Shopping for JEANS!

I also like the jeans from Loft, they have many different cuts of jeans (curvy, straight etc.) then you get to pick the leg fit (straight, skinny, boot etc.) My 13 year old daughter loves the curvy skinny jeans. If you wait for their 40% or even 50% online flash sales or a store sale you can get them for a good price.

I hate jeans. Ugh. But I found the sweetheart at Old Navy works for me. I swear I tried on 20 pairs of jeans.

My only problem with jeans and pants in general is the length. Holy heck, even the short length is some brands would require a 4-6 heal. I'm about 5'3" which is the high end of petite and it's still ridiculous.

I'm just under 5'2 and most petites are still too long! I love Not Your Daughters Jeans and I used to have a favorite style of Levi's but it was discontinued.

Sent from me.

So next to the #1 nightmare of buying a bathing suit JEANS shopping is a runner up.

It is God-awful for anyone w/o a perfect figure.

Last week I made the mistake of buying the one brand that I knew I could trust ( No, I did not try them on). Got home and put them on and GASP!!! High- waisted, a good one inch over my belly-button. And I had gotten such a great sales price too:mad:. I am not a Low-rise woman, I just want comfort and just at or slightly below the belly button is where there have to be- for me.

Well, I went out today and gave in, took 3 different styles into the dressing room and thankfully liked one enough to buy.

Good luck to everyone else!

Oh yea.

I am branching out to QVC and HSN. I am sick of the stuff in the stores.

I ordered some Denim and Co. 5 pocket jeans (QVC) and still waiting on them. I am hoping to find a line I like that is not low rise but also not too high waisted either.

Next pair will be from Diane Gilman and her DG2 line on HSN.

Happy hunting!

I'm 42 and I love the jeans at Buckle. I have some by BKE, Big Star, and Miss Me. And I like the sparkle, lol.

I like those as well but the 100-300 price tag on some of them are a little out of my league.

I do try and pick them up at the resale shops though.;)

ETA... Macy's sells Miss Me & Lucky now, so have not looked how much I can save using the 20% off coupon Macy's usually has out.

I swear by my Old Navy Sweetheart jeans. I have muscular thighs and a tiny waist so pants that fit in the legs gap at the waist. I had to buy a couple of "transition" pairs of jeans while I loose the rest of the baby weight, and found that they still fit perfectly in one size up from my usual size!

I swear by my Old Navy Sweetheart jeans. I have muscular thighs and a tiny waist so pants that fit in the legs gap at the waist. I had to buy a couple of "transition" pairs of jeans while I loose the rest of the baby weight, and found that they still fit perfectly in one size up from my usual size!

Same love for Old Navy Sweethearts here! We must be twins!

My only problem with jeans and pants in general is the length. Holy heck, even the short length is some brands would require a 4-6 heal. I'm about 5'3" which is the high end of petite and it's still ridiculous.

I had this same problem, I'm 5'3" as well. If you can, try Old Navy's short length. They fit me perfectly in the length and that has never happened in 28 years!

Same love for Old Navy Sweethearts here! We must be twins!

Kindred souls. :). I like the sweetheart also.

So next to the #1 nightmare of buying a bathing suit JEANS shopping is a runner up.

It is God-awful for anyone w/o a perfect figure.

Last week I made the mistake of buying the one brand that I knew I could trust ( No, I did not try them on). Got home and put them on and GASP!!! High- waisted, a good one inch over my belly-button. And I had gotten such a great sales price too:mad:. I am not a Low-rise woman, I just want comfort and just at or slightly below the belly button is where there have to be- for me.

Well, I went out today and gave in, took 3 different styles into the dressing room and thankfully liked one enough to buy.

Good luck to everyone else!

What did you end up buying (brand/style)? Sounds like we might have similar taste and body type. Hate the low rise, I have to keep yanking them up and they give me the dreaded muffin top. Can't stand over the belly button, high waste....not very flattering! I have never really loved shopping and especially not for swim suits or pants. Ugh. :sad1:

I have an hourglass figure, so I suffer from the dreaded "gap." I like to buy high-waisted jeans to diminish this problem. With all of my low-rise jeans I have to make sure I'm wearing a long top.

I was watching Dawson's Creek the other day and was marveling at Katie Holmes and all of crop tops that she could sport with low rise jeans. She would lean over and there was zero gap. Of course, if I was willing to pay for each pair of my jeans to be taken in at the waist, I could probably achieve the same feat (though I don't have the abs for a crop top lol).

I've had good luck with GAP, American Eagle, Aerie, and Aero as far as fit. I also have one pair of Target Merona jeans that fit like a dream.

What did you end up buying (brand/style)? Sounds like we might have similar taste and body type. Hate the low rise, I have to keep yanking them up and they give me the dreaded muffin top. Can't stand over the belly button, high waste....not very flattering! I have never really loved shopping and especially not for swim suits or pants. Ugh. :sad1:

ANA brand JCPenny
They ones I chose were dark, slim fitting in the leg, bootcut which I prefer, no bling on the butt , fit me right at the belly botton and I didn't have a muffin top at all and %spandex.

I took a good hard look at myself in the jeans I wore to the store. #1 don't like the light, washed out color. #2 don't want baggy in thigh. My legs aren't super big and they aren't thin either. I'll keep them for yard work:sad1:

I just went jean shopping today. I HATE shopping for jeans!!!!

I did score at Marshall's. I purchased a pair of Silver jeans for $19.99, and a pair of Seven7 jeans for $29.99. The Silver has some stitching on the back pockets, the Seven7 has some minor stud bling on the back flap pockets. Love how both pairs fit. Yea!!!!!

I have never owned either of these brands before. Just the right rise. I hate low, I hate high. These fit just right.

Thank goodness for a successful and easy shopping trip :thumbsup2

ANA brand JCPenny
They ones I chose were dark, slim fitting in the leg, bootcut which I prefer, no bling on the butt , fit me right at the belly botton and I didn't have a muffin top at all and %spandex.

I took a good hard look at myself in the jeans I wore to the store. #1 don't like the light, washed out color. #2 don't want baggy in thigh. My legs aren't super big and they aren't thin either. I'll keep them for yard work:sad1:

Thanks, will give those a whirl!
I'm off to JCP!
:drive:

Jean shopping is the worst! I actually prefer trying on bathing suits to jeans, that's how bad it is!

I am tall and leggy, and have to have a 36" inseam. So... First I have to find something really long, and only then can I worry about thighs, hips, waist. It's impossible! I also have wider hips but skinny thighs, so if it fits in one place, it usually will look weird somewhere else.

I do have luck at Gap and sometimes Old Navy. But that's about it unless I want Capri length!

I'm going to have to check out JCP. I need a higher rise to hold in the empty kangaroo pouch/saggy baby belly that never went away after #3... low rise are not pretty and frankly just fall down because they don't get over the widest part of my hips.

I was wearing Old Navy's Sweetheart jeans for a while, and before that the Flirt ones....great for my curves....got a tip from a stylist to move to the longs (I'm nearly 5'7" with long legs) and they were so perfect...giving me a smooth shape under shirts, until suddenly recently they seem to have reduced the rise, particularly in the front, by about 4". Not working. At all. Even when they worked though, I had to try every pair because they'd vary so much. One pair would be so big in the thighs I could flap 'em like wings and the next would be just right. Same size, same style.

Jeans are crazy, but I love 'em.

I've never really had a problem shopping for jeans. That being said, it totally depends on the store. I ALWAYS. Always. Get jeans from American Eagle. They just fit like, perfect. I've tried jeans on at Old Navy (ha! Never again) and Hollister (nope! Their jeans are way too skinny!) So I stick to American Eagle! My mom actually got me a pair of jeans for Christmas last year from Banana Republic, they fit really well!

I just took my dd out yesterday for jeans. She ended up with ON Flirt ones but even between the different washes those fit her differently.
We have found a pair here and there at other stores but nothing fits her perfectly.

I get pretty lucky with Lee's from Kohls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter