• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UGH.....rain while there in a week....

we'll be there from 6/5 to 6/12. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Been there a ton in the summer and it typically just rains in the afternoons. I can't remember a washout all day ever.
Every afternoon in the summer lol, never more than an hour. If you watch closely you can time to have lunch at that time. We used to get in line for Ellens Energy Adventure as it was a solid hour long time killer lol

Pretty normal, no need to adjust the wardrobe, other than you might sit in something after a rain that would affect the white shorts. We aren’t poncho people, but small travel umbrella for each person seems to work best for us as its an easy pack, and easy to use over and over. Ponchos are tough to work with, at least for me lol

last September we had rain so I grabbed our two ponchos before we left the hotel room. Apparently I had packed two Minnie Mouse ponchos. My husband rocked it like a trooper. :rotfl: :rotfl:

we'll be there from 6/5 to 6/12. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Been there a ton in the summer and it typically just rains in the afternoons. I can't remember an all day washout ever.
There are times a front will come through in the summer and it will rain all day. Doesn't happen a lot, but more frequent than people think.
We'll leave the hurricane rains for another time. 😉

There are times a front will come through in the summer and it will rain all day. Doesn't happen a lot, but more frequent than people think.
We'll leave the hurricane rains for another time. 😉
Some of my best Magic Kingdom days have come from when it rains most of the day with a few storms. A great time to relax and enjoy the parks without much crowd and enjoy the storms from a good spot. Maybe thats just me...

On the theme of rain, I learned when my daughter was younger to cover her stroller every single time we left it in stroller parking between noon and 5pm. Many times it bright, beautiful sun and we came out of an attraction to find the same but huge puddles on the ground.

I'd like to say we learned this early. Reality is I used to soak her stroller at least once a trip for the first few years. Lesson learned the hard way! Bonus was the stroller was clean! ;)

Get a trusty app like Dark Sky. It will tell you how long the rain will last each day. Like others have said, it's typically a quick shower in the summer but every now and then it'll be longer lasting so it's good to know when to wait it out or leave and take a break. The plus side is many will leave and the lines will get shorter.

LOL. Back in the car might as well be in your hotel room. Keep them in your backpack if you visit in the summer. It WILL rain.
I was thinking that. If it's in the car, it might as well not be there. If you think you will need it, carry it in your backpack.

That looks like the weather for almost every trip I've been on. The times it literally rained nonstop, all day, I can count on one hand. I've found the MyRadar app to be helpful in showing what is coming at you in the near future. Otherwise, wear quick dry clothing and bring extra shoes in case yours get wet.

Ex-floridian here =) ...just roll with it!! =) ...rainy days at disney are better imho - crowds are lower, you can really enjoy the place, photos are sometimes better (less washed out, more saturated color, shiny surfaces, etc)... go to walmart or hardware store - load up on disposable ponchos - dollar store has them too - min 1 per person per day - they are CHEAP and tear easy... if a lot of rain is forecast, bring 2 per person per day... just my advice. Make sure your backpack or handbag is waterproof. If not - bring some big ziplock bags from home in your luggage - BRING DRY SOCKS - seriously. Use water sandals or water sneakers instead of regular shoes - break them in first!! Strap on type - not the flipfloppy kind (they can fall off in rides, etc) Hats are good - shedding rain. Small umbrellas - again walmart or other cheap places NOT at disney =) ...but Mickey Ears in the rain still taste like Mickey Ears... just sayin

Make sure you pack two pairs of shoes, so if your shoes get soaked you can give them an extra day to dry. This is especially important if you aren’t wearing sandals (I can’t wear sandals without getting huge blisters, so I bring two pair of washable walking shoes). One afternoon last July I was at Epcot and it started raining so hard the water couldn’t drain from the walkways fast enough. It was up over the tops of my shoes and by the time I got back to the hotel, I still had a half inch of water in them. My clothes under the poncho were fine.

Been to Disney World 20+ times but never in June/July and I’m making 2 trips in the next 8 weeks.

I’m just assuming it will rain for an hour or two each day and be steamy and hot has heck.

Only have 1 park day on my trip next week 6/10-6/15 and I have the ponchos, will be wearing quick drying clothes, and just accept that my hands are in the weather Gods hands!

A 15 minute downpour I can handle... The few times I’ve been there during tropical storms (or nearby storms) where it downpours for an hour, that is just too much!

Been to Disney World 20+ times but never in June/July and I’m making 2 trips in the next 8 weeks.

I’m just assuming it will rain for an hour or two each day and be steamy and hot has heck.

Only have 1 park day on my trip next week 6/10-6/15 and I have the ponchos, will be wearing quick drying clothes, and just accept that my hands are in the weather Gods hands!

A 15 minute downpour I can handle... The few times I’ve been there during tropical storms (or nearby storms) where it downpours for an hour, that is just too much!
An hour isn’t too bad, even 2 hours can be okay. Just use that time and spend it at a restaurant and to people watch, or do a longer indoor ride. I still recommend a quality travel umbrella over ponchos but I appear to be in the minority. Either way, have fun!

I have had two trips where the rain just would not stop...one in June...while a quick shower isn’t bad, that day in day out rain was not great...pack some rain shoes...your feet suffer the most...I find the ponchos hot so I would recommend a light weight rain jacket...umbrellas are too much trouble...also if you take a park bag, make sure it is a waterproof bag...also waterproof makeup if you wear make up...I have a great pic with princesses at Akershus and me with raccoon eyes...cause of the rain...you can still have a great time, but it does take a little extra prep...

We are now in the wet season but if It rains it will be short lived.…usually a downpour in the late afternoon. Local weather ( WFTV ) said it would rain starting last night and rain all day today. So far it has not.

As a local we've had a very dry spring - the city I live in is currently under watering restrictions due to the lack of rain. Yesterday was our first afternoon rain shower in weeks and it lasted 5 minutes, no exaggeration. I wouldn't stress about it. Pack a few ponchos and I'd suggest bringing some cooling towels or a fan - as after even a brief shower the humidity gets worse. But you'll have a great time!

IMO, the rain during the summer is the best opportunity for outdoor queue rides. Pay attention- if you see rain coming, hit something indoors, by the time you are done- move quickly to an outdoor queue ride and it will be 25% of it's normal wait as the rain ends. It literally happens every day during the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter