ugh mini van prices for august will they ever go down??

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
they all seem to be at $700 even with codes very frustrating:scared1:
I am even considering renting 2 smaller cars to fit the 6 of us in :sad2:

About 2 weeks before your trip you may see a drop in prices. I flew to WDW in January and May this year and there were no bargains. Last minute fares were the best I could do a couple of weeks prior to departing. A few months ago Alamo was running a minivan special (which I booked for October, but August was not included). I have a trip in July, August, October, and December so I watch the rental car rates closely. Right now I'm booked for July and October with something I could live with. I'm still hunting for August, but my expectations are not high.

thanks for the heads up I will keep on checking especially when it gets closer to our trip :thumbsup2

Try hotwire.com. I was just on there and they have a minivan that can be rented at the Orlando airport for $391.

Does that help?

Minivan
Features
Automatic Transmission, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Air Bags, Anti-Lock Brakes, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo You're guaranteed a car from a major car-rental agency: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar (International only), Hertz, or National. You save big because you agree to learn the name of the car rental company after you book. Once you make your booking, we immediately complete your reservation and show you the rental agency name and details. Miles
Unlimited Seating
7 adults

$391 09
includes all applicable tax recovery charges and fees

Try hotwire.com. I was just on there and they have a minivan that can be rented at the Orlando airport for $391.

Does that help?

Minivan
Features
Automatic Transmission, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Air Bags, Anti-Lock Brakes, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo You're guaranteed a car from a major car-rental agency: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar (International only), Hertz, or National. You save big because you agree to learn the name of the car rental company after you book. Once you make your booking, we immediately complete your reservation and show you the rental agency name and details. Miles
Unlimited Seating
7 adults

$391 09
includes all applicable tax recovery charges and fees

I am looking for an August rental as well. I tried Hotwire, put in my dates, my get a gray screen?

I'm not sure when in August you are traveling but I just went to Dollar.com and used the code someone else suggested OOAG for Aug 15-22 and it gave me a rate of $375 with all the fees.

I'm not sure when in August you are traveling but I just went to Dollar.com and used the code someone else suggested OOAG for Aug 15-22 and it gave me a rate of $375 with all the fees.

I am August 1-11th out of Tampa. Which box do you put the code in?

I entered it in the Promo code box. The rate I quoted was from Orlando. I hope you get a good rate too.

I just got a minivan from Alamo for $227.07 (including all taxes and fees) for Aug 16-21 using a code from Costco and a coupon for a free day from the entertainment book.

Are you signed up for Alamo's emails? If so, watch about 6 weeks prior until 4 weeks prior to your trip - they often will offer minivans for $199/wk, but they go quickly at that price, so you have to stay on top of it! Good luck!

Orlando Magicard offers discounted rates for Thrifty and Dollar
You just have to use the codes and then print off a Magicard from the site.
I don't know what your dates are but for our trip in July I've found around $350 for a week for both companies.

Dollar: CD oi1054
Thrifty: Corporate #: 004M001010 (includes discounted rates, free unlimited mileage, free additional driver fee)

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/listings.cfm?searchCategory=transportation

I just did August 7-14 on Thrifty and got $349.47

they all seem to be at $700 even with codes very frustrating:scared1:
I am even considering renting 2 smaller cars to fit the 6 of us in :sad2:

I just called Alamo and was told code 7014266 could be used by anyone. I was given a quote of $227.07 (including all taxes and fees) for either a minivan or SUV for Aug 16-21 at MCO. I also used a coupon for a free day from the Entertainment book. I got the same price quote using Costco code 7014627 ...but you must be a Costco member. The base price was $206 for both codes. I hope this info can help others.

Mousesavers website has a section devoted to rental cars and rental codes.

I have used them multple times.

I just called Alamo and was told code 7014266 could be used by anyone. I was given a quote of $227.07 (including all taxes and fees) for either a minivan or SUV for Aug 16-21 at MCO. I also used a coupon for a free day from the Entertainment book. I got the same price quote using Costco code 7014627 ...but you must be a Costco member. The base price was $206 for both codes. I hope this info can help others.

Does the driver have to be the Costco member? We are traveling with my daughter and family and she is the member, but not the driver.

These are 2 very different codes. I am a Costco member and their discount code (w/o coupon) is over $500 for our dates for a midsize. This other code, 7014266, cuts it in half and includes all insurances. Typically codes that include all insurances are not meant for the general public.
It's not a "great deal" if you get to the exit gate and are asked to show proof that you can use this code legitimately, whatever that proof might be, and can't. (ex: TA ID, foreign passport, etc.)

Does the driver have to be the Costco member? We are traveling with my daughter and family and she is the member, but not the driver.

I don't really know. You could probably call Alamo and ask. I would think as long as you have a membership card and the person is in the car it should be ok. I have used the Costco code one other time was wasn't even asked to show my card. I guess it depends who is working there at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter