Ugh - Joy and Sadness line is Torture!

cel_disney

DIS Veteran
this is the slowest line EVER. It crawls at best. We have been in line for over an hour now and have 20-30 minutes more at this rate. Torture! I can only assume it's a very personalized meet and greet - similar to the original Anna and Elsa when they met together...

My DS and DH bailed - they have already been on Sum of all Thrills twice!

Yikes! I had been hoping to see them for our December trip (if they are still meeting by then), but with a line that long, no thanks! Good luck, hope the M&G is fantastic for you :)

So sorry!i think that's one of the roughest things about meets. At least with many rides, the queue is interesting and you keep scooting along. We can only hope it will be a fun interaction and make the wait worth it!! Good luck!

Did they display a wait time before you got in line? Was it accurate ? There is no way I would stand in an hour long line unless it was to meet Walt Disney himself.

There was no wait displayed...based on today's experience - I would say that if they are 1 row deep - that's about 25 minutes and then 10-15 more minutes for each additional row of waiting. Meeting them was very well done and we had several minutes with them. With a journey around the control room. But it was a long wait. Baymax is a much much much faster wait as he is basically just is a quick photo!

There was no wait displayed...based on today's experience - I would say that if they are 1 row deep - that's about 25 minutes and then 10-15 more minutes for each additional row of waiting. Meeting them was very well done and we had several minutes with them. With a journey around the control room. But it was a long wait. Baymax is a much much much faster wait as he is basically just is a quick photo!

Just curious what time you got in line...right at RD?

We got in line around 9:30 and got through by about 10:10 according to our photopass. I thought the line moved relatively smoothly. The original Baymax and Hiro M&G over at DHS felt like it moved much slower. The key may be to get there early and judge the time based on how much of the line room is filled.

It also seemed like they take longer breaks than most of the characters do. When we met them their first day, there was a solid 30 minutes that no one went into the room.

How often do they take breaks? Trying to figure out a plan of attack for meeting them next week...Epcot was supposed to be our late morning but my 4 year old is sooo excited to meet Joy and Sadness. I think first thing in the morning might be the best idea so we don't have a long line + break to deal with.

Did they display a wait time before you got in line? Was it accurate ? There is no way I would stand in an hour long line unless it was to meet Walt Disney himself.

They showed a 30 min wait when we got into line at 2:50 on April 7th, but we waited nearly 90 minutes. Almost bailed a few times, but we were fortunate to stand in line next to a nice family so we stuck it out. They really do need to address it, though. Honestly, I got a FP+ thinking it was for them, but only for Mickey and friends in the Character Spot across the way. They either need to provide FP+ options, or at least keep their guests better informed with a more accurate wait time. Being off by 20 minutes or so is one thing, but an hour?? Not cool.

Oh yikes! I have promised that if they are there in December I will take the girls to see them. I never break a promise, so I will take them, but I sure do hope that by then the line will not be LONG! IT sounds like you need to be there early!

Kinda like when Baymax first arrived at DHS.

When you think about it, crazy. Disney only has to make some costumes, decorate an empty room and pay a few CMs to create an hour line but build a whole attraction with lots of costs ..... and there are plenty in all the parks that have a less than 20 minute wait.

And, yes, guilty as charged in waiting for special characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter