UGH! How much time from POP to DTD?

kcrew

Gets a Warm, Fuzzy Feeling When Thinking about DIS
Okay I have no desire to go to DTD, but due to a mix up with my Disney Rewards Visa I will have to go the the Disney store if I want to get my rewards card! Can someone tell how much time I can expect to waste on this RT trek? I have $50 or so coming...is it worth the hassle, or not worth it for that amount? Is there a better route than RT POP?

Thanks.

On the resort bus, I think it usually took us about 20 minutes one way. I would make the trip...you could always stop and get an Earl of Sandwich!!! :rolleyes1

I think DTD is about 15 minutes from Pop by bus.

We love DTD and it's a great place to head to for an afternoon or evening. Have dinner, do a little shopping. It's great! :)

It might be a 15 minute direct ride but my guess is it stops at Typhoon Lagoon also as most of the DD buses too plus on the way back it will also make a second DD stop. Best case scneario the trip will take an hour and a half with your stop to deal with your problem.

Worst case can be more like double that.

I do not like taking the buses to DD at all.

Liz

Have you checked to see if they can have it delievered to the hotel? I'd think they might be able to, since they deliver packages all the time . . . .

If you really don't want to waste the time going there and you really won't shop or eat there, then take a cab. It cost us about $20 roundtrip from Caribbean Beach last year. Long story why we took a cab and all, but I would think it would be similar.

Although, do you really want to spend $20 when you're picking up $50? I would suck it up and take the bus. Plan a stop there for lunch or something, you might just like it.

kcrew said:
Okay I have no desire to go to DTD, but due to a mix up with my Disney Rewards Visa I will have to go the the Disney store if I want to get my rewards card! Can someone tell how much time I can expect to waste on this RT trek? I have $50 or so coming...is it worth the hassle, or not worth it for that amount? Is there a better route than RT POP?

Thanks.

they mailed my rewards card to me. So I would call the Disney store before you leave - I would hate for you to waste your time.

I don't think the disney store gives these things out???? I could be wrong.

I would say easily a wait and drive time of 30-45 minutes to get to DD from POP or most other hotels for that matter. On our last two trips(WL and CBR) we went to DD the first night(had arrived midafternoon) it took a long time from both resorts, far longer then it should have. For some reason the bus sistuation to DD seems far worse then anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter