Ugh. Canceled shows - V, The Event, Lie to Me

I'm bummed that "V" got cancelled. I thought that the second season was getting very interesting.

At least "Stargate: Universe" got to throw together a quick ending episode. I wasn't thrilled with it, but at least they tried to tie it up.

We watched "Flash Forward" last year, too, and wished it hadn't gotten cancelled. I still want to know whether he made it onto the helicopter when he jumped out the window or not. LOL In my mind, he definitely made it. LOL

I'm VERY relieved that "Fringe" got renewed for Season 4. :thumbsup2

We started watching "Hawaii 5-0" late in the season but got caught up by watching OnDemand. I like that show for a few different reasons, not least of all for the nostalgia factor of watching it with my mom when I was a kid. :cloud9:

they keep cancelling good shows to to produce more reality show. Who really wants to see more the people acting stupid. I mean many more shows do we need that make people out to be fools. Tv to me is an excape from my stressful day, I could care less who picks who to to marry. Give me a break.

Event is definitely cancelled! I really wanna know how it ends!

DH has recorded the current season and we have yet to watch it. I'm wondering if it's even worth it now.

He's going to be disappointed about V though.

Dang it. I liked V. Diana coming back so she can whoop up on Anna. but noo............... lol.

That's like a few years I like Invasion with Eddie Cibrian, got into that show, they had the season finale and turned into the series finale cause it was cancelled.

At least "Stargate: Universe" got to throw together a quick ending episode. I wasn't thrilled with it, but at least they tried to tie it up.
As I understand it, all episodes were filmed prior to cancellation. The ending episode that we saw was actually just supposed to be a season ender. In the fall we would learn if they made it to the next galaxy, if Eli fixed his pod and survived, and what Earth's status is. With the cancellation and decision not to make the promised follow-up movie, all of that will remain unresolved.

Me too! But the season finale (which turned out to be the series finale) was great for a final episode. I'm really going to miss that show. I want to be a Walker! lol

I agree. I loved this show, but I thought at the end of the finale, "Wow, that was a good ending. No loose ends (well, basically), everyone is happy and at peace for a change, things are going well for all." Then I thought, "Hmm, that's suspicious for a season finale cause we're not left to wonder about anything, and given last year's cliff hanger, well...." Now I see why!

I just read a couple of hours ago that "Happy Endings" (ABC comedy which was on the bubble) has been given a second chance, and I am THRILLED. That show gets funnier and funnier -- actual LOL stuff. DS & I have had to rewind several times just to watch seriously funny moments again. I haven't laughed so much during a sitcom in a long time -- so glad they're keeping this one (for now!) :goodvibes

I'm with you, OP. Last year, I put my rule about never watching a first season aside to watch Flash Forward and, of course, it was cancelled. So, now I'm back to never watching a network series in its first couple of seasons. If something sounds intriguing, I catch up on On Demand or on dvd once the show is established.

Thank heavens for HBO and SHO series. :thumbsup2

Well, all of my shows are safe (at least for this year). Sanctuary, Eureka, Haven, Warehouse 13... yea, there is a theme there.

The fact that these series were cancelled really makes me not want to even give Terra Nova, Alcatraz, The River, or Pan Am a try. I just feel like what's the point? I don't have a Nielsen box in my house so it's not like I'll make any difference in the ratings.

I'm tired of picking up new series on network tv and having them knocked down. I'll just stick with AMC and the premium channels.

So how does the Neilsen ratings thing work when people use DVRs so much now? Does it count things you are recording? I rarely watch live tv these days.

Event was in the wrong time slot. And, the storyline was not believable.

I don't think anyone thought the storyline was believable. Becoming gradually more convoluted? Yes. But most TV shows are not believable - particularly science fiction and fantasy ones. Even lots of non-fantastical shows and some "reality" ones are not believable.

Even though V was cancelled, I am so happy One Tree Hill was renewed!!!! I thought all season long that this was supposed to be the last season and this weeks show really could have been a series finale, but I am thrilled there will be more!

So how does the Neilsen ratings thing work when people use DVRs so much now? Does it count things you are recording? I rarely watch live tv these days.

We got Nielsen diaries last year so we got to be a Nielsen family for a week. We were able to indicate if we were watching a show live or DVR'd from a previous day.

As for the cancelled series, I'm really upset about Lie to Me, and marginally disappointed about Off the Map, but none of the other shows were anything I watched. My poor husband though! He got so distressed reading the list, because he loved Human Target, and enjoyed the first few episodes of The Cape, and had liked the first (and I guess only?) season of the Next Great Restaurant show with Bobby Flay. And I was so prepared for Fringe to get axed...so excited it will be back next season!

Well, all of my shows are safe (at least for this year). Sanctuary, Eureka, Haven, Warehouse 13... yea, there is a theme there.

I have the same theme except I just can't get into Eureka. I particularly love Warehouse 13.

We got Nielsen diaries last year so we got to be a Nielsen family for a week. We were able to indicate if we were watching a show live or DVR'd from a previous day.

As for the cancelled series, I'm really upset about Lie to Me, and marginally disappointed about Off the Map, but none of the other shows were anything I watched. My poor husband though! He got so distressed reading the list, because he loved Human Target, and enjoyed the first few episodes of The Cape, and had liked the first (and I guess only?) season of the Next Great Restaurant show with Bobby Flay. And I was so prepared for Fringe to get axed...so excited it will be back next season!

I didn't realize America's Next Great Restaurant wasn't going to happen again. I am disappointed because my 12 year old LOVED that show. He and I would watch it together every week.

As I understand it, all episodes were filmed prior to cancellation. The ending episode that we saw was actually just supposed to be a season ender. In the fall we would learn if they made it to the next galaxy, if Eli fixed his pod and survived, and what Earth's status is. With the cancellation and decision not to make the promised follow-up movie, all of that will remain unresolved.

Thanks for that info, I didn't realize that it was meant to be a season finale'. I would've LOVED to see what Eli did during those next couple of weeks! He was my favorite character. We've saved the last episode on our DVR and we're actually re-watching it right now. :3dglasses

I watched "No Ordinary Family" and LOVED it, as I liked %$#My Dad Says, and Chase, and Terriers, and Law and Order LA after they killed off whats his name, and Better with you was a good show too. Looks like I will be watching USA SHO and HBO from now on!:headache::sad2:

they keep cancelling good shows to to produce more reality show. Who really wants to see more the people acting stupid.
Unfortunately, lots of people do, and what's worse, those shows cost so much less to produce that it takes fewer people who like them to justify their place in the schedule. It's really incumbent on those of us who like scripted programming to convert more viewers back to scripted programming, or like any shrinking group of people, we're going to get a lot less offered to us in the future.

They are counting DVR watching now, but separately, and advertisers know what an increasingly high number of people using DVRs are skipping the commercials, so the value of the television program is likely reduced as a result. We can't forget that the thing that justified providing us good television to watch is how much people allow television commercials to affect their buying decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter