UGGHHH!!! Someone just make this stroller decision for me...

FeatureFoil

Earning My Ears
I know, everyone has a love/hate for a good stroller thread but bear with me. :lmao:

We leave on the 8th. :cool1:

Players include an 7 year old (will do fine), a 5 year old (should do fine), and a 2 year old.

Which option would you pick?

1. Bring a Maclaren Single - minimal storage space for sweatshirts, assuming we will be layering clothes.

2. Borrow my sisters BOB single - Do these collapse easily? How is storage? How will it do at the gate check?

3. Rent a Citi mini Single thing from Kingdom Strollers.

4. Rent a Citi Mini Twin assuming the 5 year old tends to meander and may want breaks.

Thank you in advance!!!!:banana:

If I were in your shoes I would rent the City Mini double. we just did Disneyland with our 3 kids and our soon to be 5 year old rode frequently. Not only did she get tired, sometimes she was just so slow that it was more efficient to have her in the double with our 1 year old.

Rent the City Mini Double. We took ours for our twins this past October (they will be 5 in January). You won't regret it :)

100% get a double. One of the main reasons I use one is to protect my DD5 when the crowds get a little agressive during/ after fireworks and parades. She likes sitting and taking breaks but its great to be able to put her in and know she's safe next to her little brother.

No brainer. Rent city mini double. And when I had three that age I brought my umbrella single from home. Used thru airport for little one and gate check on plane.

Another vote for the cm double. A whiny preschooler/5 yr is not fun! The double will give you ALL a break.

To piggy back on this thread and for future reference, I will be going next year with a 3 and 5 1/2 yr old. Will the mini double be big enough to accommodate them? They sure didn't look very comfy squashed into the double stroller they rent at WDW this year.

Take the MacClaren and rent a double in Epcot for the day. We did WDW when our kids were the same ages and the Mac was perfect - until we hit Epcot and the 5 year old just couldn't do it so we called in reinforcements.

Good Luck!

If you are going to be using Disney transportation I would bring along my own 2nd stroller. A cheap umbrella stroller with a sun shade should work fine for when the 5 year old needs a stroller. This way it is easier to transport on and off the buses than a double stroller and you save some money as well.

Rent a double. We rented a citi mini double this summer from orlando strollers

We had a 10 year old, a 8 year old and a 6 year old.

My 3 are small for their age so all fell within the weight limits.

The 6 year old rode the most. The 8 year old hopped in and out and once or twice, the 10 year old took a break.

I'm at Disney world right now with a 2 and 5 year old. We rented the double GT and it has prevented many meltdowns and saved our backs! So worth it!!!

How does the city mini double work on the busses and trams? (We aren't going in high crowd season.) we used a sit and stand this year, but the kids are outgrowing the seat in front.

If it hasn't been confirmed yet, rent the double. It will make it easier on everyone. I think my DD took breaks when she was 6 in a stroller. Unless you are limiting the time in the parks, having the ability to give them some breaks makes everyone a little happier.

Another vote for renting a double. Even if the 5 yr old doesn't ride it will give you extra storage space too.

GusGus77 said:
How does the city mini double work on the busses and trams? (We aren't going in high crowd season.) we used a sit and stand this year, but the kids are outgrowing the seat in front.

It folds nicely. Has a fast fold option and folds in half.

I would rent a double as well. The 5 year old will be much more likely to want to take the breaks and ride with the 2 year old getting to ride all the time. That time of year too its nice to have a place for them to sit comfortably while waiting for parades, fireworks, etc. I have been with my cousins (always 4 little ones varying in age) a few times when they were all around that age and we even had the 7, 8 and 9 year olds taking breaks in the double Disney stroller :rotfl:. They were a little squished but a drink, snack and a 15min ride did wonders for their attitudes!

It folds nicely. Has a fast fold option and folds in half.

I rented a double citi mini last trip, and while it does fold easily, it is still big and a royal pain on the buses. There is just no where to put them. It doesn't fit under the seats, so you are left with holding it on your lap (very difficult if not impossible) or having it take the whole aisle, or a row of seats. It was enough of a pain that we took one bus, from the Contemporary to HS, then walked to Epcot to avoid having to fold the stroller again. After that, we stuck with the monorail.

Now, my oldest is 6, and I'm torn. She'll do ok, but is not a big walker. I'll probably rent a single and the little standing glider board to hook up to the back.

To piggy back on this thread and for future reference, I will be going next year with a 3 and 5 1/2 yr old. Will the mini double be big enough to accommodate them? They sure didn't look very comfy squashed into the double stroller they rent at WDW this year.

I rented the Citi Mini Double from Orlando Strollers a few weeks ago and loved it!!! My kids are 4(petite/average size) and 6 (a little tall-ish but only 48 lbs) I did have to remind my DS6 to keep his feet in, but for manuevering through crowds, waiting for buses, or just getting anywhere quicker than we would have in general with him walking, it was great!!! Plus many nights they fell asleep in it while we waited for crowds to thin out instead of suffering through the "mass exodus" after fireworks!!!

ETA: I do agree that it can be a bit cumbersome on the buses, but we found if we stood it on end in front of us we could hold it with one hand while holding one child on our lap (even a sleeping child). I do have to say that it is WDW, and almost EVERYONE is understanding about the stroller, and many times random strangers would lend a hand when we were juggling stroller, kids and my ECV!!! "Sorry, Please, and Thank You" go a looong looong way!!!

ETA: I do agree that it can be a bit cumbersome on the buses, but we found if we stood it on end in front of us we could hold it with one hand while holding one child on our lap (even a sleeping child). I do have to say that it is WDW, and almost EVERYONE is understanding about the stroller, and many times random strangers would lend a hand when we were juggling stroller, kids and my ECV!!! "Sorry, Please, and Thank You" go a looong looong way!!!

I'll have to try that, as I just rented a double. I used Kingdom. Also got some water, and don't have to pay the crazy grocery delivery price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter