• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UGG boots - - have you ever seen them on sale?

I was listening to the radio recently where there was a fashion person talking about UGGs going out of style this winter......

For those of you who have trendy daughters, are these boots still the rage??:confused:
Just wondering....

(no flames please) :rolleyes:

I was listening to the radio recently where there was a fashion person talking about UGGs going out of style this winter......

For those of you who have trendy daughters, are these boots still the rage??:confused:
Just wondering....

I think that Uggs are going out of style in the warmer climates where all the celebs were wearing them with shorts.

If you live in an area that has COLD winters, I truly don't see them going out of style for quite a while.

Uggs just opened a boutique on Michigan Avenue (well not quite Michigan Ave, but one block west of it on Rush street), and they are jam packed all the time.

I think it may not be "fashionable" for adults. I think that trends tend to hit kids a little after adults. My daughter does care about what is 'in' but she tends to like things her friends do and vice versa.

right now uggs are pretty big but most parents won't get them for their daughters. they jsut cost too much money. my DD wears them to and from dance and also to school. they aren't practical for playing in the snow so she wears target snow boots. it's no skin off her back.
One thing that is trending up here are rain boots. Specificlly Kamik rain boots. you shoudl check them out on zappos. they are great and not like other rubber rain boots. They have a fabric lining which makes them much mroe enjoyable to wear.

DD has a pair that i found on at a local store for only $18! normally kids version are $30 and the adult version are $59!

Lara

Just wondering....

Just had to chime in here....

I remember when Uggs were the really big thing with celebs (maybe 5 years ago or more?) and they were on the covers of Us and People etc. I bought some really cheap knockoffs at Kmart that year (in Pink no less!) that my daughters thought were hideous at the time.

Flash forward maybe 2 years, everyone in middle school is wearing real Uggs. I tell my girls that the trend is dying out and they are too expensive to buy and no one will be wearing them the next year.

So course the next winter comes and all the girls in school are wearing Uggs again. I still tell my girls that they are going out of style, don't waste your money, no one will be wearing them next year.

Ok, it is next winter (last year). I finally break down and get them both Uggs as yes, all the girls are still wearing them. (Also their feet have pretty much stopped growing now). My biggest fear is that they will not be "out" since we bought them.

Well, here it is, with cooler temps in the NY area, the Uggs are back on the feet and my girls want another pair! To be fair, I don't see quite as many as 3 years ago but they are still "in" maybe not the really hot item they were before, but they are so comfy and warm and I think they look cute with jeans and they keep the girls feet warm at the bus stop.

Myself, I have the Costco version which are really warm and I don't have the need for the Ugg lable they way I would have when I was in middle/high school!

So, to summarize, I am still waiting for this trend to fade!! I was thinking that all the parents that spent the $$$ for these boot have told their kids to keep wearing them!

While the true Ugg style boot is not on celebs the way they used to be, the newer versions (the crochet look, fur on the outside etc) are still showing up in magazines that I have seen. The bottom line is that they are really warm when it is cold!!!!

We have an Ugg outlet here in MA. That might be an option.

I also work part-time at Off Broadway Shoes and we have a brand called Bear Paws. (You can google them.) They are made by the same guy who originally designed the Uggs and are half the price. They are also sheepskin lined and are quite popular around here. I bought my niece a pair for back-to-school. She didn't care that they weren't the official Uggs. She loves them.
:scared1: OMG I had no idea there was an outlet in ma...can you please tell me where it is
:banana:

whooppppsss sorry. I went back and read all the posts and found the answer...I was so excited I jumped the gun

Just a heads up Saks (online) is having a sale...

20% off UGG Footwear
Use code SAKSFF3 to take 20% off UGG Footwear at Saks Fifth Avenue. Code can also be used on other items.

HTH. :thumbsup2

THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!! for the Saks code.
I got 2 youth northface jackets and uggs.
In addition to the 20% off I was able to stack it with a free shipping code (FREESHIP) since my order was over $175!!
I also shipped it to my sisters in NJ ( I live in NY) so the kids don't find it before the holidays...so NO TAX EITHER!!

Happy Day for me!!

Ooooh! Thanks for the Saks code. If my DD wears a size 9-1/2 (adult), what size should I order for her? Thanks!

I was thinking about splurging and buying a pair for my daughter at college, who does a lot of walking in the cold and snow. But when I was looking at the descriptions at zappos, it sounds like the classic short ones (which seems to be the "in" thing for the college girls) aren't really meant for traipsing thru the snow. So, does anyone know what is popular with the college kids in cold, snowy weather? Also, I have a son in college in the same circumstances -- do college guys wear these too? I don't want to ask them, because this would be for Christmas. Can someone enlighten me please?

I was thinking about splurging and buying a pair for my daughter at college, who does a lot of walking in the cold and snow. But when I was looking at the descriptions at zappos, it sounds like the classic short ones (which seems to be the "in" thing for the college girls) aren't really meant for traipsing thru the snow. So, does anyone know what is popular with the college kids in cold, snowy weather? Also, I have a son in college in the same circumstances -- do college guys wear these too? I don't want to ask them, because this would be for Christmas. Can someone enlighten me please?

There are fine for traipsing in the snow, just not the puddles. I wear mine everywhere in the winter. Just get the waterproof spray. I go sledding with the kids with them on.

Also, for me, the classic short were too short, get the classic ones.

We have an Ugg outlet here in MA. That might be an option.

I also work part-time at Off Broadway Shoes and we have a brand called Bear Paws. (You can google them.) They are made by the same guy who originally designed the Uggs and are half the price. They are also sheepskin lined and are quite popular around here. I bought my niece a pair for back-to-school. She didn't care that they weren't the official Uggs. She loves them.

I love the Dis!!! :surfweb: I never knew this!

Could someone please tell me how the adult sizes run? Are they true to size? (Don't want to have to return them.)

I registered DD for Journeyz birthday club. She gets a coupon for 15% off to use in store. The coupons don't have an expiration date. (Her birthday is in August) I got her the tall classic in chocolate. Normally $136 but after coupon about $115.

It's the best i could do but better than nothing $20 savings is better than nothing. I am putting these away for DD for christmas. it's her big gift for Christmas.

Lara

Hi! I am searching for a pair of UGG boots for my daughter for Christmas, does anyone know of anywhere I can find the best price or a discount on them?
Thanks,
PammyPoppins

That is a good idea to get a pair of kids' Uggs for an adult. I am petite and sometimes I can fit into size 16 kids clothing. Never thought about doing that with shoes too. I have the fake ones for myself from Costco. :confused3

I just finally found a pair of kids Uggs for my daughter at a local store here. It took them months to get in and the owner said that there is a shortage from the manufacturer this year. They are selling like hot cakes around here. He said there was a woman in that morning that bought 2 pairs and her friend also bought 2 pairs.

I got hers for $89 short version kids color chestnut. Seems like no sand color this year. She is a size 2.5 in shoes and got a size 4 in Uggs. She wears them without socks too.

For those of you having difficulty locating Uggs in the stores....why not just buy them online at Zappos.com or Shoes.com? Both places offer free shipping, and free return shipping if the size isn't right. I ordered mine from Zappos a couple of days ago, and they are going to be delivered tomorrow.

A couple of people mentioned eBay...but most of the Uggs on there are fakes (they look nearly identical, but they're still fakes). There's another thread going on right now that discusses that.

Another thought....I originally bought a pair of the Bearpaws earlier this week at my local Marshalls. But, after wearing them around for awhile, they're rubbing the back of my heel badly. That's probably just me and my weird feet, lol. :confused3 But, I decided to order a pair of the "real" Uggs, and I'm hoping they don't do the same thing. Other than that, I was very happy with the Bearpaws. They're well made, and have real sheep shearling on the inside (some of the cheaper ones have synthetic lining). Best of all, they were only $39.99. I'm bummed that they didn't fit me properly.

http://www.uggbootsrus.com.au/catalog/index.php?osCsid=50c71eb3ab9d786195871a048c19eb03

I have ordered all my UGG's from here, they are genuine and good quality. They are from Australia so it will take from 4-9 days.

Their prices are decent as well. I would not order them from anywhere else. I have ordered 4 pairs from them since 2005 and they never let me down yet.

Those are not the trademarked Uggs boots. Uggs is a generic term, but the popular ones (the ones that the teens like) are actually made by the Deckers Company, mostly in China.

That's not to say they aren't nice boots, but for anyone buying them for a gift, the recipient might be disappointed.

edit: I meant to add....here's some info on identifying the real Ugg boots from the fakes. This was posted on another thread here. http://reviews.ebay.ca/How-to-spot-FAKE-UGG-BOOTS-PICTURE-COMPARISONS-UGGS_W0QQugidZ10000000003646113

Those are not the trademarked Uggs boots. Uggs is a generic term, but the popular ones (the ones that the teens like) are actually made by the Deckers Company, mostly in China.

That's not to say they aren't nice boots, but for anyone buying them for a gift, the recipient might be disappointed.

edit: I meant to add....here's some info on identifying the real Ugg boots from the fakes. This was posted on another thread here. http://reviews.ebay.ca/How-to-spot-...E-COMPARISONS-UGGS_W0QQugidZ10000000003646113

When I meant "genuine" I meant real sheepskin not the fake stuff other companies use to cheapen their prices. I did not mean to say they were the "actual/original" UGG. I should have clarified better. My apologies.

The only difference between some of them are the reinforced heel/toe, which I prefer. If you wear them alot the sole will fade hence rubbing the heel to the ground ruining your boots.

So yes, I can see where a teen might be disappointed. As I said in my post they are good quality. I will stick with that. My oldest pair are from the Decker Company, which if you read their disclaimer on the bottom of the page they tell you they are not to be confused with them. They aren't in the best of shape and I paid top dollar at the time and that is with the best of care for my boots. Besides, I tend to not buy from China if I can help it. I have always been that way, more so when I had my first child. :)

My apologies again if you were looking for the most "popular" UGG. :confused3The OP wanted a fairly decent priced UGG and that is what they offer.

If you want "real" UGG's your going to be paying top dollar no matter where you look.

Nice find on the article about real UGG's it is very informative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter