Uber newbie, please help

sdmom

Disney on the brain
Since we split stay between Disney resorts and Universal resorts, we have used a limo service for the 3 legs. Now that the cost is $180 before tip, I’m thinking about using the DME to get to our Disney resort and Uber for the other two legs.

There are 3 of us with luggage so, I guess I use UberXL to accommodate the luggage. Any other things to be aware of?

Thank you!

you could check out other car service companies.
i've never been charged the amount you have listed for yours.
i do a 3 leg set up each time.

use the ME to cut costs.
you have 3 other choices like you said for the other two legs of transportation you need.

Since we split stay between Disney resorts and Universal resorts, we have used a limo service for the 3 legs. Now that the cost is $180 before tip, I’m thinking about using the DME to get to our Disney resort and Uber for the other two legs.

There are 3 of us with luggage so, I guess I use UberXL to accommodate the luggage. Any other things to be aware of?

Thank you!

is uber now permitted to drop off at MCO?

find the taxi fare estimator to check current rates, but, subject to traffic, i'd think you'd be in the $100 range from WDW to Universal & then back to MCO.

When i was there in May, uber was not allowed to pick up at MCO but could drop off (I don't see how they can prevent them from dropping off).

We used uber when we switched hotels and it worked out great! We also used Uber for our ride to MCO. I love that I don't have to hassle with cash or tips. My Uber drivers have been fantastic :)

Here's a rough fare estimate:
From Universal to the airport:
uberX:
$18-24 uberXL: $33-44 UberSELECT: $43-57

from WDW to Universal:
uberX:
$13-18 uberXL: $25-34 UberSELECT: $33-44

If this is your first time with Uber, make sure you get a referral from another Uber member as you will get a $20 credit towards your first ride (the Uber member also gets a $20 credit).

Elaine- I have never used Uber but are going to use it from Universal to MCO. We are looking at going over to Disney for the Very Merry Mickey Christmas special ticket event. I know it shouldn't be a problem taking it there but even gets over at midnight. Will we have a problem getting a ride at midnight back to Universal?? Also can they drop you off and pick you up in front of Magic Kingdom or do they have to drop us of somewhere else and we walk? Thanks

I imagine Uber will be available after midnight since that is when parks close and people need transportation. What makes me feel more comfortable is knowing that at the worst, I can always get a regular Mears taxi - they are not my preference though as I have had several bad experiences.

As for dropoff/pickup at MK, it all depends on the driver. They are supposed to pay parking fees but many say they are doing a dropoff/pickup or have APs/are CMs and can go in and out of the parking areas easily.

At worst, go to the Contemporary or the TTC and they should not have a problem from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter