• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber-Going to the store..

We just rent a car from Alamo Dolphin for a day, have a meal off-site and shop as we like.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, we do. Unfortunately I found the drivers this year left a lot to be desired. :(
1st driver had a difficult time finding the the Boardwalk and watched the app while he kept driving around and around. He finally made it, but I had to give him directions to the Publix near Celebration.
When I called for pick up back to the BW, it was the same thing. Watched the 2nd driver as he kept going by the entrance, he finally found the store, but went the long way around.
He was also kind of scary to me. His vehicle was not that nice and he had quite a bit of personal stuff hanging in the car from the rear view mirror and some of the knobs. It was pictures of long swords and foreign writing. He got visibly irritated when I started giving him directions back to the BW. It was obvious to us that he did not want to take direction from a woman, so DH took over. He barely spoke any English so I don't think he would have gotten into the resort for a pick up.

Will we use Uber again? Yes. We used them 4 times and the other two were wonderful. But I will not get into a car again with that driver, especially alone or at night.

Yes, we do. Unfortunately I found the drivers this year left a lot to be desired. :(
1st driver had a difficult time finding the the Boardwalk and watched the app while he kept driving around and around. He finally made it, but I had to give him directions to the Publix near Celebration.
When I called for pick up back to the BW, it was the same thing. Watched the 2nd driver as he kept going by the entrance, he finally found the store, but went the long way around.
He was also kind of scary to me. His vehicle was not that nice and he had quite a bit of personal stuff hanging in the car from the rear view mirror and some of the knobs. It was pictures of long swords and foreign writing. He got visibly irritated when I started giving him directions back to the BW. It was obvious to us that he did not want to take direction from a woman, so DH took over. He barely spoke any English so I don't think he would have gotten into the resort for a pick up.

Will we use Uber again? Yes. We used them 4 times and the other two were wonderful. But I will not get into a car again with that driver, especially alone or at night.
Wow, sorry to hear that. It's unusual for an Uber experience to be so disappointing. I use Uber when I travel all the time. I've been fortunate to have nothing but great experiences. Typically they have great drivers with clean vehicles.

Lyft is good too. I check both for the best rate before booking my ride. Both are certainly way better than using a taxi.

I hope you gave an unfavorable rating for that driver. My son drives for uber, and he himself would not hesitate to give that driver a low rating if that was his experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter