Typical park hours the week after New Years?

Somegirl

Mouseketeer
Hi I'm thinking of visiting DLR the week after NYE. I'd like come down on Wed. The 2nd and stay for 3 nights, but if both parks close at 8 pm Wed. and Thurs then we'll come down on Thursday. Does anyone know what is typical at that time of year regarding park hours? Thank you.

Hi I'm thinking of visiting DLR the week after NYE. I'd like come down on Wed. The 2nd and stay for 3 nights, but if both parks close at 8 pm Wed. and Thurs then we'll come down on Thursday. Does anyone know what is typical at that time of year regarding park hours? Thank you.
Until the 6th of Jan, the hours will likely be 8am-11pm.

I have friends considering this time and I was under the impression that it is a very busy time. Not as busy as between Christmas and New Years but comparable to summer and spring.
Is that correct?

From what I have experienced, the week after NYE is a still a little busy.:crowded: Many schools are still in their Holiday break until after the first week of January and “Holidays at Disneyland” runs all the way until January 6, 2013. There will definitely be crowds, but if you are prepared for them you should be ok. Holiday time is my favorite time to go to DL, so I highly recommend it. ::yes::

HTH,
Kriss pirate:

Thank you for the replies. I expect it to be busy, we always travel at a busy time, summer or spring break, so we know how to handle the crowds. If DLR hours are late during that week we might as well go earlier in the week vs. later. We've never seen the parks decorated for Christmas so we are really looking forward to it. I need to make my res at the Candy Cane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter