• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typical October weather

Ariel Lover

Earning My Ears
We are just back from the Wonder and are already planning our next trip. We are considering a 7-day trip in October. I know that can be a rainy month in Florida (I grew there). How is it in the islands? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!:)

October falls during Hurricane Season, and the first half of October is still within what I consider to be the peak activity portion of the season, so you have some potential to be diverted or rerouted to different ports.

Other than that, you can expect weather to be in the 70's/80's.

We cruised the Magic Oct. 2001. I would say it was WELL into the high 80s each day, with extremely high humidity. We had a verandah room and could NEVER leave the door open to our cabin, due to the humidity.

I cruised last October, 2001.. Our temperatures were nice, but VERY rough seas. The islands were GREAT, but we missed St. Maarten, and went to San Juan instead,and Castawy Cay twice due to a bad tropical storm. Our seas were pretty rough most of the time,and for a few days, we had seas with 15-18 foot swells. And one day was so bad and rough, we stayed in our room most of the day. We went up to dinner and didn't stay, so we went back down to our room. I was very nervous that one day (Thursday). When my husband ventured out for a walk, he said people were throwing up EVERYWHERE, in the stairs, on the floors. I can't wait to try again, but in a different month.I'll never do an October cruise again. BUT, the temperatures were very nice I must say. If stormy seas don't scare you any, October is the month for you otherwise.

We are so looking forward to our 7-night on October 19th. Any more October sailors out there with different views. I really don't want to miss a lot due to weather.

We've been on 3 cruises in October and have never had a problem. We've always been lucky as far as the weather went. You take the chance of stormy weather but the temperatures are always great - 70's & 80's. I think it's the best time to cruise. This year we're going the end of September and I'm hoping our luck will hold. Hope you have a great time.

My first cruise was in October 1999 and the weather was great for the most part. We had to outrun a tropical storm on the way back to Port Canaveral from Castaway Cay, but the rest of the trip was smooth.

On our 10-13 cruise on the Magic, our weather was almost perfect. We had some rough weather, 13'-15' waves Sunday evening and Monday with a few brief showers due to a tropical storm to our east. Captain Hans even changed course by cutting west of Puerto Rico on our way to St. Martin. We were able to see the lights of San Juan Monday evening. On Monday evening, it was so windy on deck 10, I felt like I was ice skating with my flat soled sandels. :D I took them off, and my DS & I pretended we were standing in a wind tunnel. You had to be there!!:rolleyes:

The water at both St. Martin and St. Thomas was cloudy due to the storm, but the weather was fantastic. For most of the week, the waves were 8'-10', not that noticable on a ship the size of the Magic. We even stopped taking Bonine @ Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter