Typical counter service meal prices at Seaworld/Busch Gardens?

johde

DIS Veteran
I'm traveling to Florida this January and I'm trying to decide if I want to get the all day dining especially with the hopeful Black Friday deals coming. I'm planning on going to Sea World on January 3rd and Busch Gardens sometime January 6-10.

The Sea World day is going to be all day I have 1 trip Quick Que and Preferred Show seating so I'll hopefully won't be stuck in lines all day. The Busch Gardens day I'm going to take the Sea World shuttle from Universal to Busch Garden. I also have 1 trip Quick Que for Busch Gardens as well.

Right now, Busch Gardens and Sea World hasn't released January hours yet so I'm judging a bit blind on how many "meals" I'll be eating there. What I'm wondering is what is the typical "nice" counter service meal at say a Voygers or Zambia Smokehouse. (Not Hamburger, pizza or Chicken Fingers).

Im going to say estimate around $10 - $11 per entrée. Does not include drinks (which is on the dining deal) or an additional side (which is on the dining deal)

going to have a good time. You got it planned out right with the quick queue and the show seating etc. I also love the Busch gardens shuttle. I take it every time I go.

Thanks for the information. I found a real good deal on the "two park" package for 1 person and 1 night that's getting me the Quick Queues and the Preferred show seating.

For some reason, they aren't offering that package anymore. In the past, I've flown into Tampa and back out of Orlando doing a 1 1/2 days at Busch Gardens. With Busch Garden's I'm not sure I'll have time for 2 full meals if they close at 6:00. I like the thrill rides but I can't power ride them anymore. The Quick Queue will let me spread them out without worrying about how the lines will grow (although there may be a couple I'd like to hit twice and want to hit early in the regular lines).

If they offer a Black Friday deal at both parks I probably do it just for the convenience.

I will cross my fingers for you that you get some great deals. Good luck :D

Are you going to try out Falcons Fury?

Not the best quality photos, but these pics might give you a general idea of some of the options available and their pricing. All photos from Voyageurs Smokehouse, end of August 2014:

I will cross my fingers for you that you get some great deals. Good luck :D

Are you going to try out Falcons Fury?

I can honestly say, I'm not sure. I'm a bit (or more than a bit) on the pooh side. So, first I'll need to see if I fit, and second, I'll want to really check out the restraints. I'll ride Manta where you're hanging from the restraints but those things are secure. I'm really looking forward to riding Cheetah Chase.

Not the best quality photos, but these pics might give you a general idea of some of the options available and their pricing. All photos from Voyageurs Smokehouse, end of August 2014:

Thanks Gina. It looks like a big meal could run $20+ easily (combo platter dessert and drink). That and a couple of snacks/drinks will break even even if I don't get a second full meal at the park.

I'm going this Monday and we're trying out the dining option. Seems like it should be worth it for the price and we'll be there for at least 2 meals.

Not all the things pictured on the menu are included in the All day dining. I think ribs and the higher priced combos are excluded.
Not all restaurants are included.
The plan ends before the park closes, so a 6:00 close might not be still serving at your dinner time.

Thanks Gina. It looks like a big meal could run $20+ easily (combo platter dessert and drink). That and a couple of snacks/drinks will break even even if I don't get a second full meal at the park.

Not all the things pictured on the menu are included in the All day dining. I think ribs and the higher priced combos are excluded.
The plan ends before the park closes, so a 6:00 close might not be still serving at your dinner time.

Items marked with a red dot are entrees that are dining plan eligible. Blue dots are dining plan sides. Yellow dots indicate drinks on the plan.

I knew the baby back ribs were excluded. The last time I used it several years ago at Busch Gardens you could get the sampler. But looking at the menu you could be right (although you could go back through the line). That's what I'm trying to figure on the Busch Gardens Day figuring a probable early close. A couple Desert or Fruit and Drinks ($6 each) snacks and a full meal (evens $16) would be $28+ and that would be fairly easy to do even on a 10-6 day.

Thank you for the photo, as this is the only fairly recent listing I've seen for actual menu prices at Sea World right now.

I am curious, though. I keep reading that you can get dessert or fruit or a side with the dining plan, but yet, in this photo, the fruits and desserts don't have a blue dot and don't look like they are eligible. Is it because not all of them are included, but some of them are?

Thank you for the photo, as this is the only fairly recent listing I've seen for actual menu prices at Sea World right now.

I am curious, though. I keep reading that you can get dessert or fruit or a side with the dining plan, but yet, in this photo, the fruits and desserts don't have a blue dot and don't look like they are eligible. Is it because not all of them are included, but some of them are?

The fruits and desserts are lined up in display cases, where you can just take what you want and sit it on your tray as you pass through the cafeteria-style lines. In those display cases are where you will see the items marked with blue dots, rather than on the sign itself. Some of the sides we saw that were on the plan (off the top of my head, there were more too).....

Chocolate cake
Cheesecake
Carrot cake
Chocolate chip cookies
Sugar cookies
Strawberries
Strawberries and orange wedges
Watermelon
Large pickles
Small salads
Pudding
Muffins

Some dessert options (though very few) were NOT on the plan. One thing that comes to mind is the dishes of cookies that cake with icing for dipping. Those didn't have the blue dot. Most of the rest all did.

We found the all day dining items to be marked very well. The plan is very user-friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter