Typical Cast Member Reaction After Safety Incident?

Maybe I've lost some sympathy because I work in worker's comp, but IMO, if the CM's asked you numerous times if you needed to see a paramedic and you declined the medical treatment, that should void their liability to any future injuries stemming from the fall. I also personally think that a waiver should be signed off on if a guest takes the time to make a CM aware that they fell but declines an exam from a paramedic. Its also a lesson learned for anyone in a similar situation that even if it doesnt feel like a big deal at the moment, just file a report to be safe.

My guess: since it involved a gate, there was probably video.

True, I tend not to think of all the probable cameras and am now hoping there was not one the day of the soaked skirt to capture me twirling in a circle like a dog after its tail trying to see if you could see through the fabric and how much it might look like I wet myself :oops:

...and hit her face on the concrete. Knocked her smooth out, and was bleeding profusely from her nose and face.

If that wasn't such a serious accident, I'd laugh. Getting knocked in the smooth, much less getting it knocked out, can be very painful.

I don't get expecting an incident report being filled out because you chose to lean against a gate. An unlocked gate isn't unsafe because its purpose is not meant to hold up humans who need a rest. You fell because you made a bad decision not because Disney did anything wrong.
Or at the very least, ask for an incident report or some documentation. You don't go in, tell them you're reporting a broken gate latch, then complain that they didn't give you FPs (which you didn't ask for) and have you fill out an incident report (which you didn't ask for.) If you wanted them to take your contact info or give you some documentation, then ask for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter