Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach - Kids 40" and 44" tall

Easto

Mouseketeer
We have 6 day park tickets w/ 1 day of water parks included.

We have 2 off days built into your vacation in August where we may use the water park option.

My kids are 40" and 44" tall

We have a pool at home, so my kids are familiar with the water.

The 44" can swim, the 40" is getting there but not yet ready to lose some sort off flotation device.

Which of these two parks would be best given their height?

Is there enough for them to do at each park?

Blizzard Beach has two kids' areas (one for little ones and one for the preteen set), a much less intense wave pool, and a better family raft ride. The water in the little kids' area is pretty shallow, but the water in the bigger kids' area is deeper. Life jackets are available at the locker/towel rental area if your non-swimmer needs one.

I personally prefer Typhoon Lagoon, but I think Blizzard Beach is a better choice for families.

We will be at WDW during the first week of May. I have a day built in a water park visit, but wondering which one. We have a nearly 7 yo son who is all about adventure and is quite the daredevil. He is 48 inches tall so can pretty much ride anything. We go to the water park at 6 Flags in Illinois - he loves the wave pool there that produces 5-6 foot waves (he is held by my husband while in it). Since he is a little thrill seeker, is Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon the better option?

We went to Blizzard Beach when my daughter was about 43" and could swim. She does not do adventure and she loved Blizzard Beach. We did the like kids area, wave pool, lazy river, and family raft ride. She tried the bigger kids area but was not quite tall enough to be comfortable with some of the things. She did love the zip line in the bigger kids area, she just wore a lifejacket. We stayed away from the bigger slides and she had a great time.

Blizzard beach has a much better area for kids and even the bigger rides are better for smaller kids. Our DS (6 at the time we did both water parks) loved BB but did not like TL. He wasn't a fan of the wave pool wave knocking him down (he's a strong swimmer too) even when we were very far back.

We are deciding between August 26th and August 29th to do a water park.

I think we will aim for the 26th and if weather is crap that day bump it to the 29th.

Which of the two water parks has smaller crowds this time of year?

The crowds are about the same. Strictly speaking, I think TL has slightly higher attendance number when looking at it from an annual perspective, but it's not really noticeable day to day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter