Typhoon Lagoon questions

emacat

Polishing up my ears
Hello All! We'll be on our first WDW trip in just over two months, and I'm trying to get some final things organized.

Several questions about the waterpark- first, is TL as much fun as BB in it's own way? Also, do you recommend water shoes? Will it be a problem if we go halfway through the day, or is it best to go first thing (Mainly, I want somewhere to sit and tan a bit so my vampire paleness fades away and my 13 year old wants fun, fun, fun)? Is it stupid to take a cell phone with us, or are there lockers close by for when I want to spend some water time with her?

Thanks to all of you that help us WDW newbies out! :teacher:

There are lockers, but you would want to sit close to them if you're wanting to leave your stuff and go. Also, they are rentals.

We went first thing so that we could find a good place to sit for our time there.

I liked TL better than BB. DH liked BB better.

My family enjoys Typhoon Lagoon over BB. Water shoes are not really needed, they're not good with the slides. As far as the time of day, getting there in the morning is what we usually do but I would think going mid day would be fine as well. Its a great park, enjoy!

In my opinion (and that if my kids) blizzard beach is much better if ur into water slides and typhoon is better if u want to spend most of ur time at the wave pool and beach area. Choose what's more important to ur family.

No to the water shoes. We have 5 people in our family and 5 cell phones lol. We use the locker rental for our clothes, cell phones and other items. We do bring one of the phones and simply hide under a shirt or in a shoe. That way we have one available for pictures or if we need to make a call.

:scared1: ....no shoes???!!!!

We wear flip flops to every slide at TL or BB. The florida sun is too much for my kids feet to walk on hot cement all afternoon.

:scared1: ....no shoes???!!!!

We wear flip flops to every slide at TL or BB. The florida sun is too much for my kids feet to walk on hot cement all afternoon.

I forgot to talk about this: we just wear some Old Navy flip flops when we're there. We generally spend most of our time in the lazy rivers, but we will get out and go get something to drink, etc.

My DH and I would disagree and say shoes are essential! On our honeymoon he went without and I wore shoes. Halfway through the day walking on the concrete with no shoes and he was hobbling to the locker for his flip flops. Yes, you have to take them off sometimes, but it gives you a lot more stamina if your feet aren't tired from lack of support.

I'm a fan of water shoes, or at least flip flops. If only so I can run to the restroom without going back to the locker every time. Something about bare feet on wet bathroom floors just skeeves me out. :sick:

I also liked them for the hot concrete and rough wave pools. We bought super cheap water shoes from Walmart or Target on our last trip. The wave pools trashed them during our two week stay (four days at the water parks) so we chucked them after the trip. But, seriously, that's how hard the wave pool would have been on our bare feet. It made me glad we had the shoes.

As far as the parks themselves, we LOVED TL! It was our favorite. My kids were 10 and 12 on that trip. You can rent lockers for your phones and such. We always arrived at park opening; but, I've read on here many times that the water parks thin out again by late afternoon, so you should be fine.

Have Fun!

Thanks to all of you for the great feedback! I have to admit that yep, flip-flops at least for the bathroom...**shivers**.

I think we might try for the afternoon. We have an open day at the end of the trip, but I think we'll go in the afternoon of our AK day. We really only have a few things we want to do at that park.

:)

We are barefooters all the way! They do have foot rinse stations all over the park along the pathways so while the thought of bathrooms is icky at least they have places for rinsing.

TL wins for us but I am not sure why. It seems like there is less walking and less carrying tubes up the stairs and less stairs. I don't know if this is real or just perceived :confused3. Also, I prefer the big wave pool at TL; it beats floating around like a cork at BB's pool.

to TL once and it was about the same time as you are going. (We will be departing about the time you are arriving this June.) We went first thing in the morning and left a little after noon. The park was pretty crowded when we left. I had read that a lot of locals have annual water park passes and use them later in the day.

I have water shoes because I go canoeing. I thought they were helpful. There are a couple of rides that require you to take them off but that was not really a problem.

sorry to hijack your thread, just a quick question about water shoes. being from the uk we really don't have a lot of use for them here lol, do you wear them on the slides? or if you wear flip flops do you hold them on the way down the slide? I thought I remembered not being allowed to wear shoes on the slides but I'm probably wrong, thanks

rafts, such as the Crushin' Gusher and the Lazy River (not the right name), allow you to wear the shoes. Those without rafts require you to take them off. On the latter rides usually your arms are crossed which makes holding the shoes easy.

rafts, such as the Crushin' Gusher and the Lazy River (not the right name), allow you to wear the shoes. Those without rafts require you to take them off. On the latter rides usually your arms are crossed which makes holding the shoes easy.

ah! ok thanks, that's good to know :-)

Good question on the water shoes! It sounds like we want to get there fairly early. :) Thanks again to everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter