• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typhoon Lagoon Questions

captchris

Go Yankees!
We are taking a cruise on 9/9/2006. We return on 9/16, and have a very late flight. It doesn't leave MCO until 7:50 PM. Rather than spend a lot of money and go to the MK for a day, we are thinking about going to Typhoon Lagoon. We were at WDW in 2/2005, and went to everything except a water park. I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon in 10 years, and when I went I wasn't a daddy yet, so I didn't pay any attention to the ride restrictions.

My DD is 6, my DS is 4. Are there any height requirements on the new water coaster or the raft rides and slides?

We are thinking Typhoon might be a little more kid friendly, at least for our kids, and my DW has never been to Typhoon. She and I went to BB in 2001.

I don't know about restrictions, but Crush & Gusher is pretty intense. I'm an excellent swimmer, love the water and thought it would be great. I went down for the first time with my two girls in front of the three person raft. I literally thought, "What have I done?" More intense than I thought. You have to keep your bottom up or you'll hit it constantly. I'm not sure how easily a 4 yo would do with that. We love TL even though we have one child who doesn't do anything other than the lazy river and the "beach." Good luck either way!

teacher31 said:
I don't know about restrictions, but Crush & Gusher is pretty intense. I'm an excellent swimmer, love the water and thought it would be great. I went down for the first time with my two girls in front of the three person raft. I literally thought, "What have I done?" More intense than I thought. You have to keep your bottom up or you'll hit it constantly. I'm not sure how easily a 4 yo would do with that. We love TL even though we have one child who doesn't do anything other than the lazy river and the "beach." Good luck either way!
Thanks for your advice. :thumbsup2 I checked the main site and there is a 48 inch minimum to ride the Crush & Gusher and the Humunga Kowabunga. DD and I should be able to do the Storm Slides and the other raft rides on Mt. Mayday. DS and DW will join on the rafts I am sure as well.

I sometimes go in the winter with my family which has young kids and older folks. Is the water heated in the pools which would make it Ok to go when its a little cold outside?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter