Typhoon Lagoon Question

MattIL

Mouseketeer
My family will be visiting Walt Disney World the last weekend in February. If the weather is warm (Mid 70’s and up) we were thinking about visiting Typhoon Lagoon. We have two questions. Is the water heated (wave pool and slides) and what type of crowds can we expect at this time of the year? We thought that maybe our fellow guests from the south might not view this as ideal swimming weather and would only visit the theme parks.

Thanks for the help.

My family will be visiting Walt Disney World the last weekend in February. If the weather is warm (Mid 70’s and up) we were thinking about visiting Typhoon Lagoon. We have two questions. Is the water heated (wave pool and slides) and what type of crowds can we expect at this time of the year? We thought that maybe our fellow guests from the south might not view this as ideal swimming weather and would only visit the theme parks.

Thanks for the help.

Water is heated.

Crowds vary.

Water is heated. I went this past Wednesday or Thursday when it was slightly overcast with temps in the low 70's. The water felt great and no one was there. Then again, it was 8 degrees back home, so I didn't notice it being cold, but the park was empty from 10 - 1, with maybe a 2 minute wait for Crush 'n Gusher.

We keep the water in all the slides and pools around 80F (27C) except for Shark Reef which does not have filters, pumps or heaters. What you want is a day that will be bright and sunny and preferably not windy.

If you go on a day that is heavily overcast you will not be able to take advantage of any radiant heating (from the sun) or on a windy day (especially with a dry wind from the North) you will get hit by wind chill.

But a day with the highs in the mid-50s or above which is sunny and calm most people (at least from Northern climates) should be comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter