• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

mhmcduff

mcminnie
What does everyone think? We have never been to to the water parks and we are going with our two young boys in May. Thanks!

How old are the boys? We went to TL when DS was 9 and DD was 2.5. They both had a blast. DH took DS on the coaster slides while I swam and played with DD in the pool that is there by it, and then we switched places. Then I took DD into the children's play areas while DH and DS did the other big slides. DD absolutely loved the little water slide they had there. They get on a little tube and go down a small stream and she rode it at least 20 times, I swear. Then, after the guys were done, we met up again and all went into the wave pool. DD and I stayed in more shallow water, but they both loved the tides.

We took DS to BB when he was 5, and he liked it. There was a nice play area there for kids and he had a good time. He was not tall enough for summitt plummitt at the time and was bummed that he couldn't ride on it.

When you ask him, he says TL is better, however, he would love to do summitt once.

We liked TL better for little kids. They both have awesome slides and things, but TL had a lot of nice shade I don't remember BB having (good to have with a pale kid....:lmao: ). TL has a really big kids area.

I think TL is better based on the age of the kids. They would also love BB, but it might be nice to save that for when they are older.

Have a magical time, whichever park you choose!

As a former Blizzard Beach lifeguard, my opinion is Typhoon Lagoon 100%!!! I spent 8 months listening to little boys telling their parents that they wanted to leave Blizzard and hearing "Why couldn't we have just gone back to Typhoon? It is more fun!" comments. Typhoon just seems to be more appealing to boys...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter